Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4658

Thread: Official 2022 Offseason Moves Thread

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    The scariest thing about that is that he's got a blue check mark!!!

LOL
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-01-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Tanking is such a nebulous word. Boras said the Braves benefited from teams tanking as we traded for players from out of contention teams. That's just a silly statement. A team that's out of contention trading off its valuable pieces is hardly something the harms players. Those players are still getting their same pay regardless of the team they're with.

The issue with tanking is teams slashing their payroll to nothing for several years to get draft picks. This decreases the pool of available money for the players.

I agree that a hard salary cap and a hard salary floor should be instituted. No way the players allow a salary cap. They're gunning for the luxury tax as is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm just gonna take enscheff at his word on xwoba being the most important stat. When we acquired soler, I even said if the stat was good, soler would start getting better results soon, and he did. That and enscheff sold me on the stat.
    I was also very bullish on Soler when we traded for him. I was also beating the drum. But Ozuna's Statcast data took a dip in 2021... EV went down to 89.7 mph... barrel% down, hard hit% down... yes he had some bad luck... but those are not great trends for a guy that out of shape and aging.

Meanwhile, Soler's statcast data looked just as solid still even with his struggles early.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-01-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    I'm hoping that the Yankees stuff is just Freeman's agent trying to pressure the Braves into the 6th year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I was also very bullish on Soler when we traded for him. I was also beating the drum. But Ozuna's Statcast data took a dip in 2021... EV went down to 89.7 mph... barrel% down, hard hit% down... yes he had some bad luck... but those are not great trends for a guy that out of shape and aging.

Meanwhile, Soler's statcast data looked just as solid still even with his struggles early.
    Perhaps he is washed. I wanna see more than a video of him heavier though before I say it for sure though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Perhaps he is washed. I wanna see more than a video of him heavier though before I say it for sure though
    I mean he was heavier when he showed up last year than in 2020

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    If Freeman want 6 years why we don’t offer 7 for 200 millions last 2 years of the contract 25 each or around there.

Maybe 6 years and the first 3 years pay a little bit more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    I mean he was heavier when he showed up last year than in 2020
    Steamer has him at
    .263/.339/.467
    .345 wOBA
    113 wrc+
    2.1 fWAR (defense in this)

I think he performs at this level

Steamer has soler...
    .238/.332/.470
    .343 wOBA
    116 wrc+
    1.6 fWAR (defense in this)

Seem like the same player, but who knows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    TMZ released the Ozuna bodycam footage... I don't know what I think about it... doesn't look great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    TMZ released the Ozuna bodycam footage... I don't know what I think about it... doesn't look great
    Not what I envisioned for sure…my mindset was he had her pinned up against the wall choking the sh*t out of her. It could be spun as if he was just pushing her away…They are both crazy in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Not what I envisioned for sure…my mindset was he had her pinned up against the wall choking the sh*t out of her. It could be spun as if he was just pushing her away…They are both crazy in my opinion.
    I mean... he pretty obviously had his hands around her throat... that's not just pushing her away.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

Jaw (12-01-2021)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Really hard for me to really judge that video. He looks to be keeping her at arms length while she swings at him. But hand is up around neck area. I think I will just find him guilty based on those stupid pants and call it a day. I also watched the other guys reaction. He didn’t seem worried that ozuna was hurting his wife. I would think he would be somewhat trying to stop him from choking his wife.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Really hard for me to really judge that video. He looks to be keeping her at arms length while she swings at him. But hand is up around neck area. I think I will just find him guilty based on those stupid pants and call it a day. I also watched the other guys reaction. He didn’t seem worried that ozuna was hurting his wife. I would think he would be somewhat trying to stop him from choking his wife.
    Probably just glad ozuna wasn't choking him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Yea these are good points. Ultimately there isn't a lot we can judge from this short clip. But was it even made known that another person was there with them? The fact that he wasn't trying to break it up leads me to believe neither person was in imminent danger.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Yea these are good points. Ultimately there isn't a lot we can judge from this short clip. But was it even made known that another person was there with them? The fact that he wasn't trying to break it up leads me to believe neither person was in imminent danger.
    I had never seen a report of a 3rd person there. But the reports of screaming from the home and Ozuna slamming his wife into a wall are clearly not true. Ozuna's side of the story was that he was going through her phone because he suspected she was cheating on him. Clearly she was grabbing at him (had a hold of his pants at one point) while he was holding a phone and trying to keep her at arms length. He did look to have his hand around her throat though.

edit: on second look. doubt he had his hand around her throat as that was the hand that had the phone in it. looks more like pushing her away.
    Last edited by thewupk; 12-01-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,292 Posts
    Honestly thought the video was going to be worse, Not that it isnt bad.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I had never seen a report of a 3rd person there. But the reports of screaming from the home and Ozuna slamming his wife into a wall are clearly not true. Ozuna's side of the story was that he was going through her phone because he suspected she was cheating on him. Clearly she was grabbing at him (had a hold of his pants at one point) while he was holding a phone and trying to keep her at arms length. He did look to have his hand around her throat though.

edit: on second look. doubt he had his hand around her throat as that was the hand that had the phone in it. looks more like pushing her away.
    Pretty much exactly how I saw it.

I wish Franco had been there to interpret the wife's statement to the police. Given their previous incident, I doubt that she had a knife for self-defense as she claimed. If he was hitting the hand with the knife to get her to drop it, I see no issue.

Punishment probably fits the crime. I can see why he only got 20 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    The arresting officer is kind of a douche too…

“What happened to your hand?”

“I play baseball”

“Oh I know”.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    Honestly thought the video was going to be worse, Not that it isnt bad.
    Looks like he’s holding his phone in the hand he is shoving her away with.

I imagine whatever Bobby did in the 90’s would have been worse than what Ozuna did. I am definitely willing to give him a second chance.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Steamer has him at
    .263/.339/.467
    .345 wOBA
    113 wrc+
    2.1 fWAR (defense in this)

I think he performs at this level

Steamer has soler...
    .238/.332/.470
    .343 wOBA
    116 wrc+
    1.6 fWAR (defense in this)

Seem like the same player, but who knows
    I 100% agree that Ozuna was pretty unlucky in 2021, as shown by the massive gap between his wOBA and xwOBA (.345 vs .284). For some reason that seemed to be a common theme for literally all Braves hitters, and for the most part everyone regressed positively by the end of the year. Ozuna obviously never got the chance to regress.

The Soler/Ozuna debate isn’t an either/or question, at least it hasn’t even been to me. We know Ozuna should be DHing, and we know LF needs to be filled. Soler on a short deal is nothing more than a good option to fill LF. I also consider Soler the best player acquired at the deadline, which is why I prefer him over Duvall, Rosario and Joc…but those players also aren’t mutually exclusive.

My issue with Ozuna is he strikes me as a poor work ethic player. That opinion is mostly an ignorant one, and he could come into camp in as good of shape as he did for the 60 games in 2020. I doubt it, but he could certainly prove me wrong. He is also older, being paid more, and under contract longer than Soler likely will be.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 12-01-2021 at 03:33 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-01-2021)