Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 9/13 GDT: Time to end a losing streak - giants game 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I'd imagine this is all about having Acuna ready to play defense every day in the playoffs. Get him healthy enough to do that, and you'll be able to platoon Grossman and Grissom in LF and have Contreras DH so you can have ALL the bats in there.
    Why would we platoon Grossman and Grissom?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what happened to Contreras and why we’re keeping one of our better hitters tied to the bench?
    Acuna can’t play the field and is hogging the DH.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    Agreed here.

It’s obviously safe to assume Adrianza is will be DFAd for Albies barring any injury. It’s unfortunate that Ronald can’t play the field…now Grissom and Contreras will have limited roles. Grissom is likely to come out today and go 4-5 or 4-4

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,812 Posts
    Haven’t been able to get on here the last couple days until this morning. Anyway…….
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

buck75 (09-14-2022), Garmel (09-14-2022), UNCBlue012 (09-14-2022)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Better defender than Rosario. I don't expect either to hit much, but if they don't think the defensive downgrade to Rosario is enough to worry about use Rosario instead.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Agreed here.

It’s obviously safe to assume Adrianza is will be DFAd for Albies barring any injury. It’s unfortunate that Ronald can’t play the field…now Grissom and Contreras will have limited roles. Grissom is likely to come out today and go 4-5 or 4-4
    Someone mentioned having him go down to get some game experience in LF when Ozzie's activated. Not the worst idea I've heard so he still gets 4 PAs every night.

Just make sure to have a LONG talk with him so he understands it isn't a "demotion". Just a chance to go spend more time tracking flyballs and that they'll drop Adrianza before the playoffs.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    It's amazing to see the Braves match their wins from last year with 20 games to go, and STILL are not in first place. In fact, the Phillies are on pace to win more games than the Braves did last year, and they will be in third place - a distant third at that. Those three teams are on pace to win 45 more games this year than last year.

The entire playoff field is like this though - The six teams qualifying for the playoffs are on pace to win 588 games, while those top six teams (which includes the Reds' 83 wins) were at 569 wins. The 7th team not qualified (Brewers) has only 5 less wins NOW than that same team (Phillies) did last year, with 21 games left to play. The Brewers are on pace to have the same wins as the Braves did last year and probably won't make the playoffs. A very top-heavy NL this year.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    I know Adrianza is mostly a waste of a roster spot and will probably get DFA on Friday or whenever they activate Ozzie (I imagine it will be this weekend). But I think it may be worth sending Grissom down to play 8-10 games in LF for Gwinnett. Arcia and Adrianza could fill in for Ozzie as needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    Acuna in rf today
    Grissom at 2b
    Ozuna at DH
    Contreras at c