Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades/acquisitions

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Marlins still haven't announced their lineup for a game in an hour and a half. Maybe the marte/Duvall package to Atlanta for Kyle Wright and ender will be announced soon. The Atlanta return was a joke, but I hope the first part isn't
    Doubt it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Doubt it
    Me too

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    https://dodgersway.com/2021/07/16/do...-morton-trade/

This article muses about the Dodgers trading for Morton. Doesn't mention Morton's desires to stay closer to home. But the return seems very good for a half season of Morton.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post

This article muses about the Dodgers trading for Morton. Doesn't mention Morton's desires to stay closer to home. But the return seems very good for a half season of Morton.
    I do wonder if Morton would agree to move anywhere other than Tampa Bay. It would only be for 2 1/2 to 3 months, so it wouldn't be that disruptive. I don't know much about Dodger prospects, but two decent guys with some upside currently playing at AA is about what one could reasonably expect in return. Jackson is a little on the older side, but other than that, it doesn't look that bad.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    I would take that Dodger package immediately. Too bad it’s very unlikely.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Not bad, but given the teams that are truly contenders I'm guessing AA could do a little better - even with Morton being a true rental since he has a pretty established track record of being good during the postseason. He's not going to hit a homerun with a Morton deal, but I think there would be enough teams interested that he would be able to do push for something a little better.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Thought piece with no advocacy either way. Twins are trying to negotiate an extension with Byron Buxton and if they can't get it done in the next week or so, they may trade him. Given Pache's face plant and concerns about Waters reaching his ceiling, any interest from the Braves in the oft-injured but physically gifted Buxton?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Ozzie Swanson (07-18-2021)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Thought piece with no advocacy either way. Twins are trying to negotiate an extension with Byron Buxton and if they can't get it done in the next week or so, they may trade him. Given Pache's face plant and concerns about Waters reaching his ceiling, any interest from the Braves in the oft-injured but physically gifted Buxton?
    do it

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    The Buxton question IMO there would be little or no interest in trading for him. Maybe a make good contract for 1 year.
    I have this gut feeling that Pache/Waters really have little value to other teams and AA will hold on to them until he can rebuild a viable OF and DH around one of them. With significant money freeing up this winter AA should be able to fill lots of holes, I just have a feeling in the bottom of my gut that FF is gone either FA or trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    The Joc sniffers will probably have interest in Bowman article. I dont know how to pull and paste (if that is right term)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    The Joc sniffers will probably have interest in Bowman article. I dont know how to pull and paste (if that is right term)
    What's it say?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What's it say?
    Jac says he was in negotiations with Braves all winter to the point of looking for housing. Pull it up and post please. Will prove valid interest to some.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    The Buxton question IMO there would be little or no interest in trading for him. Maybe a make good contract for 1 year.
    I have this gut feeling that Pache/Waters really have little value to other teams and AA will hold on to them until he can rebuild a viable OF and DH around one of them. With significant money freeing up this winter AA should be able to fill lots of holes, I just have a feeling in the bottom of my gut that FF is gone either FA or trade.
    We were told significant money would be available this season and that we didn’t have a “cap” according to AA and the team president.
    Never believe anything the front office says as all signs point to us being broke and with Freddie and others needing a deal this off-season, it wouldn’t shock me if our payroll once again went down.
    I honestly could see us signing FF and then picking up cheap vets in place of Ozuna.
    I’m sorry but I won’t trust what they say until I actually see it on the books

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Don't think so - for me anyway. I just don't think he's ever going to get past being one of those "could've been" guys - really a shame too because he'd be first ballot material based on talent and personality. If he doesn't take the incentive-laden deal it sounds like the Twins are offering I think it's fair to question his sanity - it sounds like he's going to have to learn to stay on the field if he wants to get paid at all, but I don't see anyone offering him more than the Twins will since they'd potentially retire his number if he could stay healthy enough to play 125-ish games for the next 5 years.

JMO, but paying legitimate money to someone with his injury history is every bit as nuts as paying a 33+ year old player market value because he put up good numbers for 8 seasons, and trading the kind of value they're going to have to get to justify moving him would be even crazier.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    deGrom and lindor injuries have opened the door even more. Here's something else to consider... t. Walker inning totals the last 4 years: 2018 - 13.0, 2019 - 1.0, 2020 - 53.1, 2021 - 90.0. Will they have to start cutting his innings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I think there’s a good chance we pick up Jocs option on our end.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I think there’s a good chance we pick up Jocs option on our end.
    Agree. $10 MM is a bit on the pricey side, but with the DH likely coming, I can see Pederson penciled in as the LHH part of a LF platoon. What I've been reading is that Anthopoulos won't meet the demands necessary to land one of the higher profile half-season rentals. I'm a broken record on it, but this is why they should have picked up Starling Marte last deadline. Having the contractual control going forward really helps crytallize the off-season.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-18-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts

That’s a 50 and a 45 for 2 months or Morton. If the Braves sell that type of return would be outstanding.

However, if the NL East continues to be awful, it will be nearly impossible to justify selling if the team is only 3 games out.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-18-2021), jpx7 (07-18-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    That’s a 50 and a 45 for 2 months or Morton. If the Braves sell that type of return would be outstanding.

However, if the NL East continues to be awful, it will be nearly impossible to justify selling if the team is only 3 games out.
    AA knows more offense is coming with TDA and pitching with Ynoa so he has help coming. If he can grab a good bp arm and another bat the division is wide open. If we played in any other division in baseball our season would be over.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

This.

And even though it doesn't seem to make long-term sense, the next couple of days is when I'd step on the gas if I'm going for it. If Smyly can somehow get you by today and there's a package that could land you Gibson and Gallo, the screaming in New York would be deafening if AA added Pederson/Gallo/Gibson/Vogt in a 96 hour period while the Mutts were in the process of putting deGrom on the IL with Lindor potentially on it for an extended period and the Braves were suddenly 2 games back. With Gibson and Gallo under control through next year too and the Mutts taking on water fast, I think I just might be willing to back up the truck if I'm AA. Offer any combination of Pache, Waters, Muller, Wright, Shewmake, Elder, etc. - anyone not named Langeliers, Harris, Franklin, Strider. Exercise Pederson's option in 2022 with Dansby's money and move Arcia to SS and Acuna back to CF

Talk about absolute panic. There's no doubt in my mind that they'd make quick reactionary moves and trade away several good pieces for rentals trying to match Alex' moves - different owner and GM, but they're still the Mutts.

I still understand those who think that would be shortsighted, and wouldn't want AA to do it if we were trying to chase down anyone else. Strasburg isn't going to be back for a while, deGrom is going to miss at least another 2 or more starts, the Phillies aren't someone worth worrying about - for everything that's gone wrong, the stars have just seemingly aligned to the point that Alex might make a very big mistake if he's not buying and buying big.