Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    So you are saying 45 Hrs then?!
    Move over Barry Bonds!

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    If Pache has turned the corner, I'd love to see the Reds pass on Barnhart's 2022 option and have AA bring him in to split time with d'Arnaud. Talk about one *ell of a Catcher tandem.

Last night brought Pache's August/September line up to .344/.411/.542 (11 of his 33 hits have gone for extra bases). If he's able to take the CF job and run with it next spring, that opens up TONS of options for AA to fill out next season's roster however he likes.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    If Pache has turned the corner, I'd love to see the Reds pass on Barnhart's 2022 option and have AA bring him in to split time with d'Arnaud. Talk about one *ell of a Catcher tandem.

Last night brought Pache's August/September line up to .344/.411/.542 (11 of his 33 hits have gone for extra bases). If he's able to take the CF job and run with it next spring, that opens up TONS of options for AA to fill out next season's roster however he likes.
    But wouldn't he need to have the roster already filled out before Pache takes the job in spring??
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    But wouldn't he need to have the roster already filled out before Pache takes the job in spring??
    one would hope.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    I didn't realize the C market was so bad this offseason. That tidbit makes the TDA deal a no-brainer in my opinion.

They then go on to suggest Freeman could sign for 4/80. I have a hard time believing that offer even gets a return phone call from Freeman's agent, and I consider it insulting. I suspect any Freeman contract starts at Goldy's $26M per year, and the only point to negotiate is the number of years. I imagine 3/80 is the floor, and he has every right to ask for more than the $130M Goldy got. If AA gets Freeman for 3/80 plus a $25M-$30M option with a ~$5M buyout, I think he did very well.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 09-08-2021 at 10:26 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-08-2021), jpx7 (09-08-2021)

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I didn't realize the C market was so bad this offseason. That tidbit makes the TDA deal a no-brainer in my opinion.

They then go on to suggest Freeman could sign for 4/80. I have a hard time believing that offer even gets a return phone call from Freeman's agent, and I consider it insulting. I suspect any Freeman contract starts at Goldy's $26M per year, and the only point to negotiate is the number of years. I imagine 3/80 is the floor, and he has every right to ask for more than the $130M Goldy got. If AA gets Freeman for 3/80 plus a $30M option with a ~$5M buyout, I think he did very well.
    The 4/80 struck a wrong chord for me, too. If the Braves could get Freeman for that deal they would have signed it six months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    6/150 for Freeman does he say no?

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    6/150 for Freeman does he say no?
    Who can say. Food for thought tho, Miguel Cabrera and Pujols, both aged 1b with big contracts that helped cripple their teams and at minimum lead to long long rebuilds.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PawPawMaxwell For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Who can say. Food for thought tho, Miguel Cabrera and Pujols, both aged 1b with big contracts that helped cripple their teams and at minimum lead to long long rebuilds.
    He’s not gonna go for a 3 or 4 year deal unless the AAV is crazy. I think it’ll take 6 years to get him inked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    He’s not gonna go for a 3 or 4 year deal unless the AAV is crazy. I think it’ll take 6 years to get him inked.
    Here today I would guess you have as much insight as anyone on this forum. Or anyone else outside of the Braves front office.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Here today I would guess you have as much insight as anyone on this forum. Or anyone else outside of the Braves front office.
    There’s insight and there’s also common sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    There’s insight and there’s also common sense.
    What Im saying is that only AA knows what they are willing to do and only FF and his agent know what they will accept. Our insight and common sense are meaningless in this case.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

They then go on to suggest Freeman could sign for 4/80. I have a hard time believing that offer even gets a return phone call from Freeman's agent, and I consider it insulting. I suspect any Freeman contract starts at Goldy's $26M per year, and the only point to negotiate is the number of years. I imagine 3/80 is the floor, and he has every right to ask for more than the $130M Goldy got. If AA gets Freeman for 3/80 plus a $25M-$30M option with a ~$5M buyout, I think he did very well.
    I wonder if he could get Freddie to take the 3 years plus an option if he pushed that offer to 3/$90 million plus the $30 million/$5 million buyout.

If he's got a 4th year left in him - even if it's as a DH - that would push it close to that $130 million that Goldschmidt got.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Didn't they sign 10 year deals though? A 6 year deal seems reasonable for Freeman in todays market
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Didn't they sign 10 year deals though? A 6 year deal seems reasonable for Freeman in todays market
    Yes. Part 2: Three years, six years, 10 years and up to $500M. Who knows what is reasonable to Liberty Media/AA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    New thought on FF situation. Im sure someone here is knowledgeable enough since Im computer illiterate but how about setting up a Go Fund Me page for money to resign FF? There has to be at least 3M fans around that would kick in $10 each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    New thought on FF situation. Im sure someone here is knowledgeable enough since Im computer illiterate but how about setting up a Go Fund Me page for money to resign FF? There has to be at least 3M fans around that would kick in $10 each.
    Even better. There are already about 2 million fans who have each donated 70+ dollars to the cause.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-08-2021), jpx7 (09-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Even better. There are already about 2 million fans who have each donated 70+ dollars to the cause.
    I thought that money was already allocated to Ozuna's defense fund and Duvall's extension coming up.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I usually assume every ticket sold is "worth" $100 to the franchise when ballparking revenues for a particular game. Some are much more expensive, some less, but when you add $30 for parking, a hot dog, and a beer, it seems next to impossible to go to the park for much less than a C-Note. I figure the $250-$400 seats offset the few people who try to buy the budget seats in the nosebleed sections hoping to move down during the game.

If those numbers are even remotely close, the 20K and change that showed up last night covered most of what they paid Adrianza, Pache, and Contreras this year.