Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    So you're not too far from the Patco then huh?

NJ gets a bad rap because of NYC. Comics, TV shows, etc. catering to NYC consumers trash NJ. Parts of NJ suck, and are industrial wastelands, but for anyone who hates NJ I just take them out to Monmouth or Ocean if they're interested in nature/views, or take them to Mercer/Middlesex if they're more into the hipster or yuppy scene (don't get more yuppy than Princeton) I'm hoping to get a brewing gig up here where it's easier before sliding back into NJ.
    I live within 5-10 minutes, walking, of two different stations. It's great, my gf works in a center city hospital, and can completely avoid traffic on the way to work and be there in 15 min. We can take the train over to the city, go out and get sloppy, and get dropped off essentially at my door. The Walt Whit and Ben are about 5 minutes from my house as well.

As far as brew jobs, my cousin just started brewing at home, then got a job at a brew pub in the city (nodding head). He was there for at least 2 years I think before he found the job at river horse. There's definitely a niche for those who like craft beer/brewing beer. He read a lot of books, too. Dropped out of school, but worked hard to learn brewing. Now I get all the free river horse i need!

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I would love free Riverhorse haha. NJ has a lot of breweries that want experience. Up in NH and VT they're more ballsy. Though I may have something open up in NJ if this place can hire my brother and myself, and gets the funding it needs.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Without Drudge he doesn't have a (R) Primary prayer. Because he stood by Obama and dissed Romney.
    Case closed - over- kiput - finis - my guess is he will be a Fox News analyst - if not in prison since lawsuits are beginning.
    Some are saying this is just the tip of the Christie iceberg.

And please, they all don't do this. I've been following current events since the early 60's and have never seen a pol caught at this level of arrogance / or incompetence at running an office. Pick one

Drudge:
    http://drudgereport.com/
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-10-2014 at 10:17 AM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Not all politicians abuse Thier power and take care of Thier friends/voters and buck the people that are/were against them?

Christie did the best he could do coming out of this. Fired the lady, took resposibilty and answered every question. As long as there's no smoking gun tying Christie to this he'll come out fine.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    He did the best he could, but there's no running away from the fact that he hired the woman he subsequently fired and this type of behavior is often the tip of the iceberg. I've been in the game (not at as high a level as Ms. Kelly) and I've seen this type of crap take place. But it's usually personal and relatively innocuous. It doesn't involve creating a major traffic tie-up.

I've been disappointed that Obama hasn't reined in some of his staff, so the saw cuts both ways. There may be no smoking gun, but the culture created by Christie's personality certainly helped create an atmosphere where something like this was even considered. This event doesn't put Christie's presidential hopes in the ground, but he's on one good leg going forward.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 01-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I think he was set up. No one of his stature is this tone deaf
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-10-2014 at 03:38 PM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Christie took more accountability in two hours than Obama has with Benghazi and the IRS scandal ever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    How does one take "accountability" ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-10-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Not all politicians abuse Thier power and take care of Thier friends/voters and buck the people that are/were against them?

Christie did the best he could do coming out of this. Fired the lady, took resposibilty and answered every question. As long as there's no smoking gun tying Christie to this he'll come out fine.
    NEW DOCS RELEASED... Emergency Responders Forced To Move On Foot... DAYS OF CHAOS... 'I Pray No Life Has Been Lost'... 'Violates Federal Law'... CAPO SCHEMED: 'There Can Be No Public Discourse'... Senator 'Not Convinced' Christie Didn't Know... Ex-Gov: 'Phony, Bulls**t'... Christie Asked NY Gov. To Back Off Investigation... 'Just The Tip Of The Cover-Up'...

///////////////////////////////////////////
    The question isn't even about Christie personally anymore. It is about if ther is just one national (R) of stature will stand next to him.
    Guilty or not - he doesn't recover from this
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-10-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Christie took more accountability in two hours than Obama has with Benghazi and the IRS scandal ever
    I didn't watch what he said, cause i really don't care, whoever did this did a scumbag thing. But if Christie went up there and farted into the mic, I think you'd say the same thing.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I find myself perversely admiring your ability to still use the word "scandal," in that context, without deploying quotation marks. That kind of tenacity and single-mindedness must simplify your life a great deal.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (01-11-2014), goldfly (01-11-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Oh my! Looks like Christie has learned Chicago Politics well!! Sharp-elbows and all. Funny thing is when politicians do what politicians do to get back at one another it's citizens who field the blows.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I find myself perversely admiring your ability to still use the word "scandal," in that context, without deploying quotation marks. That kind of tenacity and single-mindedness must simplify your life a great deal.
    That's right. We use "scandal" for those we support and scandal for the other guys. Amazing how well we rationalize things away and give our guys "plausible deniability." And just watch us marshall article after article explaining how well, it really isn't a scandal for our guys, preaching away to our choir, feeling intellectually and morally superior and all. Do you guys ever just look in a mirror?
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 01-11-2014 at 01:25 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (01-11-2014)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I'm still trying to find a legitimate reason to care about this, aside from it proving that Christie had a vice grip on his full administration (which isn't exactly a bad thing.)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-11-2014)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm still trying to find a legitimate reason to care about this, aside from it proving that Christie had a vice grip on his full administration (which isn't exactly a bad thing.)
    i honestly can't bring myself to care about this either

i start reading about it and start thinking "who gives a ****"

this country has real problems and the main story going on in this country is about a road closing

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-11-2014), Hawk (01-11-2014)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    That's right. We use "scandal" for those we support and scandal for the other guys. Amazing how well we rationalize things away and give our guys "plausible deniability." And just watch us marshall article after article explaining how well, it really isn't a scandal for our guys, preaching away to our choir, feeling intellectually and morally superior and all. Do you guys ever just look in a mirror?
    You're awfully dark and sooty yourself, pot.

Did I make an equivalence? Was I the one who compared the brouhaha which was the topic of the thread with another purported scandal?

Consider getting some fresh air. Go for a walk. Pat the dog. I find this constant tone of curmudgeonly enforcement to be pretty tiresome, even when I agree with the substance of your posts.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Okay kettle, let's see what we have here.

1. Condescension? Check.

2. "My guy's scandals are "scandals""? Check.

Now, have a good evening and get off my lawn.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Okay kettle, let's see what we have here.

1. Condescension? Check.

2. "My guy's scandals are "scandals""? Check.

Now, have a good evening and get off my lawn.
    You're awfully dark and sooty yourself, pot.

Did I make an equivalence? Was I the one who compared the brouhaha which was the topic of the thread with another purported scandal?

Consider getting some fresh air. Go for a walk. Pat the dog. I find this constant tone of curmudgeonly enforcement to be pretty tiresome, even when I agree with the substance of your posts.
    Forever Fredi

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-11-2014), goldfly (01-12-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Nice! Love me some LotR.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-12-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (01-12-2014), BedellBrave (01-12-2014)