Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

Youtube Channels You Enjoy

What are some of yours?

Here's my biggest ones for now.

Cinema Therapy. Filmmaker and a therapist watch movies and break into the story telling moments as well as various mental health things. Really good channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/CinemaTherapySolutions

Corridor Crew. A bunch of movie nerds who do a ton of great things. Their reactions are great, but their original content is outstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/c/corridorcrew

Jomboy and Jake TV, watch many of Jomboy's channels. But J&JTV is what turned me from a casual watcher of the breakdowns into a fan of their content.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JomboyJakeTV

Charles Cornell is someone I fell in love with the memes but stuck with him for his musical analysis. He was an early pandemic find for me (because of him doing his meme work on the celebrity cringe Imagine song and the scary looking Megachurch Pastor)

https://www.youtube.com/c/CharlesCornellStudios

Adam Neely is another music person I adore. He's so freaking smart.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnk...qqJD7sSM3xdUiQ

Babish is one of my older youtube channels. I enjoy his silly bits. I like what he's doing now. I don't look at him for culinary takes. That's coming next.

https://www.youtube.com/c/bingingwithbabish

Kenji is a legend in the food nerd world. He is a legit star of coming up with fantastic ways to cook. He's the reason I own an Ooni pizza oven.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JKenjiLopezAlt

Channel 5 is amazing. He's such a quality gonzo journalist. He isn't a perfect interviewer, but the content he puts out is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Channel5YouTube

Lastly is the Mythical Channels. Good Mythical Morning, Good Mythical More, Mythical Kitchen. It's good dumb fun.

https://www.youtube.com/GoodMythicalMorning
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Too lazy to link but I'll name them:

Let's Game It Out. -. Basically a guy playing advanced copies of weird video games, and playing them the opposite of how they are intended to be played.

Unbox Therapy - one of the best channels for reviews of new and unique tech.

Good Good golf - best golf content on YT, imo Though geared towards people under 35.

Stacked Golf - good channel for showing you where and how to find cheap golf clubs. They also do a bit of reviews.

New Rockstars - Breakdowns of MCU, Star Wars, and other pop culture related content

Mark Rober - former NASA engineer posting fun and silly engineering/science experiments.

Sam the Cooking Guy -. Good food content.

Babish Culinary Universe - Food content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I forgot about Mark Rober because he doesn't do videos all the time like the other people I listed.

Sam the Cooking Guy is a really interesting chanel. I don't watch all his stuff but he and Sous Vide Everything are great silly channels to watch dumb cooking content.

Unlike Kenji or Joshua Weissman, I don't really watch Sam to make what he makes, it's more to just watch him make silly things on stupid expensive pieces of equipment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I seem to spend about 90% of my time online on youtube. Still haven't gotten sick of it.

Music theory/comment Rick Beato, Adam Neely

guitar: Greg Koch, Joe Robinson, Corey Congilio, Tomo Fujita, Naudords, Tim Pierce, TrueFire, Josh Smith, Carson McKee and Josh Turner, Billy Strings, Jack Ruch

jazz: Jens Larsen, Sandra Sherman, gypsy jazz secrets, Tim Lerch, Reg523, backing tracks

fiddle: Christian Howes, Master fiddle, Christiaan van Hemert, Gary Sizemore, Micheal Cleveland, Jason Carter and Bronwyn Keith-Hines, Lincoln Hensley and Aynsley Porchak, anything with John Hartford, etc

Golf: Eric Cogorno, TopSpeed Golf, Mr.ShortGame, Alex Elliot, Russel Heritage, Marc Crossfield, Chris Ryan, GG Swing Tips, Danny Maude, Jonathan Taylor, Rob Cheney, Michele Low, Rick Shiels

Health: Bob and Brad, Dr. Erik Berg, Dr. Jason Fung, motivationaldoc, Dr. Sten Ekberg, Thomas DeLauer

Others: OldAlabamaGardener, Wheezy Waiter, Whiskey Tribe, Toyah, Salvatore "Sammy the Bull" Gravano, Lex Fridman, Bob Ross

I watch the same ones again and again.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-31-2022 at 10:02 PM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Rick Beato is one I have a love/hate relationship with. I love when he is positive talking about things he loves. I love his insight. But he can go negative and stay in that realm and sound like a bitter Gen Xer. Which is fine to a point. i understand his gripes but I get tired of hearing them over and over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Rick Beato is one I have a love/hate relationship with. I love when he is positive talking about things he loves. I love his insight. But he can go negative and stay in that realm and sound like a bitter Gen Xer. Which is fine to a point. i understand his gripes but I get tired of hearing them over and over again.
    A friend of mine, actually an ex-teacher, is a touring and studio musician in Tokyo. He told me that he was playing guitar on a young female pop singer's recording and asked for the chord chart. The girl answered, "What's a chord?" And she really didn't know. Of course, she was auto-tuning as well. He complains about the regression of pop music too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    A friend of mine, actually an ex-teacher, is a touring and studio musician in Tokyo. He told me that he was playing guitar on a young female pop singer's recording and asked for the chord chart. The girl answered, "What's a chord?" And she really didn't know. Of course, she was auto-tuning as well. He complains about the regression of pop music too.
    I mean I'm shocked he got to talk to the talent. I assumed if you were doing studio work you would pretty much only deal with the studio producers

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I seem to spend about 90% of my time online on youtube. Still haven't gotten sick of it.

Music theory/comment Rick Beato, Adam Neely

guitar: Greg Koch, Joe Robinson, Corey Congilio, Tomo Fujita, Naudords, Tim Pierce, TrueFire, Josh Smith, Carson McKee and Josh Turner, Billy Strings, Jack Ruch

jazz: Jens Larsen, Sandra Sherman, gypsy jazz secrets, Tim Lerch, Reg523, backing tracks

fiddle: Christian Howes, Master fiddle, Christiaan van Hemert, Gary Sizemore, Micheal Cleveland, Jason Carter and Bronwyn Keith-Hines, Lincoln Hensley and Aynsley Porchak, anything with John Hartford, etc

Golf: Eric Cogorno, TopSpeed Golf, Mr.ShortGame, Alex Elliot, Russel Heritage, Marc Crossfield, Chris Ryan, GG Swing Tips, Danny Maude, Jonathan Taylor, Rob Cheney, Michele Low, Rick Shiels

Health: Bob and Brad, Dr. Erik Berg, Dr. Jason Fung, motivationaldoc, Dr. Sten Ekberg, Thomas DeLauer

Others: OldAlabamaGardener, Wheezy Waiter, Whiskey Tribe, Toyah, Salvatore "Sammy the Bull" Gravano, Lex Fridman, Bob Ross

I watch the same ones again and again.

Sammy the Bull has some stories. Netflix or HBo should had picked him up years ago. All those characters would be an amazing tv show

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Runnin (04-09-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I mean I'm shocked he got to talk to the talent. I assumed if you were doing studio work you would pretty much only deal with the studio producers
    He actually ended up doing most of the arrangements. He's (Yoshihiro Arita) a pretty seasoned guy and been around for a long time, produced a few cds here and there, Lisa Ono's "Jambalaya - Bossa Americana", I think.

His cd he made at the end of his Berkeley days is absolutely one of my favorites. It's a perfect mix of bluegrass and gypsy jazz.

guitar on this one

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (04-10-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Missed a huge one. Early pandemic I went so hard on Taskmaster. most of their Seasons are up in the US. I'm tempted to buy some of the "newer" seasons just to keep it up.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT5...RVuOgwP8JVAujQ

My favorite series personally are probably 4, 5, and 7. All of them are worth the watch for sure.