Page 30 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Official official offseason thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    He's only been above average so far as an offensive player. If his defense slips at all, he isn't going to be a very good player. And if his offense falls to career averages to go along with declining defense, he's not going to be someone you want starting on your team.
    And that’s probably why he hasn’t resigned yet. AA knows this too and isn’t willing to overpay him for a leadership role. If he doesn’t sign Dansby that doesn’t mean he won’t sign a better SS. It’s all about future value.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Well here’s more speculation that they have almost nothing to spend at SS.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...-bogaerts.html

I guess we will see how badly those extensions hamper the team in terms of salary cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Yeah that’s their just regurgitating what Rosenthal said a few days ago. Only AA and McGuirk know what we have to spend. I’ll still believe it when I see it but they didn’t spend what they have just to cheap out at SS.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson2 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-17-2022)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    It’s plausible the cash for Morton was freed up when they realized they couldn’t sign Swanson. If they are right against the cap and won’t go over it looks like my prediction of Arcia being the everyday guy could be the plan.

Hopefully that’s not the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    They could use Grissom, Anderson, and others to get Reynolds if they did have to use Arcia at SS but I hope they have more money then people are thinking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson2 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-17-2022)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Well here’s more speculation that they have almost nothing to spend at SS.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...-bogaerts.html

I guess we will see how badly those extensions hamper the team in terms of salary cap.
    It's just the same Rosenthal speculation repackaged.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Or, and hear me out... the team could spend the copious amounts of money they're making to improve it.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Everyones just going on what by DOB and Rosenthal are saying. But if we're not spending on DeGrom or one of the big 4 at short, what are we even spending on?

Amed Rosario makes most sense as a trade target if Cleveland would move him.
    Last edited by Heyward; 11-17-2022 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Liberty Media announces it plans to spin off the Atlanta Braves and its surrounding real estate ventures into a separate stock: https://twitter.com/Travis_Sawchik/s...22074839224321

I am real estate illiterate. What does this mean for the team? Anything?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-18-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Liberty Media announces it plans to spin off the Atlanta Braves and its surrounding real estate ventures into a separate stock: https://twitter.com/Travis_Sawchik/s...22074839224321

I am real estate illiterate. What does this mean for the team? Anything?
    Ah, great thread on this: https://twitter.com/EricFisherSBG/st...19276202090499. Essentially, the Braves are doing insanely well lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Everyones just going on what by DOB and Rosenthal are saying. But if we're not spending on DeGrom or one of the big 4 at short, what are we even spending on?

Amed Rosario makes most sense as a trade target if Cleveland would move him.
    I think Willy Adames makes more sense

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Eric Fisher
    @EricFisherSBG
    ·
    1h
    This now more explicitly sets up a juxtaposition of what the team does in free agent market, at trade deadline, etc., versus what the stock is doing. So if no deals and stock up big, for example, that creates a problem for the Braves.
    Get off my lawn!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-18-2022)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I think Willy Adames makes more sense
    He'd cost alot more compared to what Rosario would. But do agree Adames is the best trade target pending what it'd cost.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    He'd cost alot more compared to what Rosario would. But do agree Adames is the best trade target pending what it'd cost.
    We have lots of what the Brewers need - cheap, major-league ready pieces. Adames and Burnes for our whole AAA/AAAA pitching surplus + Grissom. Is there something workable in there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    It’s plausible the cash for Morton was freed up when they realized they couldn’t sign Swanson. If they are right against the cap and won’t go over it looks like my prediction of Arcia being the everyday guy could be the plan.

Hopefully that’s not the case.
    I'm getting the feeling your comments here are on track. Plus it also has to be considered that the Morton deal is for one year, and signing Swanson would have a major impact on the payroll for years to come.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    are the Brewers looking to rebuild or something? why are they trading Adames and what are the Braves trading for him?
    at least Reynolds has been on the market. Adames has not, and the Brewers narrowly missed the playoffs.
    i’d love Adames too but i don’t see how it makes sense, and i’ve seen nothing indicating the Brewers are entering a rebuild and selling off their pieces. while we’re making things up, will the Blue Jays trade Bichette to Atlanta? how about the Astros and Peña?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    are the Brewers looking to rebuild or something? why are they trading Adames and what are the Braves trading for him?
    at least Reynolds has been on the market. Adames has not, and the Brewers narrowly missed the playoffs.
    i’d love Adames too but i don’t see how it makes sense, and i’ve seen nothing indicating the Brewers are entering a rebuild and selling off their pieces. while we’re making things up, will the Blue Jays trade Bichette to Atlanta? how about the Astros and Peña?
    The Brewers are in that tough position as a middle payroll team. They have to be creative about how they stay competitive going forward without spending additional money. So if they can make a trade, shed some payroll, and get players that can be on their MLB roster now, they can stay competitive in the weak NL Central.....however, their window is closing soon as some of their guys head to free agency, like Burnes.
    Get off my lawn!

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Brewers traded Hader to avoid huge arb price, Same has been said about Burns and Adames tho lately owner has down played moving them. Has Stearns been replaced yet.
    Reynolds trade from Pittsburgh fans gets same response as does a trade for Acuna.
    Several weeks ago Jays bounced trading one of their OFer who were all RH bats. That moved on yesterday with Teoscar trade. Bichette trade came up on MLBTR couple weeks ago. No mention of Braves being a candidate.
    Astro's Pena is just foolish for several more years.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Brewers traded Hader to avoid huge arb price, Same has been said about Burns and Adames tho lately owner has down played moving them. Has Stearns been replaced yet.
    Reynolds trade from Pittsburgh fans gets same response as does a trade for Acuna.
    Several weeks ago Jays bounced trading one of their OFer who were all RH bats. That moved on yesterday with Teoscar trade. Bichette trade came up on MLBTR couple weeks ago. No mention of Braves being a candidate.
    Astro's Pena is just foolish for several more years.
    I was thinking there could be a scenario where the Brewers trade us Yelich along with cash, and we send back Ozuna and Rosario. However, looking at Yelichs contract....? Woof!

He has 6 years left at $26m a year. Plus a vesting option for a 7th year at $20m. They would have to send some SERIOUS cash to trade him and thats not happening.
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    There has been plenty of speculation Adames could be traded. But please, be an ass for no reason. Will he be traded? Probably not... but he's just as likely to be traded as Rosario. But thanks for your extra stupid questions that make you feel clever.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...medium=twitter