For just general tech geekiness, phones, computers TVs, etc.

Anyway some general musings on my behalf.

I've always wondered if Apple could actually dominate the cell market. Or at least the high end market like Beats does with the high end headphone market. To those who know about the cell market there's concern about the high end smartphone bubble popping, which would basically mean Apple's growth would slow since that's their niche. But what if Apple also released a high end Android phone? Hell it could be the same base as the iPhone just running Android OS. What would be the draw to it? Well just some musing points. First you could draw people who love the high end phones but love customization of Android. Second you can bring iTunes to Android. If you just want to make it only available on the Apple Device fine, but it's another potential revenue stream. Now you may ask yourself who would want an Android phone with iTunes? People who are iTunes and iPod users who aren't in love with the iPhone. I know plenty out there. It's a risky move but there is minimal loss to doing something like that especially if you do it with existing hardware. A move like that could be deadly for Samsung who basically sits atop and poaches the Android high end market. The reward is that for no real added cost Apple can expand it's hardware profitability. There is some loss in App Sales for sure, but I think they could easily offset that.

Second musing is about the TV Future. I'm checking out the market as my TV is now like 3 years old and showing signs of getting old so I'm cycling it to bedroom TV and getting a new one at some point, and nothing really excites me. There's some cool tech in the high end TVs but nothing that wows me in the mid range market (I would never spend 5 grand on a TV ever) They're all largely the same. Cellphones, cars, videogames, etc. there are defining features that would make me choose one over the other, but that doesn't exist for me when looking for a TV. No smart TV gives me anything to even kind of consider ditching my Roku or XBox.

My tech wishlist for this year is something like this

New TV, Probably a 46 incher may go 55. I want bigger than my 42 because it doesn't fit the room well, But I don't know how big I'm willing to goI'm
XBox one or PS4. Haven't really decided which way to go yet. I love my 360, but the PS4 is almost universally regarded as better tech. I'm gonna wait a while to see if Kinect actually utilizes better for the One I guess.

Last is not a must but I want a new desktop or laptop. I haven't decided which yet. May wind up getting both. Right now I have a very old desktop that's running a vista that got attacked hard by a virus that I removed but have been too lazy to restore all the registries that were deleted. My laptop is busted up bad and I have a chromebook which I love. i was going to get a tablet but I think I prefer the chromebook for just about everything except for playing games. I'm ditching the desktop, but I may convert my laptop to an all in one, or I may suck it up for what I use it for, or I may sell it. To Meta's shock I'm sure I"m heavily considering the Macbook pro for my laptop. Simply because of their durability. It's in my top 3 right now with the Envy Spectre and some other one that I'm forgetting about. Desktop if I go that route I'm leaning all in one but who knows where I'll go.

Anyway my nerds, discuss and argue.