It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Mar-a-lago was tax assessed at 18M

It's not liberal judges or whatever.

ALso this is a private island. But it woudl sell for more than that house of course.
    Of course it's liberal judges. This judge is using the tax assessed 18m-27m figure as if it's the true market value and telling Trump he committed fraud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I'd like to know why you think Mar-a-Lago isn't turning a profit. I haven't seen any profit margin analysis but the revenue is 20-25 million a year.
    Based on what I could find online the profit is marginal and almost certainly less than Trump spends of his own campaign money and lobbyists/allies spend there that wouldn't do so if Trump wasn't there. Much of the legitimate business the place did dried up after his various controversies in 2016. There's no telling if that would return if he sold the place.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Of course it's liberal judges. This judge is using the tax assessed 18m-27m figure as if it's the true market value and telling Trump he committed fraud.
    He just used that as data point. The only real argument is how much Trump inflated the value not if he did it. He could have had Maralago appraised and used that value and there's no issue. There was no real point in that because he did have his other properties appraised and just ignores them and made up his own amount anyways. If this was just about Maralago kaube there's a case for Trump but he inflated ALL of his properties. When he gets to hand pick the appraiser it's hard for him to claim the appraisal was wrong. He could have gotten a second opinion. That he can't find an appraiser to hire to give him the valuation he claims says a lot. And it's not a small difference. It's hundreds of millions difference. Appraisers don't just make **** up they use valuations for what similar properties sell for. And these valuations were long before Trump was President so any Presidential premium wouldn't apply

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Mar-a-lago was tax assessed at 18M

It's not liberal judges or whatever.

ALso this is a private island. But it woudl sell for more than that house of course.
    Lemme tell you what my house assed for.

I’m gonna let you in that it has nothing to do with market or asset value

How are people not getting this ?
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    What's Mar-a-Lago's value on the Trump books? Around 400m-600m. What do the appraisers say? Cheapest I've seen is 350M. Sworn testimony from an expert says 500m-1B. Hardly a disparity.

Once again you do not understand that the government doesn't get to determine what the market value is because it's too subjective. The free market does.

Bank executive, Realtor and accounting professor have all testified Trump did nothing wrong but this judge knows better than them.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post

How are people not getting this ?
    Because a corrupt judge is trying to pull a fast one on someone they don't like so they believe it's real.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Since it's this one wacko Judge he should have no problem in appeal, so why the constant whining. Is it to much to ask for a nominee of a major political party to put his big boy pants on and stop reacting to everything that doesn't go his way like a petulant child? Here's all he needs to say "we disagree with the Judge, we are confident we will win on appeal and be fully vindicated". Instead it's just "waaaaahhhhh, bad man no like me, waaaaah, so unfair, waaaaah". And you people will vote for that man in the general election.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 12-30-2023 at 12:46 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Let me clarify a few things for the slow members of the forum, looking at your Garmel, Trump did not have to personally engage in insurrection. It also applies to those who give "aid and comfort" to those engaging in insurrection. What exactly "aid and comfort" is could be debatable. You could say sitting back and watching instead of taking action to stop it is giving "aid and comfort". You could also say it requires an affirmative action. The second issue is whether the President takes an oath to "support" the constitution. Trumps lawyers argue no, I dont think any serious person agrees with that. The third and most likely part that will be the deciding factor in the upcoming case is whether the President is an officer of the United States. The 14th amendment doesnt bar insurrectionists it bars people who have taken an oath to support the constitution as an officer of the United States who engaged in insurrection or gave aid and comfort to those who did. There is a long standing argument over whether the President is an officer of the United States but I think its silly to assume Congress wanted this to apply to members of Congress and not the President. An officer of the United States is defined as someone that is appointed whom some of the Sovreign power of the US is delegated to. You could say the President isnt appointed. Some say they are appointed by the Electoral college voters. Some say the President is the highest law enforcement officer in the country. I predict the President being an officer is what will be the deciding issue in the case. I think the Conservative justices will say no and not even weigh in on the rest of it. If any of the liberal justices side with Trump I think it will be on that part of the issue as well. No doubt when the court does strike down the Colorado ruling citing the President is not an officer of the US and sidesteps the rest of the issue Trump and the Republican propoganda media will be there telling the poor saps like Garmel that they ruled Trump didnt engage in insurrection or give aid and comfort to those who did and he will parrot it like a good little boy.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Marshall Cohen
    @MarshallCohen
    EXCLUSIVE: Recordings and emails obtained by CNN show

