Thread: Ronald Acuna Jr. 40-40 Club

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    and no better than the posts he quoted.
    Willful naivety and obtuseness is not my bag, though I know it’s very common
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    I'm not sure if you're serious or trolling, but assuming for a moment that you are serious, I'm an older white guy who loves the game, is fairly old school and was taken aback by the antics for awhile. But the game is international and culturally speaking, the crowds and the players in Latin America are much more demonstrative. And hey, they get fired up - you ever watched a Venezuelan or Dominican game? Contrast that with the relatively polite applause-and-a-cap-tip that we grow up with here in the States. And I like that they get fired up (except for the bit where they pimp the home run and then it doesn't go out and the guy's standing on first with a 407' single). Baseball needs more people to get fired up.

I've listened to and watched Ronald for six years now and I do think he's humble, a good teammate, and a family guy. I saw him with his kids in about a five-minute clip recently and it's clear he's an engaged and loving dad. And if you're worried about how long it took to marry his girlfriend, he ain't the lone ranger. 40% of American children are born out of wedlock. Ronald and his wife seem happy and committed.

I do think he's a good guy. I'm glad he's a Brave and will be for a long time. And I, too, hope he gets the ball in the air a little more so those 112 mph rockets end up in the seats.
    When I read an article that was published shortly after he got married on short notice, I was really impressed by what he had to say, going out of his way to emphasize that family means everything to him.

Chipped is universally praised around here but did he ever end up marrying that Hooters waitress he had an affair and baby with while married? Who cares really.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NYCBrave For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (10-03-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Let’s not do this. If we ran everyone off with moronic takes, no one would post here. Just give him the justified ridicule and move on.
    This isn’t a legit poster. They came here for one reason and only 1 reason. If it was a Braves fan making discussion then cool but it’s definitely not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Let’s not do this. If we ran everyone off with moronic takes, no one would post here. Just give him the justified ridicule and move on.
    Thanks for standing up for this moron. I'm absolutely not a troll. The Braves have been my team since the late 1950's. I just have my own opinions and express them. I'm not a sheeple.

This board is so much better than the other one I'm on which will not allow a poster to express his/her opinion. Maybe that's why they have so few members and only a handful post.
    Last edited by BabyElle; 10-02-2023 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    This isn’t a legit poster. They came here for one reason and only 1 reason. If it was a Braves fan making discussion then cool but it’s definitely not.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. I was a Brave's fan before you were born but as I said in my prior post I am not a sheeple. It's my business not to idolize Acuna. It's your prerogative to idolize him if you want. There are many crayons in the box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyElle View Post
    Thanks for standing up for this moron. I'm absolutely not a troll. The Braves have been my team since the late 1950's. I just have my own opinions and express them. I'm not a sheeple.

This board is so much better than the other one I'm on which will not allow a poster to express his/her opinion. Maybe that's why they have so few members and only a handful post.
    Moron lol. If you’re still here after the offseason then maybe you’re not a super troll but you’re still trolling right now

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyElle View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. I was a Brave's fan before you were born but as I said in my prior post I am not a sheeple. It's my business not to idolize Acuna. It's your prerogative to idolize him if you want. There are many crayons in the box.
    Who is idolizing him? As NYCBrave mentioned, Chipper is universally loved in Braves Country but he doesn't have the best morals around. Who knows with Acuna. He doesn't get in trouble and that's all we can really ask for on that front. He rightfully should be praised for what he's done on the field though. Best offensive season ever for a Braves player.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Runnin (10-02-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Who is idolizing him? As NYCBrave mentioned, Chipper is universally loved in Braves Country but he doesn't have the best morals around. Who knows with Acuna. He doesn't get in trouble and that's all we can really ask for on that front. He rightfully should be praised for what he's done on the field though. Best offensive season ever for a Braves player.
    Yes, excellent offensive season. His defense could be better . I have been ambivalent about Chipper and Freddie. I love Tom Glavine, Matt Olson and Austin Riley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Moron lol. If you’re still here after the offseason then maybe you’re not a super troll but you’re still trolling right now
    Yes, I'm a moron or at least if someone says my posts are moronic then that means I'm a moron. LOL...that's okay. Do you not understand that or did you not even read his post. Oh....I will be here in the post season as I have been for the last forty years or so.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    I idolize Acuna.

He is maybe a 1 in 10 billion level talent.