Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Murphy War Crimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I have no issue criticizing Snit's decisions. Acting like you know the reasons for those decisions is pretty dumb though.
    I never said I knew the reasons. I just said it’s dumb, regardless of the reasons. Sorry I have to state the obvious for you.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I never said I knew the reasons. I just said it’s dumb, regardless of the reasons. Sorry I have to state the obvious for you.
    You directly replied to a post where I made fun of the original poster for a post where he said Snit doesn't believe Murphy is a great hitter because he was "demoted" in the lineup.

Either you agree with his opinion or your post is irrelevant to the discussion.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    If I was the Braves manager I'[d have Murphy catch then DH alternating games.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    I have no issue criticizing Snit's decisions. Acting like you know the reasons for those decisions is pretty dumb though.
    You directly replied to a post where I made fun of the original poster for a post where he said Snit doesn't believe Murphy is a great hitter because he was "demoted" in the lineup.

Either you agree with his opinion or your post is irrelevant to the discussion.
    Lol, wut.

So I said the decision was dumb regardless of how you look at it, and you jump to “oh, you obviously agree with his opinion since you replied to the post.”

Again, lol, wut.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    If I was the Braves manager I'[d have Murphy catch then DH alternating games.
    Agreed.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Murph hitting 7th again.

Prosecutor of the
    International Criminal Court

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    For all the **** I keep getting that I’m making up things that don’t exist

Murphy hitting 7th again. Snit legitimately believes TD should hit 5th but Murphy 7th. He legit believes ozuna and Rosario should hit ahead of Murphy. I know batting order largely irrelevant but the symbolism here is scary

And you don’t think he’d go start TD over Murphy in a playoff game? Folks thinking this is nothing starting to look foolish in thinking this isn’t an issue. Objectively he believes TD warrants hitting higher despite the 600 ops he put up in July

Just wait till tmrw when Murphy gets benched again and sets up for TD to catch 2 of 3 in next series lmao.

I’m not convinced we don’t have a new starting catcher. TD More abs in August, played first game
    of series in like 3-4 of past 6 series, increasingly getting the night start and Murphy the day game spot start, and he hits higher in lineup. Is that not starting catcher like?

But keep telling yourself this is “strategic” keep telling me I’m crazy and that Snit is just being “tactful” - and that he knows Murphy is elite. Keep telling yourself that as you watch snit demote Murphy to hitting behind Eddie ****ing Rosario
    Last edited by AJonesATL; 08-13-2023 at 04:10 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,293 Posts
    Amed Rosario and Kike are hitting 4th and 5th while Outman hits 8th. I wonder if Roberts is planning on benching Outman in the playoffs so he can play Kike

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Lol, wut.

So I said the decision was dumb regardless of how you look at it, and you jump to “oh, you obviously agree with his opinion since you replied to the post.”

Again, lol, wut.
    My entire post was making fun of the poster because her thinks he knows why Snit makes the decisions he does.

Not really sure why you're quoting my post otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    My entire post was making fun of the poster because her thinks he knows why Snit makes the decisions he does.

Not really sure why you're quoting my post otherwise.
    Maybe because I was making an observation?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Maybe because I was making an observation?
    Sir Isaac would be disappointed in that one, cause it was trash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Sir Isaac would be disappointed in that one, cause it was trash.
    I’ll concede to the expert on trash opinions.

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Murphy hitting seventh is silly. If I were to guess why he’s hitting there, I’d wager it’s because he was slumping, Snitker moved him down to “shake things up,” he got a few hits, and now Snitker doesn’t want to change what’s “working.” It’s why Acuna is still hitting leadoff after all this time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (08-16-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    Murphy hitting seventh is silly. If I were to guess why he’s hitting there, I’d wager it’s because he was slumping, Snitker moved him down to “shake things up,” he got a few hits, and now Snitker doesn’t want to change what’s “working.” It’s why Acuna is still hitting leadoff after all this time.
    Yup.

Prosecutor of the

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    I'm sure people will try to come up with some defense that Murphy got hit in the head - but the bottom line is TD is starting again.

I'm pretty sure he is our new starting catcher.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Snit is treating the catcher situation like we're having to rotate through Tyler Flowers and Kurt Suzuki switching off game-by-game.

It's a good thing the Yankees don't get many steals.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJonesATL View Post
    I'm sure people will try to come up with some defense that Murphy got hit in the head - but the bottom line is TD is starting again.

I'm pretty sure he is our new starting catcher.
    I will. He caught yesterday. He got hit in the head. They probably got in to Bed at like 0500 today. Plus catching in the summer is brutal. I'm glad Snit subs at one position.

Murphy has slumped. I don't think he is some great hitter either. He started off great and is great for a catcher, but not great overall.

I think in the playoffs Murphy is the guy almost every day with the large number of off days. The question is if TDA is a better hitter than Ozuna not if TDA is better than Murphy, at least to me.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    ATL, I am not going to say you are wrong or stupid for your concern, but I don't agree completely with you. I think Twit is making bad decision right now... well all the time.. but I still hope and pray, he won't have that level of control come Oct. Having Murphy rested is not a bad thing... Why AA is not stepping in to correct this right now.
    Coppy

Prosecutor of the

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    He had a like a 3-week slump and just homered in back to back games.

All I'm saying is its gotten out of hand. We officially have a full-on platoon at catcher and one of the platoon members hits 5th and the other hits 7th. I'm actually amazed people aren't even remotely concerned that Snit truly believes TD is the better player. What more objective evidence do we have when Murphy hits 7th and TD hits 5th.

I'll leave it at this and just be done. I'm officially on code red that TD will be starting over Murphy in the playoffs. I base that on a 50-50 playing time and TD hitting higher in the line-up. I just haven't seen anything objective of late to lead me to believe Snit will do the right thing. He is a dumb individual when it comes to making baseball decisions.

ok - I'm done and will let it be

Prosecutor of the

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    ATL, I am not going to say you are wrong or stupid for your concern, but I don't agree completely with you. I think Twit is making bad decision right now... well all the time.. but I still hope and pray, he won't have that level of control come Oct. Having Murphy rested is not a bad thing... Why AA is not stepping in to correct this right now.
    Fair enough - I don't disagree with any of what you just said.