Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Majors - 2022 Version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    I don't care what any of you say, Freddie is not a man that is happy to be out of Atlanta.
    You really are the dullest poster on this board

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    You really are the dullest poster on this board
    Doesn't change the fact I am right.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Hope I live long enough to get a chance to read the book There is a story to be told.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Give Doubles a ticket on the Dodgers charter right now. FF is in the wrong dugout.
    Let’s be clear…

You are referring to Olson as Doubles in a derogatory sense? Because he hits a lot of doubles? Are doubles bad? Or are you upset he hasn’t hit as many HRs as expected?

Well, Olson has got more doubles than Freeman AND more HRs than Freeman. Are you going to refer to Freeman as Singles? Or as Walks?

You are so stupid you can’t even formulate a logical insult, and you’re letting your crush on Freeman completely cloud your thinking. Here’s the thing, he will never let you suck him off, so maybe get over it. Being toothless doesn’t make you his type.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 06-25-2022 at 09:21 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jgriff3029 (06-25-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Doesn't change the fact I am right.
    Dull as in stupid… not boring. Lol you are not right at all and rarely are.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,808 Posts
    Three Astros pitchers combine to pitch a no-hitter against the Yankees
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,808 Posts
    Wait. Hitting doubles is a bad thing? Who knew?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    FF has been considerably better in fWAR, wOBA, xwoba, wrc+, and ops. Olson having advantage in HRs and doubles seems hollow in light of previous statement. I do think the gap will close though.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I had feared that he was intentionally orchestrating his exit from the Braves to get to the Dodgers without saying it publically, but why act as he has if that were the case? Glavine didn't choke up, Murphy didn't choke up in 1991 every time he was asked a question.
    He still wants his number up there on the facade down the road. This is how he thinks he can make that happen AFTER leaving for more money from someone else like Glavine did. He thinks that people will look back and say "at least he wasn't openly greedy like Glavine was - see how much he cried and said he wishes he was still here".

I mentioned during the lockout that he was in a tough spot (and I even felt for him), but only he and he alone could decide if he wanted to be on the Braves' Mount Rushmore. Professional sports franchises aren't necessarily limited to JUST four faces, but probably don't get more than six. Cox is up there, and JS may well be simply because they were the orchestrators of "the run". Hank and Chipper are up there as hitters, and Spahn and Niekro are likely the Pitchers. The Big Three may get a collective spot, but none were career-long Braves and each would likely have their detractors for various reasons. Druw would be another candidate, but would also have to deal with those who say "he didn't make it to the HOF" (unless something changes) or "he left chasing more money at the end like Smoltz and Maddux did".

Freeman is staring that last statement dead in the face because he did the same, and he belongs in the elitest of the elite Braves less than any of The Big Three or Andruw do. He's hoping that all the tears and excess drama somehow changes that for people.

It won't.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    FF has been considerably better in fWAR, wOBA, xwoba, wrc+, and ops. Olson having advantage in HRs and doubles seems hollow in light of previous statement. I do think the gap will close though.
    What you state is 100% accurate.

That’s not what the moron said, or implied. And that’s not what we called him out on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    What you state is 100% accurate.

That’s not what the moron said, or implied. And that’s not what we called him out on.
    Gotcha. I'll get back to my breathing exercises in case the braves lose tonight

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    DMGM reported to be openly entertaining offers for Benintendi and Merrifield.

Can't imagine Alex feels a pressing need to make a move for either, but adding both would make this roster INCREDIBLY deep. Merrifield could fill in for Ozzie until he returns, allowing Arcia to go back to being a utility guy in the event his approach is a mirage and about to be exposed. Benintendi would make sure we don't see Ozuna on defense again.

Just can't picture the Braves adding either - assuming the main guys live up to the backs of their baseball cards they should be able to fake it at 2B with Arcia and Gosselin until Ozzie comes back, and Rosario's close enough that spending much capital to add a LH bat in the OF seems like a waste of resources.

If they're going to move anything other than pieces with minimal value it's probably going to be for an arm.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    DMGM reported to be openly entertaining offers for Benintendi and Merrifield.
    Pretty sad for KC fans that this guy has basically a lifetime contract. It shouldn’t need to be reported that your team is entertaining offers when you are in last place for a mile and both of these guys are long past their expiration date

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Let’s be clear…

You are referring to Olson as Doubles in a derogatory sense? Because he hits a lot of doubles? Are doubles bad? Or are you upset he hasn’t hit as many HRs as expected?

Well, Olson has got more doubles than Freeman AND more HRs than Freeman. Are you going to refer to Freeman as Singles? Or as Walks?

You are so stupid you can’t even formulate a logical insult, and you’re letting your crush on Freeman completely cloud your thinking. Here’s the thing, he will never let you suck him off, so maybe get over it. Being toothless doesn’t make you his type.

LET ME BE CLEAR. I don't give a flip what any of you think of me. I don't care. I come here to get Braves news a little closer to the source. Because of the loss of TBS and the Nats we don't get the Braves focus we used to. I have talked Braves baseball with some of you going all the way back to Fanhome, to BravesBeat, to Scout, to here. I have seen more Braves action than any of you over the last four decades because my life has allowed me the chance to make it my sole focus. I choose to still look at the game with an 80's/90s tint, and that will not change. No matter how much or who it ticks off. To the board police, and I have had this conversation with Cy before, put your badges back in your pockets, boys. I'm not going anywhere. I will say whatever I want about the Braves at any time. Again, what any of you think of me doesn't really matter as I have never met any of you and never will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,519 Posts
    LET ME BE CLEAR. I don't give a flip what any of you think of me. I don't care. I come here to get Braves news a little closer to the source. Because of the loss of TBS and the Nats we don't get the Braves focus we used to. I have talked Braves baseball with some of you going all the way back to Fanhome, to BravesBeat, to Scout, to here. I have seen more Braves action than any of you over the last four decades because my life has allowed me the chance to make it my sole focus. I choose to still look at the game with an 80's/90s tint, and that will not change. No matter how much or who it ticks off. To the board police, and I have had this conversation with Cy before, put your badges back in your pockets, boys. I'm not going anywhere. I will say whatever I want about the Braves at any time. Again, what any of you think of me doesn't really matter as I have never met any of you and never will.
    Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mad Dog Murph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    If you come here for Braves news you need to broaden your horizons. This place is good fun with some occasional non-moronic opinions. But news? You’ve definitely clicked on the wrong portion of the world wide interwebs.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Bryce Harper just left the game after being hit on the thumb. He looked badly in pain. He, uncharacteristically, yelled at Blake Snell on the way back to the dugout.

Maybe he'll miss the Braves series this week. One can hope.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    Bryce Harper just left the game after being hit on the thumb. He looked badly in pain. He, uncharacteristically, yelled at Blake Snell on the way back to the dugout.

Maybe he'll miss the Braves series this week. One can hope.
    He looks like he’s going to the 60 day IL. Even if it’s not broken, I don’t see how it’s possible he plays next week.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Hmmm…. I get what you are saying, and at first I am like “no Harper, that’s good” but then, I think “I should want to beat them at full strength”
    But then I think about Ozzie and Soroka being out …

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,808 Posts
    Figures. I just voted for the All Star team for the first time this year literally minutes ago and Harper was on my ballot.