"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

2022 BA Top 100 Prospect List

Is out...

https://www.baseballamerica.com/rank...100-prospects/

Harris at #46, Langeliers at #54, and Pache at #84.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-19-2022), jpx7 (01-19-2022)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    Interesting order to say the least

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippyjms For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-19-2022)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,369 Posts
    why isn't Barry Larkin 2.0 in the top 10?
    Coppy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

thethe (01-19-2022)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    The fall for Waters has been rough, but not unexpected as far as I've been concerned. I was always the low man around here on him, but some guys can be late bloomers. Perhaps he's one of them that figures it out later.

This odd notion that Pache was somehow "a floor of Kevin Pillar" always struck me as a silly thing to say, and I said as much at the time, but hopefully he still turns into a piece. I do still think he's a better prospect than Waters.

The "LH Acuna" hype for Harris was always moronic, but a .294/.362/.436 line at A+ as a 20 year old after who know what happened in 2020 is nothing to sneeze at. His BABIP was a very reasonable .349 BABIP, and his BB% and K% were pretty good, so he is definitely a potential impact guy. I suspect once he stops hitting 50%+ of his batted balls on the ground his power numbers will improve, and hopefully the Braves dev guys are working on that as we speak. Harris is untouchable as far as I'm concerned.

To me, Lango is the #1 guy in the system, and is untouchable. He got a taste of AAA at 23, is supposedly MLB ready defensively now, and his .498 SLG% in AA suggests he'd fit nicely in the 6/7 slot of a championship lineup. I'm a little surprised AA signed a backup C with Lango apparently ready, but I am guessing he sees time in 2022 at some point when TDA gets dinged up.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-20-2022), jpx7 (01-21-2022), Super (01-31-2022), UNCBlue012 (01-25-2022)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    The fall for Waters has been rough, but not unexpected as far as I've been concerned. I was always the low man around here on him, but some guys can be late bloomers. Perhaps he's one of them that figures it out later.

This odd notion that Pache was somehow "a floor of Kevin Pillar" always struck me as a silly thing to say, and I said as much at the time, but hopefully he still turns into a piece. I do still think he's a better prospect than Waters.

The "LH Acuna" hype for Harris was always moronic, but a .294/.362/.436 line at A+ as a 20 year old after who know what happened in 2020 is nothing to sneeze at. His BABIP was a very reasonable .349 BABIP, and his BB% and K% were pretty good, so he is definitely a potential impact guy. I suspect once he stops hitting 50%+ of his batted balls on the ground his power numbers will improve, and hopefully the Braves dev guys are working on that as we speak. Harris is untouchable as far as I'm concerned.

To me, Lango is the #1 guy in the system, and is untouchable. He got a taste of AAA at 23, is supposedly MLB ready defensively now, and his .498 SLG% in AA suggests he'd fit nicely in the 6/7 slot of a championship lineup. I'm a little surprised AA signed a backup C with Lango apparently ready, but I am guessing he sees time in 2022 at some point when TDA gets dinged up.
    Given their post-hype status, I could see Waters and Contreras packaged for a mid-rotation arm that's controllable for a couple more seasons while the Braves' peak window is open.

The values might not line up perfectly for you numbers guys, but if we assume the money's there to re-sign Freeman and a reasonably-priced OF or Rizzo and a better OF (Conforto perhaps?) and Alex wants to hold onto the "untouchable" pieces (Langeliers, Harris, and arguably Grissom if they think he'll stick at SS) and pitching depth to try to make a couple more deep runs RIGHT NOW, Mahle or Gray would be a really good fit IMO. You'd still have Pache and Harris as replacements for Duvall in 2023 and Langeliers to add to the C/1B/DH mix at that point as well. No idea whether that type of money is there, but it's probably at least fair to think a rotation consisting of Morton, Fried, one of Gray or Mahle, Anderson, and whomever combined with Rizzo and Conforto and the pen covered for the next 2 seasons ought to be one of the top contenders through 2023 if Acuna is mostly his old self (even if they didn't bring Freeman back).

I keep wondering if that's why AA didn't cave on Freeman before the lockout started. Rizzo would obviously be a substantial drop in production, but adding Conforto, a really good SP, and a returning Acuna would hopefully make up for that and he'd be able to hold onto the vast majority of the depth by not making a blockbuster deal - and while he's not necessarily Freeman, Rizzo is at least the same type of clubhouse presence/quiet leader.
    Last edited by clvclv; 01-20-2022 at 09:34 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-20-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think AA addressed this if I'm not mistaken. Wants to be 3 deep at catcher when the playoffs roll around so we don't get in a tight spot. Also- Pina can throw guys out which TDA can't really do anymore.
    Ivermectin Man

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-20-2022), jpx7 (01-21-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I agree that Lango, Harris, and Pache should be untouchable. Unless we could get Reynolds and Pache was the sticking point. I’d probably add Grissom to that list too. I trust AA to do whatever bc he’s proven himself time and time again. I don’t think Rizzo is the 2nd option for 1b I think it’s Olson but that’s gonna sting the farm big time. I’d just try to work something out with Freddie and trade for a legit CF. Future is bright in Atlanta for awhile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Grissom just had a monster season and only got better as he moved up (short samples and all).

Wonder what the reason was for his exclusion.
    Natural Immunity Croc

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Missed this story - not necessarily any "news" other than the fact that they re-signed De La Cruz, but always nice to read any info...

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-picture-soon/

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts

Agree. I was surprised that both TDA and pina got two year deals.

Out of the box thinking could be, what if AA is anticipating a DH and wants to carry 3 catchers. If you have 3 catchers then Snit would be willing to PH using one of those guys. I can certainly see a situation where TDA or SL would be your best bat available on the bench. Braves have also been a little snake bit lately with C, so maybe having 3 isn't so bad. 4 million is a lot for a third catcher, but I could see it.

When we had the DH with Snit we had guys that never played. If you think TDA and/or SL is a bat you always want access to and you don't think they are good enough to be a DH (yes and yes for me), then carrying three catchers gets you there. Plus you have another vet to help SL and pitching staff.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Anthopoulos tends to react strongly to deficits from the previous season. I don’t think he wants to rotate through catching castoffs again anytime soon.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    In that case I expect him to sign 4 OFs.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-25-2022), jpx7 (01-24-2022), UNCBlue012 (01-25-2022)

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    I was always there, too. He is Jordan Schafer IF that.

Still higher on Michael Harris than you are.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    I think Harris is a fine prospect. I only took issue with the "LHH Acuna" nonsense. I showed what guys like Acuna, Heyward and Andruw did in their first full pro season (storming from A+ to AAA in a single year), and Harris certainly didn't do that. I still consider him (reasonably) off limits though.

To me, he's just a run of the mill good prospect who hopefully turns into a 3+ win guy. The sooner he stops hitting so many GBs, the better off he'll be.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-25-2022 at 02:14 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-25-2022), JohnAdcox (01-25-2022)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    I was always there, too. He is Jordan Schafer IF that.

Still higher on Michael Harris than you are.
    Good lawd! I labeled him that as well. Eerily similar...