Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 4658

Thread: Official 2022 Offseason Moves Thread

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I still think we could see a combo of Buxton and Bellinger. 2 players a year from FA who could catch fire and bring back a pick, that would not cost much to acquire in prospect capital.
    I really doubt Dodgers trade with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    The Pirates will

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    If it allowed them to resign some players I don’t think they would care.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    When was the last time the Dodgers, and their $275M payroll, traded away an MLB contributor? Matt Kemp?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-18-2021), JohnAdcox (11-18-2021), jpx7 (11-18-2021)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    When was the last time the Dodgers, and their $275M payroll, traded away an MLB contributor? Matt Kemp?
    Beyond that, when was the last time they shipped someone out without getting a haul back? I have little interest in trading with the Dodgers - like the Rays, they'll gut your system without you even realizing it's happening, They'll wind up taking guys you feel more than happy to part with and wind up turning them into stars.

Also have zero interest in Buxton (or Donaldson since someone mentioned him earlier), and find it rather strange that anyone else does. NEITHER one of those guys can stay on the field, and the Twins aren't taking Ozuna in some kind of bad contract swap. Money's tight already, and adding an expensive player who won't play in half the games isn't going to help you defend anything. They have Sano, Kepler, Kirilloff, Larnach, and Rooker already on the roster as potential DHs with Austin Martin knocking on the door. If they're interested in trading Kirilloff or Larnach for one of Langeliers or Contreras and a throw-in arm, that kind of deal would make a lot of sense - we'd get an inexpensive LH corner OF bat from their surplus and they'd get an inexpensive Catcher from ours.
    Last edited by clvclv; 11-18-2021 at 09:01 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-18-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    If the Dodgers are willing to ship out Bellinger, you can bet they know something that we don't.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-18-2021)

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    If the Dodgers are willing to ship out Bellinger, you can bet they know something that we don't.
    That he hit a buck-sixty? Common knowledge

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-18-2021)

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Some people just win the genetic lottery.

Thanks for cropping!
    Apparently she gets a lot of crap in her professional life for being too heavy.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that my requirements and theirs don't line up.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (11-18-2021), Garmel (11-18-2021), jpx7 (11-18-2021), thethe (11-18-2021), thewupk (11-18-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Exactly. Luckily AA learned under the smart people in the Dodgers organization and seems to understand this.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Beyond that, when was the last time they shipped someone out without getting a haul back? I have little interest in trading with the Dodgers - like the Rays, they'll gut your system without you even realizing it's happening, They'll wind up taking guys you feel more than happy to part with and wind up turning them into stars.

Also have zero interest in Buxton (or Donaldson since someone mentioned him earlier), and find it rather strange that anyone else does. NEITHER one of those guys can stay on the field, and the Twins aren't taking Ozuna in some kind of bad contract swap, Money's tight already, and adding an expensive player who won't play in half the games isn't going to help you defend anything. They have Sano, Kepler, Kirilloff, Larnach, and Rooker already on the roster as potential DHs with Austin Martin knocking on the door. If they're interested in trading Kirilloff or Larnach for one of Langeliers or Contreras and a throw-in arm, that kind of deal would make a lot of sense - we'd get an inexpensive LH corner OF bat from their surplus and they'd get an inexpensive Catcher from ours.

I only mentioned Buxton because I don't think we have anywhere near the prospect capital necessary to land Reynolds. Pirates are supposedly looking for two Top 50 prospects in any deal involving Reynolds and we just don't have that.

Agree that Buxton can't stay on the field, but I think he may come cheap from the Twins, who are in an odd kind of limbo. They waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay underperformed in 2021, mostly due to an abysmal pitching staff. You could probably get Buxton for Wright plus one. I'm not necessarily advocating that, but given Buxton's injury issues, he's obviously on a "prove it" situation. And the Twins may not want to move him during the off-season and instead wait for the 2022 deadline. Twins' core still has some promise and if (big IF) they get some pitching, they could bounce back and contend in that division,

Twins would let Donaldson go for a bag of balls as long as the other team picked up all his salary. He's also had problems staying on the field and if the front office has soured on him anywhere near as much as the fan base and the media, it won't be a surprise if he gets moved. But as is the case with Buxton, the Twins' front office says they aren't going to do a tear down and moving Donaldson for next-to-nothing would leave a whole omelet on their collective face given the deal they signed him to prior to 2020.

