Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I received an invitation to Google Glass about a month ago, but couldn't afford to get one (so ended up selling my code on eBay for $50). It is the benchmark for wearables as far as I'm concerned, but still needs a literal ****-ton of development before it's consumer ready. Although I'm sure if Google dropped the price to $300 they would sell like hotcakes, even as a relatively simple piece of equipment.

Pebble Steel is beautiful, I have been considering it ... but apparently Samsung just pushed up the launch of the Galaxy Gear II to the MWC in a few weeks, so I'm going to wait ... just like I'm waiting for KitKat on my Note.

You just know that somebody is going to break through on watches in a unique way, and I think it's going to happen this year.
I think Razer may be the big break through. For those who haven't checked it out here's a preview

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/06/r...bu-smart-band/

The broad potential of the device is exciting and the price point can't be beat. Question is will adoption be high enough. If it is it could be the killer smartwatch the big breakthrough as stylish, cheap, social, and health.

Love the Pebble Steel look though, just odn't know if I'd love it as a smart watch. I have little hope for the Galaxy Gear 2.

And Glass is going to be the future. Maybe not glass as you know it now but imagine if you will you like fixing your own computer. You own a dell laptop and you can get an AR guide on how to remove say the motherboard that shows you on your device what you need to do. The utilization potential of AR is insane. NYPD or LAPD (I Forget) Is testing glass which could work very well in law enforcement. From a consumer perspective, as a city dweller/visitor the navigation could prove wonderful. And unlike smartwatches you can audibly respond to texts and things of that nature.