Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Washington

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Snitker getting fired isn't on the table. Be realistic folks.

He's been extremely successful and Braves haven't underachieved in any way.

I don't like things he does often either, but that's the way it is.

Retirement to front office theoretically possible but why would he at this point?
    I'd ask if maybe he had some old emails we could dig through. But let's be honest, Snit doesn't know how to use email.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Snitker getting fired isn't on the table. Be realistic folks.

He's been extremely successful and Braves haven't underachieved in any way.

I don't like things he does often either, but that's the way it is.

Retirement to front office theoretically possible but why would he at this point?
    This is extremely accurate. You could argue losing a series the team led 3-1 is underachieving but the Dodgers were always a much better team. He will be here until he either has two or three losing seasons in a row or decides to retire. That's it.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    This is extremely accurate. You could argue losing a series the team led 3-1 is underachieving but the Dodgers were always a much better team. He will be here until he either has two or three losing seasons in a row or decides to retire. That's it.
    I wouldn’t be so sure. The Braves have to take advantage of the Albies/Acuña window. At some point just making the playoffs won’t be enough.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    I wouldn’t be so sure. The Braves have to take advantage of the Albies/Acuña window. At some point just making the playoffs won’t be enough.
    I agree. but, that point wasn't last year. Not in 2020, in a shortened season. against the dodgers.

that point won't be this year either. Not after the players we lost to injury. this team rebounded in a big way and snitker is here to stay unless it's his decision.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I wish weiss would move on. Snitker with a young analytical bench coach to help with the in-game decisions would be perfect. Maybe losing Washington will be a blessing in disguise that allows AA to replace a dinosaur with someone who can help snitker.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    I agree. but, that point wasn't last year. Not in 2020, in a shortened season. against the dodgers.

that point won't be this year either. Not after the players we lost to injury. this team rebounded in a big way and snitker is here to stay unless it's his decision.
    Not so sure about that.

At the end of the day, it will be AA's call - and don't forget the fact that AA inherited Snitker rather than hiring him in the first place. I do think things will have to go incredibly wrong for Alex to come up with a legitimate excuse for firing him at this point, but HE'S responsible for opening the extended window with the Acuna/Albies extensions, not Snit. If Liberty steps up and makes the resources for a Freeman extension available as well as make sure the resources are available to remain competitive throughout Acuna's time here, it COULD come down to a kind of "Look Snit, I've given you every piece you could possibly ask for" if he continues to constantly make decisions that are indefensible on paper.

My personal expectation is that Alex will continue to try to put more people who can help influence Snit's in-game decisions around and close to him every time there's an opportunity as an attempt to avoid a showdown. That said, if Freeman, Acuna, Albies, and Riley continue their levels of production and the young pitching in the system doesn't suddenly dry up it's at least conceivable that there comes a point he has to replace Snit because his decisions become what's keeping the team from getting over the top.

The majority of old school fans wouldn't be happy about that, but some of us certainly understand it.
    Last edited by clvclv; 10-13-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune tweets. Acee also adds that San Diego isn’t planning to interview Braves third base coach Ron Washington, who was rumored to be on the Padres’ radar last week.
    Get off my lawn!

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Maybe because they interviewed him previously. Didnt he come in second place in prior interview? Just guessing since he is getting a lot of publicity this post season.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune tweets. Acee also adds that San Diego isn’t planning to interview Braves third base coach Ron Washington, who was rumored to be on the Padres’ radar last week.
    Because that would require Preller to defer gratification for a week or two and he needs to get busy winning the off season right now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

drewdat (10-18-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Maybe because they interviewed him previously. Didnt he come in second place in prior interview? Just guessing since he is getting a lot of publicity this post season.
    He has gotten a ton of love this postseason. Even though he came in second last time, doesn't mean they'd pass on talking to him this time around.

But hey, if no one hires him as manager, i'm comfortable with that. Love having Wash with us. Might even do a celebratory line tonight.
    Get off my lawn!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-18-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Also, he's old as hell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    1. Not as old as Dusty.
    2. Is there nothing to post up here regarding the AZL?
    3. Wonder if all of The Athletic writers are still betting on the LADs?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    1. Not as old as Dusty.
    were you here last year. We were up 2-0 as well.
    Coppy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-18-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    were you here last year. We were up 2-0 as well.
    Yep I was here last year and I well remember the nonexistent pitching rotation we had last year. Were you here and do you remember?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Speaking of pitching rotations, I really hadnt noticed the Dodgers rotation was as diminished as it appears to be. And the 3 mains have considerably more IPs than our Big 3.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Yep I was here last year and I well remember the nonexistent pitching rotation we had last year. Were you here and do you remember?

yes, and I already recognized that we have Morton going already being up 2-0.. but that still doesn't alter the fact that this team has a 150 million more in talent than the Braves. We don't need to serve any crow until the Braves have won 4 games.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    He has gotten a ton of love this postseason. Even though he came in second last time, doesn't mean they'd pass on talking to him this time around.

But hey, if no one hires him as manager, i'm comfortable with that. Love having Wash with us. Might even do a celebratory line tonight.
    Thats why I started the post with "Maybe"

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Speaking of pitching rotations, I really hadnt noticed the Dodgers rotation was as diminished as it appears to be. And the 3 mains have considerably more IPs than our Big 3.
    yes, they have struggled with pitching health all year. That is the one dent in their armor, IMO.. is Kershaw even on the playoff roster?
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    1. Not as old as Dusty.
    LINK

11 of 13 ESPN "analysts" picked the Dodgers to win this series over the Braves with most having it over in 5 games....found this particular one to be a gem.

Cockcroft: Dodgers in 4
    MVP: Mookie Betts
    The one thing we'll all be talking about during this series: Boy, that was quick and anticlimactic, wasn't it?
    Get off my lawn!

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    LINK

11 of 13 ESPN "analysts" picked the Dodgers to win this series over the Braves with most having it over in 5 games....found this particular one to be a gem.

Cockcroft: Dodgers in 4
    MVP: Mookie Betts
    The one thing we'll all be talking about during this series: Boy, that was quick and anticlimactic, wasn't it?
    his name is Cockcroft. He probably had a really hard childhood with that name and is now just a bitter, defeated man writing about the guys who used to give him swirllies.
    Coppy