Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2640

Thread: 2022 Elections

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    They got to find votes to try and oust the democrats.
    I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

People from every side of the aisle need to be calling out AZ, NV, and any other state that takes more than day to tally at least 95% of the votes. The incompetence is staggering.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You actually disagree with that?

Look - I get you're in Desantis camp right now and thats great. He's awesome. But if you actually think the problem is more Trump than GOP leadership well then the people who got us into wars and bankrupted the nation are going to be very happy.
    Dude trump is sitting on a $150m fortune... He gave none of it to help the candidates he pushed.

He also dried up the small donors that would otherwise give to Masters.

You can complain about cocaine Mitch and that's fine... But if trump wants to be this disruptive force to the party then he should have put his money where his mouth is. Masters got outspent BIGLY (as did all GOP bc the Dem party is the party of the rich now)... A few bucks would have gone a long way between a win and a loss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

People from every side of the aisle need to be calling out AZ, NV, and any other state that takes more than day to tally at least 95% of the votes. The incompetence is staggering.
    It's really weird that only people on the right are bothered by it

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    And while they wait for Trump they hear Kari Lake. They hear Blake Masters. And so on...

There is tremndous coverage for the rally's which benefit all the interested parties.

Its very easy to not watch a commercial or ignore a billboard. The people at those rallys are listening and becoming force multipliers.
    I don’t think the people actually attending the rallies are ever in much danger of voting for other candidates, though.

There’s a reason why people use actual advertising in these races. They’re not trying to convince their base to vote for Masters over Kelly. They’re trying to convince the people disinterested in following politics or on the fence by bringing up policies that might resonate with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Dude trump is sitting on a $150m fortune... He gave none of it to help the candidates he pushed.

He also dried up the small donors that would otherwise give to Masters.

You can complain about cocaine Mitch and that's fine... But if trump wants to be this disruptive force to the party then he should have put his money where his mouth is. Masters got outspent BIGLY (as did all GOP bc the Dem party is the party of the rich now)... A few bucks would have gone a long way between a win and a loss
    Trumps money is to self-fund his presidential run. The RNC gets more more in donations and they are to be used for each election cycle.

Of course Trump could do more but the man is flying around the country energizing the base and holding massive rallys to prop up the candidates. Mitch is burning money funding one R candidate in Alaska over the MAGA one.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I don’t think the people actually attending the rallies are ever in much danger of voting for other candidates, though.
    But they are becoming force multipliers and getting the message out. Its very easy to ignore commercials and billboards.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    But they are becoming force multipliers and getting the message out. Its very easy to ignore commercials and billboards.
    I stealth edited already, but I think you’re missing the target audience of political advertising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Trumps money is to self-fund his presidential run. The RNC gets more more in donations and they are to be used for each election cycle.

Of course Trump could do more but the man is flying around the country energizing the base and holding massive rallys to prop up the candidates. Mitch is burning money funding one R candidate in Alaska over the MAGA one.
    I dunno what to tell you. His candidates keep losing making trump less and less impactful on the party. I think he's officially lost the GOP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    I definitely agree when it comes to our military budget. There’s no question the military is stretching well beyond the definition of a public good. One of the many reasons I’m (L), not (R).

I think the other distinction between true national defense and anti poverty measures is there’s really no private substitute for the former, but there is for the latter.
    War lordism suggests otherwise. And even in recants years some people with an entrepreneurial bent have engaged in activities normally reserved to the national security apparatus of a country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    There’s a reason why people use actual advertising in these races. They’re not trying to convince their base to vote for Masters over Kelly. They’re trying to convince the people disinterested in following politics or on the fence by bringing up policies that might resonate with them.
    Majority of Trumps positive is that he is drawing out the disinterested voter.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I dunno what to tell you. His candidates keep losing making trump less and less impactful on the party. I think he's officially lost the GOP
    Well they aren't all losing - Lots of winners that are going to push an America First agenda for years to come.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    thethe slobbering on Trump's knob harder than Melania looking for a green card.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    The blessed day cant come too soon. Would be good for the country and GOP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Desantis endorsed O'Dea and Zeldin. Should that make him less important? Of course not.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The blessed day cant come too soon. Would be good for the country and GOP.
    And bad for the American people.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Desantis endorsed O'Dea and Zeldin. Should that make him less important? Of course not.
    To be fair, DeSantis took care of his own business electorally, which is something Trump hasn’t had been able to do since ‘16.

It’s crazy to me as an outsider that people on the Right are distinguishing between Trump and DeSantis to such an extreme. They seem remarkably similar to me except that DeSantis is more careful about the words that come out of his own mouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    To be fair, DeSantis took care of his own business electorally, which is something Trump hasn’t had been able to do since ‘16.

It’s crazy to me as an outsider that people on the Right are distinguishing between Trump and DeSantis to such an extreme. They seem remarkably similar to me except that DeSantis is more careful about the words that come out of his own mouth.
    They have similar policies but DeSantis is 100x more effective at winning and implementing them

What he did in FL was legit impressive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    They have similar policies but DeSantis is 100x more effective at winning and implementing them

I agree that he’s been far more effective. I question whether or not his message resonates nationally much better than Trump in a general election.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Trump got Desantis the win and Desantis models himself after Trump. Of course Desantis has been a rockstar since he won.

The people pushing this narrative (not people on the forum) are all never Trumpers that want a fracture and want control again of the party.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

He cleaned up the election process which is arguably the best thing he has done outside of pushing freedom during COVID.
    Natural Immunity Croc