Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade deadline thread

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Why all the doubts about Ozzie after 6 seasons of total admiration. I still think he is the most viable trade chip and I also think he would get a moderate upgrade to some of the holes.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Why all the doubts about Ozzie after 6 seasons of total admiration. I still think he is the most viable trade chip and I also think he would get a moderate upgrade to some of the holes.
    No way the Braves trade him at that contract without a massive upgrade. Those talking about his demise have ammunition but I think Ozzie gets it together just like the whole team over the past 3 weeks.

Btw..I am now open to him batting exclusively right handed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    But, but........... The contract is exactly what makes him so attractive to lots of teams in the market. Those teams needing a dollar bargain are exactly the teams that would give up the most for an immediate fix.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Can we just trade LHH ozzie
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Then you have a hole at 2B.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Then you have a hole at 2B.
    Not if you make the right trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    The Braves aren’t trading a 4-5 win player that they’re paying pennies for in the middle of a contention window.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Hudson2 (06-03-2023)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    The Braves aren’t trading a 4-5 win player that they’re paying pennies for in the middle of a contention window.
    The common sense of this post won't stop the stupidity of the thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Well Hell, even I know that this isn't happening. But, it is just as likely to happen as some of the other trade nonsense you see here and on every other fan site. Braves wlth on meaningful position prospects to trade and the injured pitchers just don't look like a source for improvement.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Well Hell, even I know that this isn't happening. But, it is just as likely to happen as some of the other trade nonsense you see here and on every other fan site. Braves wlth on meaningful position prospects to trade and the injured pitchers just don't look like a source for improvement.
    AA added Soler, Duvall, Rosario, Joc while barely trading anything of substance. Especially when teams that arent contending will let players go who are making a decent amount of money. There's not a trade available that would make the Braves trade Ozzie. The easy fix is to just let him hit RH moving forward.
    Last edited by Heyward; 06-04-2023 at 07:14 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

buck75 (07-26-2023)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    He may not be a 4-5 win player at this stage with his defense dropping in recent years, but he should be at worst a consistent 3 win player. And that's still extremely valuable on his contract.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    The common sense of this post won't stop the stupidity of the thought.
    This is what makes this board humorous - people on here - myself sometimes included- don’t have the ability to think about what they are saying before they even say it. If one were to step back, look at what Ozzie’s baseball card says, knows that his best years are ahead of him, and what we are paying him….no way on earth any competent GM would ever consider trading him - and as Cy said - especially given we are in the middle of our window.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulavol For This Useful Post:

buck75 (07-26-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    This whole thread (30) posts have only one suggestion named and that is Pederson early on. Dont forget Pederson took the QO. Rest is complaints about Ozzie and turn into defense of Ozzie. Almost every Braves blogger was wishing for Giolito a few days ago. Just for conversation what do any of you think it would take to get Giolito?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    I need to take a break again from this forum Enough about what Snitker does wrong and AA's poor decisions and not to mention Cy's mom so soon after Mothers Day. Bye

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    This whole thread (30) posts have only one suggestion named and that is Pederson early on. Dont forget Pederson took the QO. Rest is complaints about Ozzie and turn into defense of Ozzie. Almost every Braves blogger was wishing for Giolito a few days ago. Just for conversation what do any of you think it would take to get Giolito?
    I think we're okay for SP. Between Fried when he's back next month or so, AJSS, Soroka, Elder, Morton, Strider, Schuster. I think we have more than enough. Offense needs someone who can hit from the left side. BP enough said. SP i think we have enough to get by.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Please find an example of a contending team with a MLB option at 2B who can trade away the MLB-ready talent required to acquire Albies while still making themselves better in the process.

The trade partner in your fantasy world doesn’t exist. No contending team on the planet is going to make a trade just to help the Braves fill holes. There’s a reason contenders trade with noncontenders, and if you figure that out you’ll stop making proposals like this

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Ozzie has only hit 4-5 war once and that was years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Ozzie has only hit 4-5 war once and that was years ago.
    I mean he hit 3.9 fWAR just in 2021... that may not be technically 4-5 but come on... it's virtually a 4. 2020 was the shortened season so obviously he wasn't going to then. Then the injury bug hit last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Just happened to log onto MSN. Up popped intro to fansided Suggest you Ozzie worshipers take a look at Mark Powells blog. Just for giggles cause he knows no more than any of us IMO. OBTW for Enscheff: I see your reading skills havent improved since I did not make any kind of proposal regarding what or who for Ozzie. When AA calls me Ill share the convo with you folks
    Last edited by PawPawMaxwell; 06-04-2023 at 11:44 AM. Reason: misspell

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Just happened to log onto MSN. Up popped intro to fansided Suggest you Ozzie worshipers take a look at Mark Powells blog. Just for giggles cause he knows no more than any of us IMO. OBTW for Enscheff: I see your reading skills havent improved since I did not make any kind of proposal regarding what or who for Ozzie. When AA calls me Ill share the convo with you folks
    So your throw out trading Ozzie, and when questioned on who you’d trade him to and for what, your response is “well I never said who I’d trade him for so why would you question it??”. Lol
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg