Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GDT 6/11/22: Braves vs Pirates - Backup DH is in

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I think you can see it from both sides. But just as easily an arguement could be made that the Braves needed to leave the area to allow it to be developed. So much parking area was sold to developers who are helping revitalize the area around the stadium. Some might argue it was a win/win for the Braves and Fulton county to divorce and move away from each other.
    No, I really don’t “see it from both sides” if you’ve been down near the stadium recently.

But the rest yeah, I think you could argue this build up doesn’t happen unless the braves leave that area though and maybe be right

I also think some of these things could have been done when they were there

But so be it

We have our fake dubai city aka the battery and it’s good and works. The area around old turner has become a good spot too. Glad to see it

Will say the places down near old turner feel less corporate than the stuff in the battery and I enjoy that more but it’s all good
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-16-2022)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    No, I really don’t “see it from both sides” if you’ve been down near the stadium recently.

But the rest yeah, I think you could argue this build up doesn’t happen unless the braves leave that area though and maybe be right

I also think some of these things could have been done when they were there

But so be it

We have our fake dubai city aka the battery and it’s good and works. The area around old turner has become a good spot too. Glad to see it

Will say the places down near old turner feel less corporate than the stuff in the battery and I enjoy that more but it’s all good
    As an outsider looking in, it seems like the city of Atlanta bears a good share of the blame for the Braves' migration north.

Most economic analysis will tell you that public funding of sports venues for private businesses is a terrible idea, so the city not kicking in on a similar complex is certainly defensible. But when they just got through devoting a ton of resources to the new football stadium that argument rings hollow, especially when the Braves have been consistently good over the last thirty or so years and the Falcons have been trash for the overwhelming majority of their existence. I'm sure Braves management took that as a slap in the face, having carried the mantle for Atlanta sports for so long only to be treated as the lesser entity.

Being someone who comes to the city a couple of times a year specifically to watch Braves games, I would've loved to have seen a complex similar to the Battery built somewhere in the area of the new stadium and old Georgia Dome. But ultimately it comes down to what makes the team most competitive. If they could make the most money (and devote a proportional amount to payroll) playing games in Dahlonega then that's where I want to see them located.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DirkPiggler For This Useful Post:

zedsdead (06-16-2022)