Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 4658

Thread: Official 2022 Offseason Moves Thread

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Duvall and canha basically have the same xwoba (your stat) and fWAR this past season. So, not sure anyone claim one is better than the other
    Canha gets on base more often.

Duvall has more power and is a better defender.

Like you said, not a slam dunk either way.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Oh look, another team desperate to make a splash, making a splash, for splash's sake. The Braves should have taught everyone that these sorts of offseasons are not necessary.

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkPiggler View Post
    Canha gets on base more often.

Duvall has more power and is a better defender.

Like you said, not a slam dunk either way.
    Duvall is 9.5 millions 1 year and Canha 26.5 for 2 years give me Duvall any day.

Anyway I think we should not tender Duvall and get Rosario or Pederson.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I like the Frazier deal for Seattle - fills their 2B hole nicely and still leaves them tons of money to spend chasing pitching, a 3B, or a DH.

Bryant would probably be a really good fit there.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Canha and Escobar are annoyingly decent signings. Marte's contract is probably going to look pretty rough by the end of it, but they'll probably get a couple solid years out of him first. But they were a 77-win team last year, both by pythag and in the real world, so they have some catching up to do.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    You guys are kidding yourself if you don’t think these are good signings, even for the dumbass Mets.
    Ah we're in off-season envy mode now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

Super (11-27-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    AA will be a chump in a few weeks haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I’m not envious, hell we just won a title, they’re just good moves for their team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Here's my thing with the moves the Mets are making. Do they really make them a better team next season compared to last? Instead of Conforto they will have Marte. Instead of Baez they will have Cano? Instead of JD Davis/McNeil they will have Escobar. Instead of Dom Smith they will have Canha. Honestly, they may have been better off just being patient and banking on bounce back seasons from Dom Smith, McNeil and keeping Conforto. Now they will have to essentially sell low on them.

The off season is still early, but their rotation still needs a ton of work. And maybe they will flip some of those other guys who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Phillies lose neris

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    OK, then let's try to identify that RH BP arm we want on a 1 year deal. Start here, and sort by projected WAR:

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...racker?&pos=rp

Plug all the RHP on that list through Melancon with a positive 2021 WAR (a pseudo-random stopping point), and check their xwOBA vs RHH the last 3 years.

Here's the best of the bunch:

Yates, Kirby .216
    Graveman, Kendall .249
    Neris, Héctor .249
    Iglesias, Raisel .251
    Knebel, Corey .261
    Jansen, Kenley .263
    Ottavino, Adam .266
    GTepera, Ryan .268

I don't want an $8M flier on Yates, or to spend $7M on Graveman, so give me Neris, Ottavino or Tepera for much less cash.
    Neris $8.5 millions per year that market is not cheap at all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ixiXSolidXixi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-28-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Neris $8.5 millions per year that market is not cheap at all.
    Teams know that having a loaded bullpen is essential in modern baseball. These guys are going to start getting more as less allocation goes to the overall starting pitching population.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    The Canha, Escobar, Marte certainly are solid moves but depending if they keep Baez or not, it's maybe a net wash at best. If they keep Baez, and can add one of Ray/Scherzer/Gausman plus a BP piece or two, that would be big. But as it stands now, not sure how much better they are from last year.

I wouldnt have gone 4 years for Marte though, maybe 3 with an option but probably had to go 4 to secure him. There's still some risk in signing three 33 year olds though.
    Last edited by Heyward; 11-27-2021 at 04:39 PM.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    The Canha, Escobar, Marte certainly are solid moves but depending if they keep Baez or not, it's maybe a net wash at best. If they keep Baez, and can add one of Ray/Scherzer/Gausman plus a BP piece or two, that would be big. But as it stands now, not sure how much better they are from last year.

I wouldnt have gone 4 years for Marte though, maybe 3 with an option but probably had to go 4 to secure him. There's still some risk in signing three 33 year olds though.
    Not taking a shot at you personally, but lots of people say that because it's the easy thing to say. There aren't many people who disagree with that stance, but the GMs who do are going to be spending the next 3 years watching Marte play CF in Queens.

Sometimes you have to do what it takes if you want the player - something AA and Company are finding out about Freeman. The longer that situation plays out, the more it looks like Freddie's drawn his line in the sand with the 6th year - at the end of the day, there will be a *elluva lot more fans seriously upset than those who aren't if Alex doesn't cave. There will be plenty of GMs who will applaud him if he doesn't - and the one that gives him that extra year will be the first one out of his seat trying to make that a standing ovation.

Out of Enscheff's earlier list of RHRPs to target, the only one someone can ACTUALLY hope to get on a 1 year deal is Kirby Yates and it might even take a second year to get him.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Not taking a shot at you personally, but lots of people say that because it's the easy thing to say. There aren't many people who disagree with that stance, but the GMs who do are going to be spending the next 3 years watching Marte play CF in Queens.

Sometimes you have to do what it takes if you want the player - something AA and Company are finding out about Freeman. The longer that situation plays out, the more it looks like Freddie's drawn his line in the sand with the 6th year - at the end of the day, there will be a *elluva lot more fans seriously upset than those who aren't if Alex doesn't cave. There will be plenty of GMs who will applaud him if he doesn't - and the one that gives him that extra year will be the first one out of his seat trying to make that a standing ovation.

Out of Enscheff's earlier list of RHRPs to target, the only one someone can ACTUALLY hope to get on a 1 year deal is Kirby Yates and it might even take a second year to get him.
    Yates will probably take 2 years b/c he's out for all/most of 2022. I agree the thing with Freddie is about a 6th year, we'll see which side caves first.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I like the Frazier deal for Seattle - fills their 2B hole nicely and still leaves them tons of money to spend chasing pitching, a 3B, or a DH.

Bryant would probably be a really good fit there.
    Frazier's not a bad player, but he was clearly a square peg in the scheme of things in San Diego. Preller didn't overpay for him, but I could never figure out what the thinking was when they obtained him.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-28-2021), jpx7 (11-28-2021)

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Frazier's not a bad player, but he was clearly a square peg in the scheme of things in San Diego. Preller didn't overpay for him, but I could never figure out what the thinking was when they obtained him.
    One of the players SD traded is 9th in the Pirates system. I agree it was a weird move by SD when it was made though.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mad Dog Murph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    Don’t we have this same conversation every year about the Mutts…and Phillies…. And every year they do Mutt and Philly things. Who cares

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Murph View Post
    Don’t we have this same conversation every year about the Mutts…and Phillies…. And every year they do Mutt and Philly things. Who cares
    I'll at least wait and see how AA finishes up this winter and what happens with Freeman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I'll at least wait and see how AA finishes up this winter and what happens with Freeman.
    I prefer to keep FF, but I also think AA could do great things with FF's money going to other pieces.