Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minor League Thread 3/31/23

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atl717 View Post
    Because when you strike out 4 times in a game when you have below average power that’s really awful. He’s never hit in his career. Why do people expect that to change?
    One game. It was one bad game. He doesn’t strike out a lot. I am not sweating a 25 year prospect until he is washed out. I don’t think he will ever be a superstar. But him developing better hitting skills at his age is not that unheard of.
    Coppy

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    I love this time of year. I get to see more minors than many here. Shewmake has never been exceptional...or bad..or good....he just is. Been that way since he was drafted. Nothing in him suggests star, but solid is not a terrible outcome.

Grissom has the higher ceiling and his bat is good. I hate super utility labels because at the lower level he wasn't considered utility at all. But..at the major league level, I'd be ok with that for him.

As for people being hard on Shewmake, I think it's on him to change the narrative. Although stat and boxscore watching is fun..it never tells the entire story. For Shew...it has for the most part. Let it play out is all I can say.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-02-2023)