Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    If he wants to play on the West Coast, then Angels and Giants make most sense. Angels want to add two top notch SP's this winter, and Giants rotation other than Logan Webb is a question mark. I do agree it probably takes guaranteeing two full years.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I doubt Verlander even wants to go back to Houston
    I keep seeing this floating around. What’s the background here? Does he have a bad relationship with them?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I keep seeing this floating around. What’s the background here? Does he have a bad relationship with them?
    there are two big reason's he wants to stay in hollywood. He is still with the upton twins right?
    Coppy

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Probably not about Houston and more about wanting to stay on the West Coast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Seagar is probably going to end up at 3B or playing an increasingly average or below SS. Only drawback there.

That's fine. Best case scenario we trade him after getting the best 4 years of the deal to one of the retarded teams like the Mets or Yankees.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Everyone is talking about Greinke...I would much rather give that 1 year to Verlander.

I think we all would. If we could get Verlander I would still want Greinke. As I have said for 10 years now Greinke is the closest thing to Maddux we have seen in MLB. And that's about more than just a comparison of stat lines. It's about baseball IQ, gold glove fielding and the rubber arm that doesnt get hurt. Honestly I bet if he actually had TJ surgery he would have another few good years left at elite status. As is he is just a solid innings eater. He is also a huge Braves fan. Little known fact when he took his sabbatical from baseball he went watch Braves spring training. I wont be shocked if he retires a Brave.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think we all would. If we could get Verlander I would still want Greinke. As I have said for 10 years now Greinke is the closest thing to Maddux we have seen in MLB. And that's about more than just a comparison of stat lines. It's about baseball IQ, gold glove fielding and the rubber arm that doesnt get hurt. Honestly I bet if he actually had TJ surgery he would have another few good years left at elite status. As is he is just a solid innings eater. He is also a huge Braves fan. Little known fact when he took his sabbatical from baseball he went watch Braves spring training. I wont be shocked if he retires a Brave.
    Not so sure about "elite", but he is pretty close to a perfect fit here IF he can consistently give you the type of performance he put up against the Braves in the World Series. Having two veterans like he and Charlie around to help the young guns assimilate and learn from is about as perfect as it can get for a contending club. They've succeeded on the biggest stage at the biggest moments - and their recent success has come from evolving as a PITCHER rather than just blowing hitters away. Even if it didn't transform every one of the Braves' young arms, having the two of them to learn from could do wonders for Anderson (and possibly Ynoa).

If AA believes he could give them 20+ regular season starts and be healthy for a playoff run, he'd be high on my signing priority list.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Ideally I'd sign FF, upgrade SS, Sign Soler and Rosario or Joc (looking for a LH), Starting Pitcher and RH reliever. If that you are looking at someone faking it in CF or Pache.

Money probably tough on that.

He hasn't done it, but I keep thinking we look to the trade market. The As are likely to go into a fire sale, right? How much would Sean Manaea cost?

Starting pitching depth is key and these guys could also be solid returns for deadline deals. But we do have a lot of guys with lower value, but still have upside and a low cost. Davidson, Touki, Muller, Ynoa and Wright. Strider and Elder are coming.

Do they go for a ketel Marte plus or minus Peralta in a big trade? Arizona is horrible and going nowhere.

Really interested to see what AA does. We have some guys getting expensive. Guys like Acuna are making real money, still way less than market value, but real money. The payroll is going to have to go up as there are not a lot of places for rookies or minimum vets to go.

back up C, CF, pen and 4th and 5th starters seem to be the only places where we could consider getting in a minimum guy.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,858 Posts
    I don't think he's said anything but I can only imagine he hates his WS ring is tainted by the cheating. Also he never showed up at the team facility at any point this year which seems kind of odd even if he was out due to TJ.