Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: GDT 6/12/23: Braves @ Tigers - Mort on the mound

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,531 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Catcher is a much more demanding than other positions. We're going to have to rest Murphy and TDA more than other players just to keep them on the same level of fatigue.
    There’s a thing called a DH.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,372 Posts
    Catcher is a much more demanding than other positions. We're going to have to rest Murphy and TDA more than other players just to keep them on the same level of fatigue.
    Hey, I am all for resting our catchers more.. I am also for resting our other starters.. you know maybe... once.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Hey, I am all for resting our catchers more.. I am also for resting our other starters.. you know maybe... once.
    I'm for resting the other starters more as well. I will say there's a good chance every guy you mentioned is trying their best to avoid being sat though. I also expect they'll see more days off in the second half of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    There’s a thing called a DH.
    I still don't think it's enough to rest our catchers like they need to be. I personally wouldn't want anyone who caught 9 innings of a night game to do more than pinch hit in the following day game.

There's a difference between resting guys and giving one guy's ABs to someone else. This is clearly resting Murphy and I'm not going to get on Snit's case for resting a catcher.

Another reason I won't get on Snit for resting guys is we don't know the multitude of little injuries that accumulate through the year. A day off can be as much about healing up a minor injury as about getting rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,531 Posts
    I still don't think it's enough to rest our catchers like they need to be. I personally wouldn't want anyone who caught 9 innings of a night game to do more than pinch hit in the following day game.

There's a difference between resting guys and giving one guy's ABs to someone else. This is clearly resting Murphy and I'm not going to get on Snit's case for resting a catcher.

Another reason I won't get on Snit for resting guys is we don't know the multitude of little injuries that accumulate through the year. A day off can be as much about healing up a minor injury as about getting rest.
    Snit doesn’t rest guys, so I’m not sure what you’re on about. No one is complaining about Snitker resting his players. In fact, it’s the opposite.

As for the catcher, you can sit him completely once every 5 days like teams normally do, and then DH him twice a week as well to give his legs plenty of rest. If Ozuna is healthy, sitting Murphy more often isn’t as big of a deal because you don’t need Murphy’s bat as much. Ozuna isn’t healthy right now, and it creates a big hole in the lineup.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,967 Posts
    When they clinch in early September, Chadwick Tromp will be one of the roster additions and he will likely take at least a game a week.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,327 Posts
    Looks like Ozuna will be back quickly.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    I just wish there was a way to get Murphy, TDA, and Ozuna all in the same lineup. That would require Ozuna playing defense, but Rosario has been awful out there anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,531 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    I just wish there was a way to get Murphy, TDA, and Ozuna all in the same lineup. That would require Ozuna playing defense, but Rosario has been awful out there anyway.
    Hasn’t Ozuna actually graded out better than Rosario in LF over the past couple of years? His arm is what makes him virtually unplayable.