Page 106 of 233 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4658

Thread: Official 2022 Offseason Moves Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Checking in on Correa isn’t just doing your due diligence. Everybody knows about what he’s gonna cost. After next year we’re gonna need a SS. Look at the Dodgers, they got Turner and let Seager walk. Not saying it’s the same thing but why go look at a Lamborghini if you know you can’t afford it? No sure what AA’s angle could be but it’s interesting.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Well, the guy suggested they must sign Freeman because Jenista is the only possible replacement for him. Pretty safe to assume he can be completely ignored.
    While you are here: What is your latest prediction regarding where Freddie winds up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Checking in on Correa isn’t just doing your due diligence. Everybody knows about what he’s gonna cost. After next year we’re gonna need a SS. Look at the Dodgers, they got Turner and let Seager walk. Not saying it’s the same thing but why go look at a Lamborghini if you know you can’t afford it? No sure what AA’s angle could be but it’s interesting.
    Jmo BUT Braves are in a long term window of contention. If you need to do any building/rebuilding it is wise to do that building up the middle.
    Last edited by PawPawMaxwell; 12-02-2021 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    Any word on the Japanese player we were linked to?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Suzuki? Not a word as far as I know.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I haven't seen anything on Seiya since he posted. His 30 day window is delayed until the lockout is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I think it's posturing for Freeman. It's so they can say "Well we could go sign Correa, put him at third, and move Riley to first to replace you."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I think it's posturing for Freeman. It's so they can say "Well we could go sign Correa, put him at third, and move Riley to first to replace you."
    We’d really need 2 LH bats in the outfield then. Or sign Rizzo and put Riley in LF

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Not what I envisioned for sure…my mindset was he had her pinned up against the wall choking the sh*t out of her. It could be spun as if he was just pushing her away…They are both crazy in my opinion.
    Right. I did a frame-by-frame of the first ten seconds of the video, and he's in a defensive posture actively pushing her away. Of course he's doing that at her neck so it looks bad, but she's also holding a knife. Jump ball.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I mean... he pretty obviously had his hands around her throat... that's not just pushing her away.
    Hand. Singular. The casted hand is at his side. He's not throttling her.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    I 100% agree that Ozuna was pretty unlucky in 2021, as shown by the massive gap between his wOBA and xwOBA (.345 vs .284). For some reason that seemed to be a common theme for literally all Braves hitters, and for the most part everyone regressed positively by the end of the year. Ozuna obviously never got the chance to regress.

The Soler/Ozuna debate isn’t an either/or question, at least it hasn’t even been to me. We know Ozuna should be DHing, and we know LF needs to be filled. Soler on a short deal is nothing more than a good option to fill LF. I also consider Soler the best player acquired at the deadline, which is why I prefer him over Duvall, Rosario and Joc…but those players also aren’t mutually exclusive.

My issue with Ozuna is he strikes me as a poor work ethic player. That opinion is mostly an ignorant one, and he could come into camp in as good of shape as he did for the 60 games in 2020. I doubt it, but he could certainly prove me wrong. He is also older, being paid more, and under contract longer than Soler likely will be.
    I agree on your assessment of Soler as the best of the four, but with the handedness? Maybe Rosario would be the better option for this ballclub?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    I agree on your assessment of Soler as the best of the four, but with the handedness? Maybe Rosario would be the better option for this ballclub?
    Maybe, but Soler doesn't have very pronounced platoon splits. I'd take him vs RHP over Rosario now that the gummy berry juice has likely worn off.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-03-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    While you are here: What is your latest prediction regarding where Freddie winds up?
    I have no idea, but I hope AA doesn't go near 6/180.

If a mad scramble happens in the time between a new CBA being finalized and ST, I suspect that will help the Braves sign him. The stress of a tight timeline usually favors the status quo rather than making big changes.

But Freeman is a prime example of a player who will benefit from the universal DH (teams could move existing 1B to DH to accommodate Freeman), so it was wise for him to wait on that rule decision. If I were his agent I would have suggested the exact same strategy, and if I'm AA I'm not paying the premium we saw with almost every FA to sign him early.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 12-02-2021 at 01:28 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-02-2021)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    I have no idea, but I hope AA doesn't go near 6/180.

If a mad scramble happens in the time between a new CBA being finalized and ST, I suspect that will help the Braves sign him. The stress of a tight timeline usually favors the status quo rather than making big changes.

But Freeman is a prime example of a player who will benefit from the universal DH (teams could move existing 1B to DH to accommodate Freeman), so it was wise for him to wait on that rule decision. If I were his agent I would have suggested the exact same strategy, and if I'm AA I'm not paying the premium we saw with almost every FA to sign him early.
    Same. For all we know AA and FF could have come to an agreement and the length depends on if the DH is implemented or not.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

buck75 (12-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    I can think of no reason except stubborn on someone's part to stop the universal DH. Agree it plays to FF's benefit but unfortunately we have this guy Ozuna. At age 32 I cant really blame Freddie for wanting the 6 years but IMO someone else will have to give it,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Does anything about Freddie’s swing give any benefit or cause for concern as he ages ?
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    I can think of no reason except stubborn on someone's part to stop the universal DH. Agree it plays to FF's benefit but unfortunately we have this guy Ozuna. At age 32 I cant really blame Freddie for wanting the 6 years but IMO someone else will have to give it,
    Freeman being a DH should have no bearing on the next 3 years though.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-02-2021)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Does anything about Freddie’s swing give any benefit or cause for concern as he ages ?
    I'd say his approach and body type might suggest a better than average aging curve. But that's me being a homer as I have no real idea. I just know some of the best hitters of my lifetime have played 1B and found it hard to be great/healthy once they got to their early to mid 30s.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I would say its less about his particular swing and more about Father Time being undefeated. No matter how much you love a swing/approach, I don't know that you ever want to bet on someone defying the aging curve.

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    I would say its less about his particular swing and more about Father Time being undefeated. No matter how much you love a swing/approach, I don't know that you ever want to bet on someone defying the aging curve.
    Yeah. Some players will age better than others, and sometimes there are traits you can pinpoint to make an educated guess on that front, but once you try to do some kind of micro-level analysis and speculate on how a given swing or approach will age, you're just engaged in unscientific wish-casting. Just assume the player in question is probably going to age like most players age.

Is Freeman going to be worth $30 million when he's 38? I can't imagine. Will he still be a particularly good player, if overpaid, when he's 38? Almost certainly not, though it's possible. If you go to six years (or, frankly, five years) for Freeman, the back end of the contract is going to hurt. It's just a matter of how much hurt you're willing to accept.