Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 4658

Thread: Official 2022 Offseason Moves Thread

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Waters, Tarnok, Woods and Brooks Wilson added to the 40-man ahead of tomorrow’s deadline. 40-man is now full.
    Just looking over the 40-Man and making guesses...

1.) Camargo is dropped if/when Freeman or another 1B signs.
    2.) Tromp is dropped if/when another OF signs.
    3.) Arcia is dropped if they add another utility guy.
    4.) Rodriguez is dropped if/when Melancon or another back-end RHRP signs.
    5.) Yoan Lopez is dropped if another SP is signed.
    5.) Demeritte is dropped if/when they need another spot.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-19-2021), JohnAdcox (11-19-2021), NYCBrave (11-19-2021)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Not how bankruptcy works. They could restructure in which case the entity that emerged from bankruptcy would keep the contract. They could also liquidate in which case the contract would be sold to another broadcasting company.

That contract is a valuable asset and assets aren't just thrown away by a bankruptcy court.
    If that contract doesn't have a breach provision upon the network going into bankruptcy, thereby enabling the Braves to break the agreement and find a new way to broadcast their games, the attorney's representing the Braves were idiots. The prospect of not being on TV while the Bankruptcy is hashed out would be extremely damaging to the Braves brand. I can't imagine such a provision wouldn't be in there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OcalaBrave For This Useful Post:

thethe (11-19-2021)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OcalaBrave View Post
    If that contract doesn't have a breach provision upon the network going into bankruptcy, thereby enabling the Braves to break the agreement and find a new way to broadcast their games, the attorney's representing the Braves were idiots. The prospect of not being on TV while the Bankruptcy is hashed out would be extremely damaging to the Braves brand. I can't imagine such a provision wouldn't be in there.
    When the initial contract was signed the Braves and the RSNs were still owned by Time Warner. It was effectively a case of self-dealing...the Braves contract was signed at a below-market rate to make the regional network more profitable and potentially more attractive to prospective buyers. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if protection as you mention was left out for a similar reason, or just out of negligence.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirkPiggler For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-19-2021), jpx7 (11-19-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Sinclair did that **** to themselves. Bunch of greedy A holes. Especially in a WS year.... What a complete error in judgement.
    Ivermectin Man

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-19-2021)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I wouldn't want to be a media company these days. The pace of development is likely to outstrip the value of the investment. Anyone want my old VCR/DVD combo player?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I wouldn't want to be a media company these days. The pace of development is likely to outstrip the value of the investment. Anyone want my old VCR/DVD combo player?
    I wish I would have hung on to mine. They might go the way of 8-tracks and have some value eventually.
    Coppy

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Lugbauer hit his 6th bomb - a grand slam - yesterday. Average at .375 for the AFL season.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...m_medium=email
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-19-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Are you sure his name isn’t actually Slugbauer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    While they are at it. Someone take my Blue-Ray player that I spent way too much money on.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Lugbauer showing out in the AFL. Any chance of him helping the big club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,521 Posts
    He’s 25. Is he even a prospect?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Semantics.

He's a LH power bat that's controllable until he's on the back side of his prime who can probably help anyone if there's a DH in both leagues.

If you're going to play Duvall in LF and Pache in CF - and you'd prefer not to spend $8 million (or more) chasing someone like Rosario or Pederson - you could make the argument that he's a perfect fit as a LH DH/backup 1B/emergency Catcher. That $8 million would cover Ozuna's 2022 salary if he has to be added back during the second half.

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I'm pretty skeptical. Red hot performance in the AFL notwithstanding, the reality is Lugbauer hasn't been a particularly good minor league hitter since 2017. He hit .223/.331/.453 as a 24-year-old in AA last year. Even his college numbers weren't that impressive.

He's a guy who has to hit a ton to be valuable, considering his baserunning and defensive limitations (he only caught one game this past minor league season). Seems really unlikely that's going to happen.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-19-2021), jpx7 (11-19-2021)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Lugbauer hit his 6th bomb - a grand slam - yesterday. Average at .375 for the AFL season.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...m_medium=email
    Braves drafted him with the intention of giving him some time as a catcher (and 3B), but he hasn't logged much time behind the plate over the past few seasons. I think that hurts Lugbauer as a player, because he could have some value if he had more positional flexibility. As it is, he's a first baseman with some power but a lot of contact issues.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-19-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    He seems like a prototypical MiLB power goof to me. Every year someone has a good couple weeks in the AFL, and folks try to read too much into it.

I don't see how he's the answer to any roster spot in 2022. This is a championship club, not some basement dweller with a $50M payroll.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    I'm pretty skeptical. Red hot performance in the AFL notwithstanding, the reality is Lugbauer hasn't been a particularly good minor league hitter since 2017. He hit .223/.331/.453 as a 24-year-old in AA last year. Even his college numbers weren't that impressive.

He's a guy who has to hit a ton to be valuable, considering his baserunning and defensive limitations (he only caught one game this past minor league season). Seems really unlikely that's going to happen.
    Doesn't the fact that the Braves left him unprotected from the Rule 5 Draft speak volumes about how they feel about him?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Doesn't the fact that the Braves left him unprotected from the Rule 5 Draft speak volumes about how they feel about him?
    Yes. He struck out 37% of the time as a 24-year-old corner infielder in Double A. Despite clvclv insisting he was getting added to the 40-man, he's not much of a prospect.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-19-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OcalaBrave View Post
    Those ipso facto clauses don't matter. Section 365(e)(1) of the bankruptcy code makes them unenforceable in a situation like this.

One thing you learn when studying bankruptcy law is that it's not easy to keep an asset from being brought into the bankruptcy estate

27. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-19-2021)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Yes and no. I was a little surprised that Woods was included but then I remembered he really impressed during the 2020 instructional league. Lugbauer is probably #41 or $42 on the Braves' ranking sheet as it pertains to this year's Rule 5. I think there are two issues with him: (1) contact rate, and (2) no positional flexibility. If he could play catcher adequately, he'd have some interest, but as it is, he's a 1B-only guy with good power (but not great) power and contact issues. Those guys are if not dime-a-dozen, maybe dive-a-half dozen.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-19-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Yes and no. I was a little surprised that Woods was included but then I remembered he really impressed during the 2020 instructional league. Lugbauer is probably #41 or $42 on the Braves' ranking sheet as it pertains to this year's Rule 5. I think there are two issues with him: (1) contact rate, and (2) no positional flexibility. If he could play catcher adequately, he'd have some interest, but as it is, he's a 1B-only guy with good power (but not great) power and contact issues. Those guys are if not dime-a-dozen, maybe dive-a-half dozen.
    Will be interesting to see if he gets claimed by any team, especially one who is out of contention.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NYCBrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-19-2021)