Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 09/13/23 GDT Braves @ Phillies Here Before, Here Again

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    Not sure we can overstate how lucky we are to have clinched this early. We can intermittently rest our main guys but still allow others to go after their individual awards.

I expect it to be somewhat like spring training this series in Miami, resting different starters. Last years series with the Phillies showed how much can change due to health. On paper, we were the far superior team. But with a Fried who lost 10+ LBS right before his start, and Strider with an oblique issue, we stood no shot.
    Get off my lawn!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-14-2023)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    I know the playoffs are a clean slate, but this team really ran through the regular season with elite hitting and pitching. It’s truly been so much fun.
    I know baseball in the playoffs, it's a crapshoot. But it would really feel like a dissapointment if we didnt at least make the WS this year. Provided we're healthy.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I know baseball in the playoffs, it's a crapshoot. But it would really feel like a dissapointment if we didnt at least make the WS this year. Provided we're healthy.
    If we make we.win it. No AL team scares me.
    Coppy

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    If we make we.win it. No AL team scares me.
    Houston/Baltimore/Tampa/even Texas have damn good ball clubs, Seattle as well. If we make it, it's gonna be a big challenge.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-14-2023)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Not sure we can overstate how lucky we are to have clinched this early. We can intermittently rest our main guys but still allow others to go after their individual awards.

I expect it to be somewhat like spring training this series in Miami, resting different starters. Last years series with the Phillies showed how much can change due to health. On paper, we were the far superior team. But with a Fried who lost 10+ LBS right before his start, and Strider with an oblique issue, we stood no shot.
    Considering we lucked out with an off day today, I think Ronnie will be the only one who will probably keep playing until he gets 40/70 before he gets a day off. Or Snit will let him keep playing to pile up more stats for MVP race.

I don't know if Snit gives Olson a day off. I also want to know what's the plan for Murphy. Harris getting a day off would be great too. Really though the pen needs rest. They've been overworked to death.
    Forever Fredi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-14-2023)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Considering we lucked out with an off day today, I think Ronnie will be the only one who will probably keep playing until he gets 40/70 before he gets a day off. Or Snit will let him keep playing to pile up more stats for MVP race.

I don't know if Snit gives Olson a day off. I also want to know what's the plan for Murphy. Harris getting a day off would be great too. Really though the pen needs rest. They've been overworked to death.
    One thing is for certain, this sub will melt in the GDT when the Braves pitch Shuster to rest their rotation.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Houston/Baltimore/Tampa/even Texas have damn good ball clubs, Seattle as well. If we make it, it's gonna be a big challenge.
    Meh. LA and Philly have great clubs and we went in and put the foot on neck. Bring them on.

I am going to be so liquored up this post season. An early exit might save me. Ready to get this **** started.
    Coppy