Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Acuna has a torn ACL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Braves aren’t selling anything, because while they have virtually no shot of winning the division, I still see them being within 4-5 games of the Mets at the deadline. AA can’t justify a sell off and punting the season being that close, even if the odds are extremely small.
    We will get that 5-game series in with the Mets before the deadline. That will likely decide things in that department.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-12-2021)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    I think Waters has to go on the 40 man roster in the off season, right?
    If he earns it, then i'd like to see him up this year where we don't lose a year of control. Maybe he doesn't earn it. Maybe the CBA potentially changing has them holding back waters.

I'd go to a 6 man rotation to protect our starters and deal with their youth and last year's shortened season. Throw the best couple of Muller, Touki, Wright, Wilson and Ynoa.

Look to move Smyly and pay all of his money to get some return. Same thing on Morton and sign him back in the off season. Hope TDA can come back before the deadline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    We will get that 5-game series in with the Mets before the deadline. That will likely decide things in that department.
    The Mets are so mediocre that the Braves will probably go 2-3 or 3-2 in that series. However, the Mets should be at full strength by August and will improve at the deadline. I think you’ll see the real collapse in August-September.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post

Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Soroka's medical issues aside, doctors are fixing knees all the time in just about every sport these days and I trust the Braves' will have him in good hands. In the 1960s, this would have been a death knell on his career, partially because of surgical techniques, but more importantly because the field of "sports medicine" didn't exist. I just hope the surgery is successful and he takes his time and does the rehab right. The rehab, at least to me, is the more relevant part of the recovery.
    Heck, even until the early 80s. When Bernard King came back that was considered monumental.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4maddux_cy's For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-12-2021), jpx7 (07-12-2021)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    When trying to read between the lines - something it seems impossible to do with AA in charge - you have to admit it's tough NOT to think we're possibly going to see Waters with the big club coming out of the break.

Flaa was outrighted off the 40-Man Roster today, meaning there are now TWO empty roster spots. Probably safe to assume Touki takes one, but with Ronald on the 60-Day IL there wasn't really a pressing need to clear another spot.
    Last edited by clvclv; 07-13-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    When trying to read between the lines - something it seems impossible to do with AA in charge - you have to admit it's tough NOT to think we're possibly going to see Waters with the big club coming out of the break.

Flaa was outrighted off the 40-Man Roster today, meaning there are now TWO empty roster spots.
    I imagine one is being held for when Toussaint comes off the 60-day IL.

I can't believe Tice is still on the 40-man. Only explanation to me is that he drafted by Toronto when Anthopoulos was there.

I was looking at some old drafts today. I really can't believe that the Braves didn't keep Jeremy Walker around even though he's still injured and won't pitch this year. When you look at the refuse we've had on the 40-man this year (Flaa, Arano, Tice, Roark, Lopez), you'd think they could have held on to Walker who was going to go on the 60-day DL at the end of spring training and likely stay there until the end of the season. Certainly not a big deal, but I thought Walker looked good after going to the bullpen.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 07-13-2021 at 05:44 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-13-2021)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I imagine one is being held for when Toussaint comes off the 60-day IL.

I can't believe Tice is still on the 40-man. Only explanation to me is that he drafted by Toronto when Anthopoulos was there.

I was looking at some old drafts today. I really can't believe that the Braves didn't keep Jeremy Walker around even though he's still injured and won't pitch this year. When you look at the refuse we've had on the 40-man this year (Flaa, Arano, Tice, Roark, Lopez), you'd think they could have held on to Walker who was going to go on the 60-day DL at the end of spring training and likely stay there until the end of the season. Certainly not a big deal, but I thought Walker looked good after going to the bullpen.
    Yeah - added that while you were typing your reply.

Waters has played 11 games in RF this season, and played 34 games there in 2019. Don't think the plan has ever been for him to spend much time there, but this year certainly hasn't gone as planned. His arm has plus grades - even according to FanGraphs. Playing him there with Arcia staying in LF would arguably be better offensively than playing Almonte or Adrianza in RF - at least long enough to get a look at him at this level.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Waters is in the Gwinnett line-up tonight. Braves are home starting Friday, so all Waters would have to do is hop on I-85 and drive for about 45 minutes and be ready to go. I don't know what they will do, but if they want to bring up Waters, it's not like they don't have detritus currently on the 40-man that would prevent that.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Didn't think about the fact they have to have a space for A-Jax too (his rehab period has to be close to over too), but I'd assume one of Lucroy or Smith would be dropped for that - maybe not. Even if they don't drop one to call one of A-Jax or Contreras back up it seems rather odd to carry 2 Catchers that are on the 40-Man Roster in Gwinnett.