Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GDT 5/21 Schuster and a lineup

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgriff3029 View Post
    Several people say that we are barely .500 against teams with winning records but only the Braves (13-11), (Mets 10-9), and the DBacks (12-10) have winning records against teams above .500 in the National League.
    Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative….

We have let a lot of games get away that we feel like we should have won, so it seems like we aren’t as good as we are. The truth is we are struggling in various areas and haven’t been anywhere close to full strength, and are the best team in the NL.

It seems to me like we are on the verge of some people getting hot, starting pitching improving in a hurry, and the bullpen showing some positive results. Add that up, and I think the next several weeks - rest of May and June - we are going to go on a red hot streak - win a few we shouldn’t- etc - and do some very serious damage in the race for the East.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative….

We have let a lot of games get away that we feel like we should have won, so it seems like we aren’t as good as we are. The truth is we are struggling in various areas and haven’t been anywhere close to full strength, and are the best team in the NL.

It seems to me like we are on the verge of some people getting hot, starting pitching improving in a hurry, and the bullpen showing some positive results. Add that up, and I think the next several weeks - rest of May and June - we are going to go on a red hot streak - win a few we shouldn’t- etc - and do some very serious damage in the race for the East.
    Yup! And the next few weeks should be extremely telling with the schedule easing and several interdivisional games on the horizon.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgriff3029 View Post
    Several people say that we are barely .500 against teams with winning records but only the Braves (13-11), (Mets 10-9), and the DBacks (12-10) have winning records against teams above .500 in the National League.
    Well...that's why those teams are above .500. They didn't get beat too badly by other good teams.