Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Statcast Arm Strength Leaderboard

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    It reeks of the Tex trade. As I recall we had a better offer from someone (Boston maybe?) but we wanted a major league 1B back. So we made that mediocre trade with Anaheim. I won't say we could have had trout because who knows where the Angels valued him as they had back to back picks they may have still taken him with their OG pick, or the braves could have bumbled it and let trout fall to an even better team, like the Red Sox or Yankees.
    And what we got was a Casey Kotchman who didn't have a whole lot of tread left on his tires.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-22-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    I guess I am alone in that I really liked Kotchman. Didnt work out but I was high in him at the time.

The Olivera traded was absolute hore****. The Dodgees just signing international players for a **** load of money and selling them for prospects/players the next year is bull****. The whole trade reeked of some dumbass using the retarded surplus value projection ****. The Dodgers kind of had themselves in a bind with Olivera and I dont recall the market for him being all that great. We should have held out for a better deal and probably would have for it imo.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I guess I am alone in that I really liked Kotchman. Didnt work out but I was high in him at the time.

The Olivera traded was absolute hore****. The Dodgees just signing international players for a **** load of money and selling them for prospects/players the next year is bull****. The whole trade reeked of some dumbass using the retarded surplus value projection ****. The Dodgers kind of had themselves in a bind with Olivera and I dont recall the market for him being all that great. We should have held out for a better deal and probably would have for it imo.
    Individual teams are often wrong in their assessment of prospects/players, but it's quite rare that all of baseball is wrong and Oliveras is one of the examples where it seems everyone bought the hype before he even set foot on an American baseball diamond.