Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade deadline thread

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I mean he hit 3.9 fWAR just in 2021... that may not be technically 4-5 but come on... it's virtually a 4. 2020 was the shortened season so obviously he wasn't going to then. Then the injury bug hit last year.
    Just keeping it real. He's not a 4-5 WAR player like some want him to be. And if his decline in defense is real he'll be nowhere close to it in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    His plate discipline and LHH keeps him from being a Altuve Jr.

I type that understanding that’s a lot, but those are things that can be improved
    Ivermectin Man

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Just keeping it real. He's not a 4-5 WAR player like some want him to be. And if his decline in defense is real he'll be nowhere close to it in the future.
    Anybody thinking Ozzie is not fixable or won't approach 4 WAR again needs to back away from the TV or forum. I forgot who said it but his baseball card is still awesome in the face of what he looks like right now. The Braves have had how many 2B Silver Sluggers.....or...Nevermind.

Also can someone post his rapid decline in Defensive stats for those who defend him like myself?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    So your throw out trading Ozzie, and when questioned on who you’d trade him to and for what, your response is “well I never said who I’d trade him for so why would you question it??”. Lol
    It was the oddest “what? Me?” response I’ve read in a while.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Hey guys! Let’s trade Rosario for a 5+ win bat in LF! If you do it right LF will be solved for years!

How? To whom? Not my problem. All I know is they should just do it. Derrrrrrp!!

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Hey guys! Let’s trade Rosario for a 5+ win bat in LF! If you do it right LF will be solved for years!

How? To whom? Not my problem. All I know is they should just do it. Derrrrrrp!!
    You joke, but it DOES sound like a good idea.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    I had a wild thought last night while watching the game. Is it time to trade Ozuna while his value is high? I made the argument earlier in the year that regardless of production, he is kind of superfluous to the team. Could we turn him into a quality starter and save some of these kids from having to bounce back and forth from AAA?

You could also make a similar argument for Rosario, but he can at least stand in LF and try to do something.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherders View Post
    I had a wild thought last night while watching the game. Is it time to trade Ozuna while his value is high? I made the argument earlier in the year that regardless of production, he is kind of superfluous to the team. Could we turn him into a quality starter and save some of these kids from having to bounce back and forth from AAA?

You could also make a similar argument for Rosario, but he can at least stand in LF and try to do something.
    I think everyone was on board with doing anything to cut Ozuna before his hot streak. But since that hot streak started, he has been such a huge part of this lineup. And it really does seem like he is well liked by his team mates since Freeman and Swanson left.

That being the case, I think i'd keep him until the offseason and then see what move you can make there. But I would trade Rosario in an instant if anyone would take him. His at bats are atrocious and his defense is garbage.
    Get off my lawn!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-30-2023)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,286 Posts

Of course it comes down to what you get back in a trade, but .390 xWOBA bats are never “superfluous”. And by all accounts Ozuna is popular in the clubhouse and is one of the guys that bridges the Latin and American players. Given his off the field history, I don’t think you would ever come close to getting fair value in a trade.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-30-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts

The clubhouse seems to really like Ozuna and Rosario. Doubtful they will try to mess up team chemistry if they are being productive

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-30-2023)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    The clubhouse seems to really like Ozuna and Rosario. Doubtful they will try to mess up team chemistry if they are being productive
    Anthopoulos digs swag and those two are brimming with it so I doubt either are moved. Like you say, things are running so smoothly now that I don't foresee any moves. Grissom is about the only prospect with value that would net anything and I think they need to keep him around in case any of the IFs go down.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-30-2023)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Anthopoulos digs swag and those two are brimming with it so I doubt either are moved. Like you say, things are running so smoothly now that I don't foresee any moves. Grissom is about the only prospect with value that would net anything and I think they need to keep him around in case any of the IFs go down.
    I feel like Grissom gets moved at the deadline for a pitcher. Just a hunch.
    Get off my lawn!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    I feel like Grissom gets moved at the deadline for a pitcher. Just a hunch.
    Could be, but I have to think that there will an extra IF on the post-season roster. Could be Shewmake I suppose given he's a LHH and a better SS than Grissom and with our offense, team leadership may tilt toward defense in the post-season. He's young and was rushed a bit, but Grissom may be a bit of a tweener in that his bat may not carry his glove as the middle IF.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-30-2023)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Could be, but I have to think that there will an extra IF on the post-season roster. Could be Shewmake I suppose given he's a LHH and a better SS than Grissom and with our offense, team leadership may tilt toward defense in the post-season. He's young and was rushed a bit, but Grissom may be a bit of a tweener in that his bat may not carry his glove as the middle IF.
    Agreed. I just don't see a spot for Grissom on this team unless Ozzie went down god forbid. He'd be a good fit for a rebuilding team or a team a few years from contention like the Pirates, A's etc.
    Get off my lawn!

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    I'd assume the post season bench as of right now will be

Rosario/Pillar
    TDA/Murphy
    Shewmake
    Grissom

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    I'd assume the post season bench as of right now will be

Rosario/Pillar
    TDA/Murphy
    Shewmake
    Grissom
    I suspect Hillard or another speedster takes one of the Shewmake/Grissom spots

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-30-2023)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I suspect Hillard or another speedster takes one of the Shewmake/Grissom spots
    Either that or third catcher.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Aroldis Chapman to Texas for Cole Ragans and Roni Cabrera per Passan.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Either that or third catcher.
    Don't think we need a 3rd catcher with ozuna hitting. Murphy and TDA aren't likely to be in the lineup at the same time. 3rd catcher would just be a wated spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    I am glad we didnt get Chapman. I would love to get a top end reliever for the playoffs but someone that walks as many as Chapman isnt a good fit. Thats the kind of reliever who needs to come in to start an inning not one you can bring in with the bases loaded and 2 outs. Plus he hasnt exactly been a work horse out of the pen. He hasnt pitched 60 innings since 2015. He also hasnt given up a homer run this year. Thats not sustainable. I wont be surprised if he has a less than stellar finish with the Rangers this year.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.