Thread: Win tomorrow or this season is a failure

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Scrap the wild card round altogether. Three division winners and a single wild card team. Make all series a best of 7. Playoffs start Tuesday/Wednesday after the regular is over. It’s not difficult.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

sc1767 (10-12-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    The bottom line is if the Braves are really a championship-caliber team, they should find a way to win the next two games. No more excuses.

I can't call the whole season a failure if we don't win. The Mets' and Padres' seasons were total failures. This is just a ****ty ending.

We are a marathon runner forced into a 1oo meter dash. An NBA playoff series is almost 10% of the season. A football playoff game equates to about 6% of the season. The division series in baseball amounts to 3% of the season. I wonder how many World Series winners of the past would never have won if they had to play all these extra series. Heres a thought. Best 2 teams in each league face each other in a 9 game series but the wins add on to the total regular season wins. So if the Braves have an 8 game lead on the second place team the second place team would have to win all 9 to advance. That makes the regular season game matter. It happens in other sports that low seeds win championships but its far more common in baseball. Its like if the NBA took out the 3 point line in the playoffs or NFL playoff games ended at halftime.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    This is the best team in the sport, and no 5 game series changes any of that.

Like I’ve said literally 5000 times, snitker is not a competent tactician. The talent of the roster and/or dumb luck has to compensate for the lack of tactics used by the man pulling the strings during the game. In a short series every single edge the Braves don’t take advantage of is magnified due to the nature of the playoffs.

However, I consider Dave roberts the best manager in the sport, and his team has flopped consistently in October. So the format does need to change.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Scrap the wild card round altogether. Three division winners and a single wild card team. Make all series a best of 7. Playoffs start Tuesday/Wednesday after the regular is over. It’s not difficult.
    MLB will never do that but I agree. All these teams involved is unnecessary. The D’Backs were 16 games worse than the Dodgers but gets hot for 3 games and now they are deemed the better team? Just doesn’t make sense to me. Just waters down the sport. I’d rather not see two wild card teams in the WS. If that happens I’m probably turning my attention elsewhere. Just have no interest in a D’Backs/Rangers WS.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    This group tries to bash. They don't grind out abs. They are up there doing one thing...looking to go deep. And the pitching has been hit or miss all year outside of Strider. Fried gets a pass he was hurt all year, but the offense covered Morton and Elder. Where are Acuna and Olson? They have disappeared. The Braves took their foot off the gas the night they clinched and now can't find the pedal. That's not on one person but the whole damn organization. Two championships in nearly 30 years of outstanding baseball. Through Cox to Gonzalez to Snitker name the last time they staved off elimination. I can't do it off the top of my head. These guys never play a game as if they HAVE to win that day and it shows in the results.