Coppy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-02-2021)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Given Martin's struggles, here's to hoping SOMEBODY comes to their senses and they use Touki out of the pen the rest of the way after tonight's start. If they need a spot starter at some point during the month, I'd much rather give that to Muller (or potentially even Wright) rather than using any other RH arm other than Rodriguez, Jackson, or Touki in the 7th or later right now.

Not real sure I understand adding Newk unless Snitker plans to give Matzek a night or two off over the weekend since he's been riding him so hard - SURELY they're not about to let Newk take the mound in Denver. Since they're calling Martin's absence an "injury" they obviously could bring Webb back without having to wait 10 days.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Lets hope its the impressive Newcomb.
    Not sure when the last time impressive Newcomb was spotted

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Not sure when the last time impressive Newcomb was spotted
    If you somehow get another night off for Matzek it's kinda tough to find a reason not to replace Newk with Santana other than the fact that you can't bring him back until Friday because of the 10 day rule.

I'm as big a fanboy as they come - meaning I'm always Jonesing to see our prospects make it - but I'm not interested in guys like Newk and Wright being anywhere close to the active roster this deep into a playoff race if it can possibly be helped. I'm all for using them to burn innings in April, May, and June when the pressure isn't escalated, but I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't rather see Smith inherit a bases loaded situation in the 9th than have Wright or Newk pitch meaningful innings.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    If you somehow get another night off for Matzek it's kinda tough to find a reason not to replace Newk with Santana other than the fact that you can't bring him back until Friday because of the 10 day rule.

I'm as big a fanboy as they come - meaning I'm always Jonesing to see our prospects make it - but I'm not interested in guys like Newk and Wright being anywhere close to the active roster this deep into a playoff race if it can possibly be helped. I'm all for using them to burn innings in April, May, and June when the pressure isn't escalated, but I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't rather see Smith inherit a bases loaded situation in the 9th than have Wright or Newk pitch meaningful innings.
    Santana is already back on the roster.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    Santana is already back on the roster.
    Didn't see today's transactions - guess the 10-Day demotion rule doesn't apply with expended rosters.

Doesn't change anything - I have no interest in seeing Newk or Wright pitch in another MLB game until sometime in 2022.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Didn't see today's transactions - guess the 10-Day demotion rule doesn't apply with expended rosters.

Doesn't change anything - I have no interest in seeing Newk or Wright pitch in another MLB game until sometime in 2022.
    Santana returned a couple days ago when Tomlin went on IL. That’s why he could come back early.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippyjms For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-04-2021)