Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    His option for next year is worth 10 million. Is a platoon bat worth 10 mil?
    Probably not unless the other part of the platoon is very cheap.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    I just don’t see how AA is being realistic here. This team couldn’t even get above .500 with Acuna and Anderson. Be realistic instead of trying to please the casuals. At the very least, he can still sell expiring parts in 2 weeks.
    Probably feels pressure to keep tickets selling and butts in the seats to make up for loss revenue a year ago.
    Forever Fredi

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

mossy (07-16-2021), VirginiaBrave (07-15-2021)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Wow. Okay, they’re still going for it
    Not sure that means "they're still going for it".

Ball was fun to pull for, but he's been exposed a bit now that he's not seeing rookie level pitching.

Pederson has been sexy for a long time, but if he's your "replacement" for Acuna and you expect to contend, that's far from impressive. AA took on money and gave up a guy that may not be good enough to play regularly at Gwinnett before he's done. Everybody order two extra beers when you're at the park to pay for Pederson the rest of the way, and don't forget uber.com.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Probably feels pressure to keep tickets selling and butts in the seats to make up for loss revenue a year ago.
    That was my first thought as well. Something about this just makes me less optimistic that we’ll sell like we should. Strange times.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-15-2021)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Methinks the middling performance we've been seeing will continue. The needle didn't even try to budge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    The desire of this board to quit is strange. Maybe AA adds marte and Duvall next.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

Hudson2 (07-15-2021)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The desire of this board to quit is strange. Maybe AA adds marte and Duvall next.
    It's not about quitting at all. But realistically this team was azz before Acuña got hurt. AA hasn't inspired the masses at all.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    531 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I just want them to do what’s best for the future without jeopardizing it. Even with Marte and Duvall, is that enough to get by the Dodgers and Padres lineup and pitching? Shoot, is it enough to get past Milwaukee’s top 3? They could easily be the East’s 1st round opponent. The Braves missed Burnes and Woodruff up there.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    That was my first thought as well. Something about this just makes me less optimistic that we’ll sell like we should. Strange times.
    Actually not sure it's a big surprise, and a big part of me expects to see another trade or two that doesn't make much of a dent anywhere while AA's at it. While Ball isn't much more than a marginal guy, he was at least the type of guy someone might dream a little on. I just don't see how Joc is much of an upgrade - AA didn't give up much to rent him, but he also gave up someone who will probably advance to AAA at his peak for someone who's simply not capable of playing everyday.

If Acuna was still playing I'd love this trade, but this just screams "let's try to keep people coming out to the park" to me, and it just seems like a waste of resources.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    One thought I just had — they really don’t seem interested in giving Waters a chance. I get it, I think we all have pretty serious concerns about him. But he has to go on the 40 man this off-season to be protected from the rule 5 draft, so I don’t see a huge issue with just giving him a shot at some point.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    This would have been a great pickup before Acuna got hurt. Now it seems like too little too late, but this is the exact type of move AA should have made if he’s trying to win.

At least things are more interesting now. Let’s just hope Snit never runs him out there vs LHP.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-15-2021)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Doesn’t move the needle that much considering. Not horrible. Will help a tad bit.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunit24 View Post
    So what are yall thinking the lineup will be now?

Swanson - SS
    Freeman - 1B
    Albies- 2B
    Riley - 3B
    Pederson - LF
    Almonte - RF
    Lucroy- C
    Inciarte-CF

Heck, not too bad if TDA comes back as planned and maybe Ozuna.

Either way, this sets us up to go for it these last few weeks and see what happens.

I also agree that adding Marte and a closer and we have a good shot despite losing RAJ.
    I’d like to see

Swanson SS
    Freeman 1B
    Albies 2B
    Riley LF
    Pederson/Heredia RF
    Arcia 3B
    Lucroy C
    Waters CF

Bench

Almonte
    Inciarte
    Adrianza
    Smith
    Pederson/Heredia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Aren't Moore and Rogers the only lh starters in the nl east not on the braves?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    This would have been a great pickup before Acuna got hurt. Now it seems like too little too late, but this is the exact type of move AA should have made if he’s trying to win.

At least things are more interesting now. Let’s just hope Snit never runs him out there vs LHP.
    What's scary IMO is that he'll actually give up something of value to find a partner for him.

I can live with Ball for Pederson, but if he follows that up by giving up Grissom or a decent arm for 10 weeks of Duvall without knowing Anderson's "fine" and good-to-go, I'm going to be pretty *amn disappointed.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Maybe trade for Marte and then shuffle Arcia, Heredia around to keep Pederson away from lefties? If the goal is to just win the division and have a “see what happens” mentality for the playoffs, there aren’t going to be any trades for the needed pieces that most people on here won’t view as an overpay.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Think it is possible Panda gets released tomorrow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunit24 View Post
    So what are yall thinking the lineup will be now?

Swanson - SS
    Freeman - 1B
    Albies- 2B
    Riley - 3B
    Pederson - LF
    Almonte - RF
    Lucroy- C
    Inciarte-CF

Heck, not too bad if TDA comes back as planned and maybe Ozuna.

Either way, this sets us up to go for it these last few weeks and see what happens.

I also agree that adding Marte and a closer and we have a good shot despite losing RAJ.
    That lineup is terrible.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    531 Posts
    Wow. Many on reddit think Bryce Ball being traded away means a Freddie extension is on the way and that we are "buyers".

Yep, this trade was to appease the casuals.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Pederson has been batting lead off for the Cubs against RHP, so that might be his role here. I've always liked Pederson, but he was pretty bad last year and not very good this year. At least we can say we have a Jewish player.

A bit of a surprising move that doesn't move the needle. I hope Anthopoulos doesn't go full-bore stupid.

I was surprised how hard Ball fell after hitting A+. Pretty much stunk it up all year.

My guess on Waters is that they will wait until September.