Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I agree with a person on the other side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts

I agree with a person on the other side

Thanks to Twitter it has become too easy to find crazies on the other side of the political spectrum saying crazy things. I think it would be more entertaining to find things they say that we agree with.

I'll start with Elissa Slotkin, the reasonable Democrat congresswoman from Michigan.

Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Here is Slotkin again

Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Abigail Spanberger, Dem rep from VA

Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Jared Golden, Dem Rep from Maine

Go get him!

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I think you'll find plenty of people on both sides who say things you agree with and don't agree with.

I think when you see the rare honest politician it's even more of a draw. It's why people draw to Bernie or Amash. They don't tend to sway their opinions a whole lot even when they're unpopular. Look at the Iraq War, I give Lincoln Chafee all kinds of credit for standing up against the entirety of his party.

Unlike say someone like Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden who make any vote based on what keeps them in office.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I think you'll find plenty of people on both sides who say things you agree with and don't agree with.

I think when you see the rare honest politician it's even more of a draw. It's why people draw to Bernie or Amash. They don't tend to sway their opinions a whole lot even when they're unpopular. Look at the Iraq War, I give Lincoln Chafee all kinds of credit for standing up against the entirety of his party.

Unlike say someone like Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden who make any vote based on what keeps them in office.
    Agree totally. I agree with those here who want a legitimate 3rd party, one that truly has a chance to win elections. I would suggest we called it the Common Sense Party, so both some Repubs and some Dems could leave their cesspools and join it but to be honest I'm not sure we could fill up an entire party if the requirement was to prove they had common sense. lol

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Agree totally. I agree with those here who want a legitimate 3rd party, one that truly has a chance to win elections. I would suggest we called it the Common Sense Party, so both some Repubs and some Dems could leave their cesspools and join it but to be honest I'm not sure we could fill up an entire party if the requirement was to prove they had common sense. lol
    What most people forget is neither the democrats or republicans generally care about the people. They care about serving their wealthy benefactors. Traditionally for Dems it was Wall Street and now Silicon Valley. For Republicans is usually older money type of systems. Factory farms, Bankers, etc.

Both only care about the rich but go about it differently. Dems always say tax the rich, but they never say tax the stock market. And it's big money for them. THe top 5 donors in 2020 donated almost 500M dollars to various PACs and campaigns. Now what purpose would Sheldon Adelson, Michael Bloomberg, Tom Steyer, the Uihleins, and Kenneth Griffin have to do that? Because their interests protect them. As long as money is in politics, politicians won't care about you.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

striker42 (11-05-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Thanks to Twitter it has become too easy to find crazies on the other side of the political spectrum saying crazy things. I think it would be more entertaining to find things they say that we agree with.

I'll start with Elissa Slotkin, the reasonable Democrat congresswoman from Michigan.

I'd vote for a constitutional amendment that put restrictions on election finance. I think there's a good argument to be made that each candidate should get a set amount of public money for their campaign and that's all that's allowed to be spent on campaigns. Completely cut the strings big money has on federal officials.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What most people forget is neither the democrats or republicans generally care about the people. They care about serving their wealthy benefactors. Traditionally for Dems it was Wall Street and now Silicon Valley. For Republicans is usually older money type of systems. Factory farms, Bankers, etc.

Both only care about the rich but go about it differently. Dems always say tax the rich, but they never say tax the stock market. And it's big money for them. THe top 5 donors in 2020 donated almost 500M dollars to various PACs and campaigns. Now what purpose would Sheldon Adelson, Michael Bloomberg, Tom Steyer, the Uihleins, and Kenneth Griffin have to do that? Because their interests protect them. As long as money is in politics, politicians won't care about you.
    100% agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Here is Slotkin again

I like her. It's refreshing to see people make sense this day in age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And she didn’t yell racism one time.

Crazy huh.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The damn is breaking. The remaining moderate Democrats are speaking out against what we all know is insanity.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The damn is breaking. The remaining moderate Democrats are speaking out against what we all know is insanity.
    And Nancy looks to be retiring. I don't like her, but there's no denying that she's been good at cat herding the different interests on the D side of the House. The succession will be interesting. If someone from either the Progressive or Moderate wings takes her place, the other side is liable to revolt.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I've wished for a third party for a while, but I think going from 2 to 4 is more likely. Both parties are held hostage by the other now, which ever splits first is doomed. A drift to 4 works. Progressives-Liberals-Conservatives-Populists.

I think it's already happening. The split in the Democrats has been there for a while, and Trump has exposed the one in the Republicans. Nancy leaving now while there is so much dissent in her party could be the catalyst.
    Go get him!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (11-06-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Traditional republicans have no support.

So happy they are about to crash and burn.

All the anti populists are retiring.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I've wished for a third party for a while, but I think going from 2 to 4 is more likely. Both parties are held hostage by the other now, which ever splits first is doomed. A drift to 4 works. Progressives-Liberals-Conservatives-Populists.

I think it's already happening. The split in the Democrats has been there for a while, and Trump has exposed the one in the Republicans. Nancy leaving now while there is so much dissent in her party could be the catalyst.
    I think you're right about the Dems. Nancy, as unpopular as she is in many parts of the country is the main zip tie holding the Dems together. Once that falls apart the reasonable Dems will probably want a change without the "loony left". I think the same thing will happen to the Repubs once Trump is really finally out of the picture (though it'll probably take his death to make that happen). The Trumpian Repubs have sold out the rest of the conservatives and once their fuhrer is gone they'll be seen for what they are, ie the "loony right". I suppose it's possible that non crazy conservatives and non crazy Dems could possibly agree on enough issues to form some sort of party. Personally I think both the Dems and the Conservatives have some good ideas, it's just that neither side has the patent on good ideas. I think we've always been stronger when we have 2 healthy parties rather than the 2 quasi-cesspools we have today.

Also, when those on the religious right finally figure out that the Repub party overall doesn't give 2 ****s about abortion, except to use it as a tool to mobilize their base to vote and contribute the Repubs will probably shatter like a crystal wine goblet dropped from the top of the Empire State Building.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I think you're right about the Dems. Nancy, as unpopular as she is in many parts of the country is the main zip tie holding the Dems together. Once that falls apart the reasonable Dems will probably want a change without the "loony left". I think the same thing will happen to the Repubs once Trump is really finally out of the picture (though it'll probably take his death to make that happen). The Trumpian Repubs have sold out the rest of the conservatives and once their fuhrer is gone they'll be seen for what they are, ie the "loony right". I suppose it's possible that non crazy conservatives and non crazy Dems could possibly agree on enough issues to form some sort of party. Personally I think both the Dems and the Conservatives have some good ideas, it's just that neither side has the patent on good ideas. I think we've always been stronger when we have 2 healthy parties rather than the 2 quasi-cesspools we have today.

Also, when those on the religious right finally figure out that the Repub party overall doesn't give 2 ****s about abortion, except to use it as a tool to mobilize their base to vote and contribute the Repubs will probably shatter like a crystal wine goblet dropped from the top of the Empire State Building.
    HAHAHAHA - you think the 'Trumpian' republicans sold out the conservatives? What an awful take.

Traditional 'Con-Inc' has sold out their voters at every turn. They will be irrelevant moving forward.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I know a few in this forum who will not be posting on this thread just based on what their perceived principals are or the internet points it would cost them.
    Ivermectin Man

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (12-03-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,737 Posts
    I assume you arent including me in that. No one here is more bipartisan than me.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    She says in an earlier tweet that the Chinese embassy called her and told her to cancel her visit to Taiwan.

Go get him!