Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *UPDATED FIRST POST* ChopCountry Cooperstown Plans for July 27th, 2014.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    I'm planning on going with my family.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    chopcountry.com
    has tons
    of makeup.

---
    PatioDaddio
    is my
    Homeboy

---
    Clique Leader
    4-Life Too Sweet.

----
    Ken Gurnick
    is my
    Homie

----
    Maddux wipes his ass
    with the clean towels
    in the locker room. Be aware.

----
    I see Maddux and Glavine,
    Where the hell is Smoltz?

----
    Can't wait to see
    Cox erected in the Hall.

----

I came to see Joe Morgan.

----

Actually, why not just have a t-shirt with this on the front

Sponsored By: The Fredi Fanatics at chopcountry.com

OBP isn't on the scoreboard

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    We're in south GA and planning to fly and rent a car. What would be nearby airports to fly into, probably from JAX, TLH or possibly ATL? Also, if anyone knows, how wheelchair accessible is the HOF museum? I think and the induction ceremony is on an open lawn, so that should be fine.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCannFan View Post
    We're in south GA and planning to fly and rent a car. What would be nearby airports to fly into, probably from JAX, TLH or possibly ATL? Also, if anyone knows, how wheelchair accessible is the HOF museum? I think and the induction ceremony is on an open lawn, so that should be fine.
    There are 3 airports within about 100 miles of cooperstown but none super close. Unless you know how to get to a small airstrip. You have Albany, Syracuse, and Binghamton. I think Binghamton is the closest but Albany is the easiest to fly into.

Going off memory, there are ramps to cooperstown, and I believe elevators to all the floors. I'm sure something like that is wheelchair accessible just by need, but I can't recall off the top of my head but my gut says it is.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (01-11-2014)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Don't think I can go, but I went in 2011 the week before the induction ceremony, and it's a wonderful place. Beautiful town, too.

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm from Jersey and just booked hotel tickets for me and my girlfriend. I've only been up there once 13 years ago when I was 14. This ceremony is a once in a lifetime experience and we are both looking forward to taking it all in. I wasn't that concerned about finding a hotel in Cooperstown, but I don't think I had a choice. Maybe I was looking at the wrong websites, but it seemed everything was booked. Found a hotel about 45 minutes away for the 26th. We plan on going to the museum on Saturday and getting there early for the ceremony.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    More hotels may become available. Sometimes for dates like that the early allotted rooms are few and go fast. Come April/May/June there may be more hotels available at a premium.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I fly for free so if I can convince my wife to go I will be there or maybe one of buddies.
    aka RHT10/Cokeman

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    I live in Western New York, and been thinking about this ever since the 90's. About 3 1/2 hours away. Have to makes plans sooner or later.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    14 Probables
    6 Maybes/Questionables

Sounds like it's going to be a party!
    Forever Fredi

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    It looks like finding a hotel (3 adults, 3 nights, July 25-27) is going to be nearly impossible. I hope Zito is right about more rooms becoming available closer to HOF weekend. So far, only the Ramada Inn, New Hartford, NY looks open and anywhere near the HOF or the Clark Sports Center. The hotel has pretty bad reviews, but at this point I'll take just about anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    You can officially count me out. Would be nice to see Bobby go into the HoF but not interested in seeing Benedict Glavine or that Cubs pitcher go in. I'll save my money for Chipper and Smoltz.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    You can officially count me out. Would be nice to see Bobby go into the HoF but not interested in seeing Benedict Glavine or that Cubs pitcher go in. I'll save my money for Chipper and Smoltz.
    Just come to get drunk with us. lol
    Forever Fredi

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Doubtful with a small chance I could make it.

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    benedict glavine and that cubs pitcher got us our only world series championship.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary82 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (01-28-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    And Drew Brees brought my football team their only championship too but if he chooses not to go into the hall of fame as a saint or signs with the Falcons I will **** on him too. I was the biggest Glavine fan in the world till he dumped me for the Mets. When I was 7 I went as Glavine for Halloween and my best friend as Avery. Championships are nice but increasingly meaningless in a sport that does not care about competitive balance. I dont recognize any accomplishments by the Yankees or their players so to me we won 4 championships.

All I really want is to shake Bobby, Chipper, and Smoltz's hand and thank them for their loyalty and great performance. I would rather cheer for players/coaches like them than win championships.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    And Drew Brees brought my football team their only championship too but if he chooses not to go into the hall of fame as a saint or signs with the Falcons I will **** on him too. I was the biggest Glavine fan in the world till he dumped me for the Mets. When I was 7 I went as Glavine for Halloween and my best friend as Avery. Championships are nice but increasingly meaningless in a sport that does not care about competitive balance. I dont recognize any accomplishments by the Yankees or their players so to me we won 4 championships.

All I really want is to shake Bobby, Chipper, and Smoltz's hand and thank them for their loyalty and great performance. I would rather cheer for players/coaches like them than win championships.
    Not even Gilesfan can doubt your intensity as a fan.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts

Smoltz took a few more to sign with Boston and chipper picked the Dodgers to win the series against us.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    I blame the Braves for Smoltz leaving and at that point he really should have just retired. There are several things that piss me off about Glavine leaving. First, it wouldnt bother me as much if he went to any team other than the Mets or Yankees. Second, saying he wanted to help end the streak was just twisting the knife in my wound. Third, he only took the Mets deal because he is a union shill and let the union thugs and his agent bully him into taking the biggest deal so other players would have more leverage in their contracts. He can pitch 8 shutout innings to win a world series clinching game but he doesnt have the balls to tell his agents and the union to go **** themselves.

There are few things I can stand less than a player who pretends like they dont have a choice in the matter. For example when a player says "well I want to stay here but thats between my agent and the team now" or "I need make sure I can feed my family" or "I really want to stay but thats up to the team now". 99% of those cases are bull****. McCann falls in that 1% in that it was best for both him and the Braves he goes elsewhere. Players hiding behind their agents so they dont look greedy is BS. Andruw wanted to stay a brave and he did something about it. I have so much respect for him doing that even though he eventually left. Andruw didnt get shafted by the Braves, he got a very fair deal.

I know people worship the almighty dollar but if you would turn down 15 million a year to be a brave to take 20 million a year to play for someone else your not really a fan of the team. I think agents and the union try and crush the fandom in players so this doesnt happen. When McCann was drafted his mom wouldnt let him talk to the team because she knew he would sign for next to nothing to be a Brave. 10 years later he is turning down 14 million a year to go to another team.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    I know people worship the almighty dollar but if you would turn down 15 million a year to be a brave to take 20 million a year to play for someone else your not really a fan of the team. I think agents and the union try and crush the fandom in players so this doesnt happen.
    I've been a die hard fan of the Braves since I was 9. I'd take that deal if it was from a team in a major city. I could still root for the Braves and live in a penthouse in Manhattan, and I'm sure that's what Mac will be doing.