You're right that the Twins are filled to the brim with semi-plow horse OFs, which has always been their go-to profile over the years. Kepler was terrible in 2021 and Kiriloff (who also had some injury problems), Larnach, and Rooker didn't look ready. Kiriloff and Larnach still have decent ceilings, so I doubt they would move them. Sano isn't an OF, but he's probably not long for the squad. Dropping him would save the team a lot of money as the cost for the post-game food spread would be cut in half.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    [/B]

I only mentioned Buxton because I don't think we have anywhere near the prospect capital necessary to land Reynolds. Pirates are supposedly looking for two Top 50 prospects in any deal involving Reynolds and we just don't have that.

Agree that Buxton can't stay on the field, but I think he may come cheap from the Twins, who are in an odd kind of limbo. They waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay underperformed in 2021, mostly due to an abysmal pitching staff. You could probably get Buxton for Wright plus one. I'm not necessarily advocating that, but given Buxton's injury issues, he's obviously on a "prove it" situation. And the Twins may not want to move him during the off-season and instead wait for the 2022 deadline. Twins' core still has some promise and if (big IF) they get some pitching, they could bounce back and contend in that division,

Twins would let Donaldson go for a bag of balls as long as the other team picked up all his salary. He's also had problems staying on the field and if the front office has soured on him anywhere near as much as the fan base and the media, it won't be a surprise if he gets moved. But as is the case with Buxton, the Twins' front office says they aren't going to do a tear down and moving Donaldson for next-to-nothing would leave a whole omelet on their collective face given the deal they signed him to prior to 2020.

You're right that the Twins are filled to the brim with semi-plow horse OFs, which has always been their go-to profile over the years. Kepler was terrible in 2021 and Kiriloff (who also had some injury problems), Larnach, and Rooker didn't look ready. Kiriloff and Larnach still have decent ceilings, so I doubt they would move them. Sano isn't an OF, but he's probably not long for the squad. Dropping him would save the team a lot of money as the cost for the post-game food spread would be cut in half.
    The problem with Buxton - beyond the injury concerns - is that he's going to make $7 million plus this year. That's $3 million more than Reynolds and he's already been crazy enough to turn down an extension. If he's healthy at the deadline I could see Alex poking around on him, but definitely not before - if you give up an arm or two for him, you STILL may wind up with Duvall, Pache, Heredia, or Waters in CF come the middle of May. I love the talent, but personally wouldn't touch Buxton with a 10 foot pole other than as a pure rental down the stretch. I only mentioned Sano as part of their DH mix - I'd expect they plan to play Kirilloff exclusively at 1B now that Larnach has been promoted. With Sano and Rooker as a potential DH platoon, they're certainly not going to help Alex out by taking Ozuna back in any deal.

The same goes for Donaldson for me. Why give up talent - even if it isn't top flight talent - for a guy who will whine that you need to move Riley to 1B or LF so that he can play 3B 10 days a month? He's a significant step down from Freeman even when he's healthy, you'd have to move other parts of your core around to play him where he wants so you don't have to hear him spout off to the press, you'd have given something up to get him - AND you'd be stuck with his and Ozuna's *hitty contracts for the next three years. If you're going to wind up with 6 years worth of bad contracts on your roster I'd just as soon re-sign the face of the franchise, TYVM - there's a good chance you get close to as much production from Freeman through 2024 as what you're likely going to get from Ozuna and Donaldson combined.
    Last edited by clvclv; 11-18-2021 at 09:27 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-18-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    I still have PTSD from the Hector Olivera trade
    Get off my lawn!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-18-2021), jpx7 (11-18-2021), Tapate50 (11-18-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    Apparently she gets a lot of crap in her professional life for being too heavy.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that my requirements and theirs don't line up.
    Personally, I don’t see the appeal at all.

I’m sure she’s be crushed to learn that.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts

For a girl that used to ride equestrian she has no trunk or hips or thick thighs.

I’m a legs and glutes guy. Those melons she has will not age well. Once that goes she won’t have much to fall back on.
    Forever Fredi

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mad Dog Murph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    243 Posts

Now I have to take all your posts with a grain of salt because you are obviously insane. 🤣

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Kate Upton is a poor woman's Prime Katherine Heigl.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Kate Upton is a poor woman's Prime Katherine Heigl.
    I demand a thumbs down button
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-18-2021), Tapate50 (11-18-2021)

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    Heigel was the smoke back in the day - excellent taste. No complaints at all about Kate either - she’s girl next door hot

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    I wish something baseball related would happen.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

CJ9 (11-18-2021), Garmel (11-18-2021), jpx7 (11-18-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Those melons she has will not age well. Once that goes she won’t have much to fall back on.
    You can say that about any woman. After 30, it’s pretty much over, save for a select few.