Page 32 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 Offseason Moves Thread

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    As look to be selling: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...tt-montas.html

Olson fits well as a replacement for Freeman, and I've always wanted to see what mediocre-MLB-ready assets AA could send to the As for a player like that.

A trade for a piece like Reynolds or Olson frees up a lot of cash to make additions elsewhere. I'd love to see something like that happen.
    I mean you’d think they’d have to be really excited by a Wright for Olson offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    They are gonna sell so hard it’s gonna be nasty
    Ivermectin Man

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    If we need to trade Pache and/or Drew Waters for a guy like Matt Olson that probably is not going to be cheap at all. We are in trouble because then we need to fill up the centerfield position. Acuña is coming from a injury and Duvall is not the perfect candidate. We can’t solve one problem making another. Rizzo maybe is cheaper that Freeman but he will get minimum 20+ millions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    If we need to trade Pache and/or Drew Waters for a guy like Matt Olson that probably is not going to be cheap at all. We are in trouble because then we need to fill up the centerfield position. Acuña is coming from a injury and Duvall is not the perfect candidate. We can’t solve one problem making another. Rizzo maybe is cheaper that Freeman but he will get minimum 20+ millions.
    If you are getting Olson you can spend on Marte.

Problem solved.
    Natural Immunity Croc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-09-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If you are getting Olson you can spend on Marte.

Problem solved.
    Starlin Marte 33 years old to play centerfield?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Starlin Marte 33 years old to play centerfield?
    Last year in ~1k innings he has a positive UZR/150.

Not the end all but I think we can salvage a year or two while we figure out the long term solution in CF. With Acuna in RF we can shade a bit more to help cover any range issues even though I doubt he has issues in that area.

Marte also ranked 33rd among qualified outfielders in baseball savants 'Outs Above Average'.

I think Marte would be a fine CF for us. Not Druw but workable.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Last year in ~1k innings he has a positive UZR/150.

Not the end all but I think we can salvage a year or two while we figure out the long term solution in CF. With Acuna in RF we can shade a bit more to help cover any range issues even though I doubt he has issues in that area.
    I think we need to let Swanson go next year and maybe move Albies back to shortstop. If we need to trade prospects to fix anything our window will close in no time. Matt Olson is not going to be cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think we need to let Swanson go next year and maybe move Albies back to shortstop. If we need to trade prospects to fix anything our window will close in no time. Matt Olson is not going to be cheap.
    Albies can't handle SS because of his arm.

He is a second basemen I think moving forward.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Ozzie at short would be a disaster. We would have to pay FF more just so he could save us from all the errors that would occur.
    Coppy

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    As look to be selling: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...tt-montas.html

Olson fits well as a replacement for Freeman, and I've always wanted to see what mediocre-MLB-ready assets AA could send to the As for a player like that.

A trade for a piece like Reynolds or Olson frees up a lot of cash to make additions elsewhere. I'd love to see something like that happen.
    It goes without saying that I'd rather see Freddie back in every scenario, but if Ozuna somehow disappeared, maybe you even try to extend a deal with them to include Manaea and take their two biggest salary concerns off their hands in one fell swoop.

Manaea gives you a lot better #4 than you'll find on the market on a Smyly-like deal. Then you could go get Marte to play CF like you want and still bring back Rosario and Soler and bring payroll in at less than $167 million. With that lineup, you could probably get by with using about anyone (including Waters or Lugbauer if they're not part of the deal) as a DH until Acuna's ready.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Yankees and As in discussions for trading Olson. Not familiar with NYY prospects but think all in all they have better chips than us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    What package we are giving for Olson and Manaea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Will be curious to see what happens to Swanson as he hits free agency next year. I don't think our budget would allow for us to offer him a QO and have him potentially accept (if he even is deserving on one based on next year, and if that even exists after updated bargaining agreement). Since he's constantly been professing his love for ATL, wonder how much it would take to keep him here longer term. Probably outside of our budget.

Looking back, it sucks that he was called up late during that lost 2016 season, instead of midway through 2017, to buy another year. But that was clearly done to sell tickets for the new stadium.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYCBrave For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-09-2021), jpx7 (11-09-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    I think Matt Olson will become Mark Teixeira 2.0!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    It goes without saying that I'd rather see Freddie back in every scenario, but if Ozuna somehow disappeared, maybe you even try to extend a deal with them to include Manaea and take their two biggest salary concerns off their hands in one fell swoop.

Manaea gives you a lot better #4 than you'll find on the market on a Smyly-like deal. Then you could go get Marte to play CF like you want and still bring back Rosario and Soler and bring payroll in at less than $167 million. With that lineup, you could probably get by with using about anyone (including Waters or Lugbauer if they're not part of the deal) as a DH until Acuna's ready.
    Not to sound snide, but "Ya think?"

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-09-2021), jpx7 (11-09-2021)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Yankees and As in discussions for trading Olson. Not familiar with NYY prospects but think all in all they have better chips than us.
    Anthopoulos' pattern in Toronto was lumping prospects together for major league players. We may be a year away from the minor league depth and top-tier prospects for him to use that strategy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-09-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Anthopoulos' pattern in Toronto was lumping prospects together for major league players. We may be a year away from the minor league depth and top-tier prospects for him to use that strategy.
    I think is better to re-sign Freeman and next year use any prospects to get a shortstop.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    I think is better to re-sign Freeman and next year use any prospects to get a shortstop.
    I don't think trading for a SS makes sense. Dansby could probably be re-signed relatively cheaply for his value, and there are a lot of tier shorstops that are available on the FA market so if you're going to spend a lot it would be the year to do it. I suppose theoretically we could trade Dansby, sign Seager, let Freddie walk, and trade for a 1B, but I don't really see us going that route.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    you sweet summer child. The farm isnt getting better than it is right now. Its in decline.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
    I don't think trading for a SS makes sense. Dansby could probably be re-signed relatively cheaply for his value, and there are a lot of tier shorstops that are available on the FA market so if you're going to spend a lot it would be the year to do it. I suppose theoretically we could trade Dansby, sign Seager, let Freddie walk, and trade for a 1B, but I don't really see us going that route.
    Fun conversations for message board fodder, but yeah, pretty close to impossible to imagine it ACTUALLY happening.

AA will have a bit of cover if someone else tosses an insane offer at Freddie since he's technically a free-agent, but if he happened to lose Freddie and all the postseason heroes he brought in at the deadline AND traded away the hometown Golden Child on top of that somebody would probably burn his house down and he'd be run out of town in a serious hurry.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?