Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: Soroka, Schuster, Shewmake and Lopez to the White Sox for Aaron Bummer

  1. #61
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,377
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,719
    Thanked in
    1,959 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Adames had a .259 BABIP last year and strikes me as a guy who will regress positively in 2024. I would not be surprised to see him post 4+ wins.

    He just feels like a guy AA would trade for and then extend after clearing the organization of all SS depth, pushing Arcia to the utility role.
    He's in a 2 year decline. Unless he could be had for not that much, I would tend to stay away. Rather have Kim from SD if we are targeting a 1 year rental.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (11-17-2023)

  3. #62
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,377
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,719
    Thanked in
    1,959 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Only thing makes me nervous is his declining EV values that are already not very good
    Hard hit rate cratered too. He's never been a high average/OBP guy either. Not a good combination.
    Last edited by Carp; 11-17-2023 at 04:14 PM.

  4. #63
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,166
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    954
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    677
    Thanked in
    477 Posts
    I see India seems available. Has he ever played SS?

  5. #64
    Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    86
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,732
    Thanked in
    1,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    I see India seems available. Has he ever played SS?
    He was a high school shortstop. Played a couple games a year there in college and a handful in the minors. Looks like he hasn't played there since 2018.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (11-17-2023)

  7. #65
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,166
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    954
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    677
    Thanked in
    477 Posts
    He just seems like an athletic dynamic player who can hit and play defense. I am sure AA knows the answer well enough to be either in or out.

  8. #66
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,175
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,954
    Thanked in
    6,073 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Only thing makes me nervous is his declining EV values that are already not very good
    Then in that case the worsening BABIPs may not be bad luck, and are instead due to declining contact quality. That's not typically something that happens to guys in their 20s, but who knows.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (11-17-2023)

  10. #67
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,175
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,954
    Thanked in
    6,073 Posts
    Looking more into Adames shows a 2023 wOBA of .311 vs an xwOBA of .341. For reference, that xwOBA places him ahead of only Rosario (.320) and Arcia (.309) from the 2023 Braves, and right near Albies (.342). So xwOBA says he actually hit like Albies while playing an excellent SS.

    I would be willing to bet good money that Adames hits and fields better than Arcia in 2024, barring injury. What is that upgrade worth? Probably not a ton, so I certainly wouldn't give up someone like AJSS or Grissom for Adames. It just seems like AA was willing to clear out the SS depth for a reason, and the only obvious reason is Adames.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (11-17-2023)

  12. #68
    It's OVER 5,000! zbhargrove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    11,085
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    762
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,657
    Thanked in
    1,956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Looking more into Adames shows a 2023 wOBA of .311 vs an xwOBA of .341. For reference, that xwOBA places him ahead of only Rosario (.320) and Arcia (.309) from the 2023 Braves, and right near Albies (.342). So xwOBA says he actually hit like Albies while playing an excellent SS.

    I would be willing to bet good money that Adames hits and fields better than Arcia in 2024, barring injury. What is that upgrade worth? Probably not a ton, so I certainly wouldn't give up someone like AJSS or Grissom for Adames. It just seems like AA was willing to clear out the SS depth for a reason, and the only obvious reason is Adames.
    I feel like Kim at San Diego could also be a real target... and I may actually like him better too. Soto/Kim package deal... sign me up

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (11-17-2023)

  14. #69
    High School Draftee
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    60
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Adames had a .259 BABIP last year and strikes me as a guy who will regress positively in 2024. I would not be surprised to see him post 4+ wins.

    He just feels like a guy AA would trade for and then extend after clearing the organization of all SS depth, pushing Arcia to the utility role.

    https://x.com/dallasbbritt/status/17...qtfTkl1__Filyg

  15. #70
    It's OVER 5,000! zbhargrove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    11,085
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    762
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,657
    Thanked in
    1,956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    "I have no intel"... and this is one of our board regulars anyways! haha

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (11-18-2023)

  17. #71
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,175
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,954
    Thanked in
    6,073 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    I've never been plagiarized on twitter before. It's odd...

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (11-18-2023)

  19. #72
    Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    86
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,732
    Thanked in
    1,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    He just seems like an athletic dynamic player who can hit and play defense. I am sure AA knows the answer well enough to be either in or out.
    Just kind of tough to see a fit for India. We have an all-star at second base, where India has played in the majors, an all-star at third base, where India played in college, and it doesn't seem like a great idea to try and have him play short full time. We could move him to left, which I'm sure is a transition India could handle relatively easily, but that seems like a pretty complicated and expensive way to try and fill left field.

  20. #73
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,175
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,954
    Thanked in
    6,073 Posts
    AA is going to be stuck giving Rosario 2/18 in January and my nose will start to bleed.

  21. #74
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    24,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,032
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,976
    Thanked in
    5,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    Just kind of tough to see a fit for India. We have an all-star at second base, where India has played in the majors, an all-star at third base, where India played in college, and it doesn't seem like a great idea to try and have him play short full time. We could move him to left, which I'm sure is a transition India could handle relatively easily, but that seems like a pretty complicated and expensive way to try and fill left field.
    We have an All-Star at SS too.

  22. #75
    It's OVER 5,000! CrimsonCowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Posts
    14,074
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,283
    Thanked in
    2,772 Posts
    AA is up to something. Just what, I don’t know
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

  23. #76
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    8,022
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,462
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,951
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    AA is up to something. Just what, I don’t know
    I’d hope the dominoes fall quickly because if there are grand plans, this could be tipping his hand
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

    “I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

  24. #77
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22,548
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,253
    Thanked in
    1,827 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    AA is up to something. Just what, I don’t know
    Certainly need to see the big picture of everything before you can say what these moves are. We have 6 spots open on the 40 man. One RP, one SP, one LF'er, one SS, another SP, a backup LF'er?

  25. #78
    Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,537
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    86
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,732
    Thanked in
    1,262 Posts
    We are going to absolutely load up at the Rule 5 draft.

  26. #79
    Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,641
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,547
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,645
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Arcia had bizarre LHP/RHP splits this year, with an OPS >1.000 against LHP and <.675 v. RHP. I have much more faith that he repeats the RHP number than the LHP number.

  27. #80
    It's OVER 5,000! Tapate50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    24,000
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8,997
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,664
    Thanked in
    3,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    We are going to absolutely load up at the Rule 5 draft.
    Probably load up on rules 1-4 too before hand.
    Ivermectin Man

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

    cajunrevenge (11-20-2023)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •