Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: GDT 8/5/22: Braves @ Mutts - Big Night For Anderson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    I heard on the radio just yesterday that Mike was going to start throwing sim games in the next day or so- maybe something with that changed ?
    They said the plan is still for him to start simulated games next week and after a few of those he’ll start a rehab assignment but I expect him fully ready for ST. Hopefully he doesn’t have any setbacks this winter but AA can’t plan on him being a big part of the rotation or Anderson either. He’ll need to get a good SP this offseason.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Bryce Elder just announced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Bryce Elder will be the 27th man for the DH

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    How many more games is Yates going to need?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    How many more games is Yates going to need?
    He's ready. Interesting decision coming up for the powers that be this week.

I'd personally bring Yates up to take Anderson's roster spot for a while - serves a couple pretty important purposes...

1.) Gets Yates back to competing with the types of hitters he's actually going to be facing in the postseason. The beauty of the Iglesias acquisition is that Snitker should be able to SLOWLY work him into higher-leverage situations, AND there's no need to push him to be available on back-to-back days until he's completely ready to be used like that. With Jansen, Iglesias, Minter, and Matzek in place Snitker ought to start deploying him against tough hitters in the 5th or 6th innings of games for a while - and he has Stephens and McHugh to use in that role as well until Yates is stronger and more built-up.

Just as importantly...

2.) Gives Anderson 3-4 starts without the pressure of the race. His stuff appears to be completely fine - the velo hasn't changed and the change is still diving. He just needs some time to get his command back WITHOUT the additional concern that struggling is actually costing the team games. Bring him back up around the first of September and go with a 6-man rotation to rest the horses and line them up the way you want them for the playoffs. After you call him back up you can decide which one of him or Stephens you want on the postseason roster based on how Anderson looks.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Grossman getting 1st start today. No ozuna

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    I would point out that the Braves are 14-7 when Anderson starts, so to say he's 'costing us games' is not entirely a true statement. It is true he is getting the best RS among our five starters. The more accurate statement would be 'he will potentially cost us games the rest of the season if he keeps pitching like this.'

I'd hate to see Anderson go, but I also don't want a six man rotation because that takes starts away from EVERYONE and we need to maximize starts from at least Fried, Morton, and Wright. I will be curious to see what the Braves do with Odorizzi and Anderson moving forward.