Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GDT: 5/9 Braves vs Red Sox

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    For some reason Turner has had a steady degradation of his contact skills. Its alarming and I'd be very worried if I owned the Phillies.
    He can’t hit a fastball to save his life this year.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    MLB has their early MVP favorites. The NL was Acuna by a mile with Murphy a clear 2nd. Then other guys that are not even close. I am not sure if I would pick Acuna or Murphy personally. Acuna's all around game is just insane, but Murphy is so important to the pitchers that when coupled with his offense, I am torn. Most likely Acuna because his value is so flashy and easier to notice.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    MLB has their early MVP favorites. The NL was Acuna by a mile with Murphy a clear 2nd. Then other guys that are not even close. I am not sure if I would pick Acuna or Murphy personally. Acuna's all around game is just insane, but Murphy is so important to the pitchers that when coupled with his offense, I am torn. Most likely Acuna because his value is so flashy and easier to notice.
    I think Acuna is a better bet over a full season L, but the strong defense catcher with a 1.000 OPS should win MVP in every scenario save a peak Ohtani season.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I think Acuna is a better bet over a full season L, but the strong defense catcher with a 1.000 OPS should win MVP in every scenario save a peak Ohtani season.
    Yeah...if Murphy somehow ends up with a 1000 OPS he's going to run away with being the WAR leader. That said, if Acuna somehow manages a 40/40 season I suspect he brings home the MVP. Especially if he does it while hitting over 300.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    MVP is a voted award and Acuna's flashy stats will always get the votes over a catcher doing what is important in the trenches. I will be happy with either winning and the other coming in second.. I mean if I am being honest, I would like the top 9 vote getters for MVP..
    Coppy