Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Trade Deadline

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Good list of potential targets: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...andidates.html

The names Benintendi, Merrifield, Drury, Happ, Peralta and Pham have been thoroughly discussed here as Duvall/Rosario replacements, but this list also has all the RHP BP arms that may be available.

Here are all the listed BP arms and their 2021/2022 xwOBA overall (vs RHH in parentheses). I left out Cishek since he is very similar to ODay.

Fulmer .289 (.278)
    Jimenez .290 (.300)
    Bard .293 (.267)
    Robertson .300 (.334)
    Bass .308 (.261)
    Givens .314 (.311)
    Trivino .321 (.280)
    Lopez .339 (.322)
    Colome .343 (.334)

Looks to me the target for another RH setup guy should be Fulmer, Bard, or Bass...possibly Jimenez or Trivino or Givens.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

bravesfanMatt (07-13-2022), jpx7 (07-13-2022)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Good list of potential targets: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...andidates.html

The names Benintendi, Merrifield, Drury, Happ, Peralta and Pham have been thoroughly discussed here as Duvall/Rosario replacements, but this list also has all the RHP BP arms that may be available.

Here are all the listed BP arms and their 2021/2022 xwOBA overall (vs RHH in parentheses). I left out Cishek since he is very similar to ODay.

Fulmer .289 (.278)
    Jimenez .290 (.300)
    Bard .293 (.267)
    Robertson .300 (.334)
    Bass .308 (.261)
    Givens .314 (.311)
    Trivino .321 (.280)
    Lopez .339 (.322)
    Colome .343 (.334)

Looks to me the target for another RH setup guy should be Fulmer, Bard, or Bass...possibly Jimenez or Trivino or Givens.
    Mentioned the two of them earlier, but if Alex is looking to fill BOTH those roles in the same deal that Happ/Givens would probably be the best target for that type of trade - particularly if he's looking to make something happen early. Those two aren't being widely talked about yet, and are both controllable next season which ought to make you feel a little better in the event you have to overpay a bit to get them (especially if you can make it happen before the market really heats up).
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Would like to see Givens' walks be a little lower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Where is this new relief pitcher everyone wants to acquire going to pitch?

I don't see a need in the pen right now.

Another bat off the bench is where we need to go.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

It's really just a nice luxury to have. You can certainly upgrade from O'Day, Stephens, or Lee, but not sure what inning this player would even be used. We are pretty set in the back end of the bullpen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    It's really just a nice luxury to have. You can certainly upgrade from O'Day, Stephens, or Lee, but not sure what inning this player would even be used. We are pretty set in the back end of the bullpen.
    I could see that although I like Lee and think if hes your 5th/6th inning guy you're in very good shape.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts

Be nice if we could find a super utility lhh.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

You add to the pen whenever the opportunity arises.

With Matzek back, you take advantage of the fact that Lee can be sent down without losing him - there's no need for a FOURTH lefty in the pen. O'Day going to the IL to make room for Jansen means you can replace Lee with a righty that's an upgrade over O'Day - if you find one you simply release O'Day to make room on the roster instead of having to juggle things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Be nice if we could find a super utility lhh.
    I agree with this. I'd love a bat to put in left if Duvall and Rosario continue to struggle. However, a super-utility guy that can actually hit some would also be great. It could help guard against injury, let guys get rest down the stretch, and replace ABs by guys like Heredia and Arcia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Drury, Happ, and Benintendi are the 3 I want the most. Whichever one comes the cheapest I guess.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,862 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I agree with this. I'd love a bat to put in left if Duvall and Rosario continue to struggle. However, a super-utility guy that can actually hit some would also be great. It could help guard against injury, let guys get rest down the stretch, and replace ABs by guys like Heredia and Arcia.
    Duvall is not struggling. Since June 1st Duvall has a 210 WRC+ against lefties and is at 131 on the year. He's currently fulfilling the role that should be expected of him. A lefty masher.

Right now the question mark is Rosario. Duvall needs a platoon partner. Hopefully, the last few games is Rosario getting back to being a non-****ty hitter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Duvall is not struggling. Since June 1st Duvall has a 210 WRC+ against lefties and is at 131 on the year. He's currently fulfilling the role that should be expected of him. A lefty masher.

Right now the question mark is Rosario. Duvall needs a platoon partner. Hopefully, the last few games is Rosario getting back to being a non-****ty hitter.
    Only 34 PAs against lefties since June 1 so SSS issues there. However, if Rosario's struggles continue I'm not letting Duvall being above average against lefties dissuade me from getting someone else out there if a good enough bat comes available. I'm not against getting a lefty to platoon with Duvall (a Pederson type though I doubt he'll be available). But LF is an area where we can pretty clearly upgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Could benintendi's vaccine status help him fall to us on the cheap?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Considering the Braves don't have a ton of holes, especially if Rosario is back to normal, the play might be to help teams like the Padres by taking bad contracts packaged with prospects.

It seems like the Braves should have lots of money available at the deadline, and no real places to make an impactful upgrade.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,862 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Only 34 PAs against lefties since June 1 so SSS issues there. However, if Rosario's struggles continue I'm not letting Duvall being above average against lefties dissuade me from getting someone else out there if a good enough bat comes available. I'm not against getting a lefty to platoon with Duvall (a Pederson type though I doubt he'll be available). But LF is an area where we can pretty clearly upgrade.
    Still 131 WRC+ on the season. He had a slow start but Duvall is doing Duvall things out there.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Could benintendi's vaccine status help him fall to us on the cheap?
    If he's cheap, then I'd get him.

It's possible his value tanks for AL teams.

I'd be willing to leave ozuna off the playoff roster if I had 2 of Benintindi/Duvall/Rosario mashing (more likely just bench him). Plus you'd keep him from someone else. If he costs what any of our 3 WR costs last year, I'd take him and figure it out on the back end. They can make Heredia a coach or a ball boy if it's a roster crunch.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Considering the Braves don't have a ton of holes, especially if Rosario is back to normal, the play might be to help teams like the Padres by taking bad contracts packaged with prospects.

It seems like the Braves should have lots of money available at the deadline, and no real places to make an impactful upgrade.
    That would be 3D chess. I think it would be interesting to see.

Touki did not work out, but I LOVED the trade at the time. I think more teams should do NBA style trades. If you have a 50 million or so payroll, then I'd look to take an Ozuna off a team if they make it worth my while. Then maybe he puts it together and you flip him later.

I'd love to see the Braves buy a prospect or two. Maybe some bullpen arms to potentially free up the 30 million committed to Jansen and SMith this year for next year's budget?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

This I like...especially, if as you say, Rosario is back to 'normal' but the one caveat I'd add is if Yate is also effective before the deadline.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,369 Posts
    This I like...especially, if as you say, Rosario is back to 'normal' but the one caveat I'd add is if Yate is also effective before the deadline.
    I still just can't get excited about a mid 30's reliever who hasn't thrown a pitch in 2 years as a reliable source of quality innings..
    Coppy