Thread: my proposal to revise hall of fam voting process (just for kicks)

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

my proposal to revise hall of fam voting process (just for kicks)

There's been a lot of articles debating the way the hall of fame is voted on, so I thought I would share my proposal (as someone with absolutely no power)...

1) All current hall of fame players, coaches, and executives have a vote
    2) All players on the ballot get a vote (if you managed to stay around long enough to get on the ballot, shouldn't you have the pleasure of casting a vote, even if just for the one year)
    3) Hold contest each year to give ballots to 90 fans, 30 fans of each team. (after all it is a museum for the fans)
    4) all writer's association members get a conditional vote based upon them publishing a predetermined number of actual baseball articles that year (or just get rid of all writers who no longer cover baseball regularly and stop allowing them to apply to keep the membership).

You can get in one of 2 ways. 75% of the total votes, or 87.5% of any one subcategory (half way between 75% and 100%). this allows for different sets to have a voice and helps prevent a situation where the writers are in total control. also imagine the excitement each year in the contest to get one of the 90 fan votes. it would be a great public relations event for MLB each year.

I would also agree that the 10 player limit is silly but if it weren't for the PED issue that would never have really been an issue anyways. it's only an issue now because of the backlog of deserving candidates.

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Let me clarify that the subcategories would be current hall of famers, current ballot players and fans, and writers association, so there is only 3 subcategories.