how Trump campaign operatives realized the fake elector

certificates from MI & WI were stuck in the mail, and how they

scrambled to fly them to DC in time for Jan. 6
    . w/

https://cnn.com/2023/12/28/politics/...ots/index.html

I Smoked Nikkki Haley
    @BlackKnight10k
    ·
    12h
    The reason Trump's coup failed?

They couldn't get the fake electors to D.C. in time

because Trump's handpicked Postmaster General destroyed

the post office to sabotage mail in ballots in 2020.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Let me clarify a few things for the slow members of the forum, looking at your Garmel, Trump did not have to personally engage in insurrection. It also applies to those who give "aid and comfort" to those engaging in insurrection. What exactly "aid and comfort" is could be debatable. You could say sitting back and watching instead of taking action to stop it is giving "aid and comfort". You could also say it requires an affirmative action. The second issue is whether the President takes an oath to "support" the constitution. Trumps lawyers argue no, I dont think any serious person agrees with that. The third and most likely part that will be the deciding factor in the upcoming case is whether the President is an officer of the United States. The 14th amendment doesnt bar insurrectionists it bars people who have taken an oath to support the constitution as an officer of the United States who engaged in insurrection or gave aid and comfort to those who did. There is a long standing argument over whether the President is an officer of the United States but I think its silly to assume Congress wanted this to apply to members of Congress and not the President. An officer of the United States is defined as someone that is appointed whom some of the Sovreign power of the US is delegated to. You could say the President isnt appointed. Some say they are appointed by the Electoral college voters. Some say the President is the highest law enforcement officer in the country. I predict the President being an officer is what will be the deciding issue in the case. I think the Conservative justices will say no and not even weigh in on the rest of it. If any of the liberal justices side with Trump I think it will be on that part of the issue as well. No doubt when the court does strike down the Colorado ruling citing the President is not an officer of the US and sidesteps the rest of the issue Trump and the Republican propoganda media will be there telling the poor saps like Garmel that they ruled Trump didnt engage in insurrection or give aid and comfort to those who did and he will parrot it like a good little boy.
    lol

Yeah, I don't need a court to tell me the obvious that this wasn't an insurrection. Watching you people being duped constantly is hilarious.
    Last edited by Garmel; 12-30-2023 at 09:03 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Since it's this one wacko Judge he should have no problem in appeal, so why the constant whining. Is it to much to ask for a nominee of a major political party to put his big boy pants on and stop reacting to everything that doesn't go his way like a petulant child? Here's all he needs to say "we disagree with the Judge, we are confident we will win on appeal and be fully vindicated". Instead it's just "waaaaahhhhh, bad man no like me, waaaaah, so unfair, waaaaah". And you people will vote for that man in the general election.
    Because all of this takes up a lot of money and time.

Talk about being slow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    lol

Yeah, I don't need a court to tell me the obvious that this wasn't an insurrection. Watching you people being duped constantly is hilarious.

Would you be so bold as to say if all events were reversed and it was Antifa and Democrats doing the exact same thing on Jan6 after Trump won that Trump wouldnt be calling it an insurrection and treason?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Because all of this takes up a lot of money and time.

Talk about being slow.

Trump doesnt have to be involved in the civil case whatsoever. He chooses to. As for money, he has a net worth of eleventy trillion dollars according to the fantasy world of make believe he lives in. Maybe he should sell Maralago for the 20 quadrillion he claims its worth.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Would you be so bold as to say if all events were reversed and it was Antifa and Democrats doing the exact same thing on Jan6 after Trump won that Trump wouldnt be calling it an insurrection and treason?
    Nope. With all of the Summer of Love burnings which included the burning of federal buildings they were not an insurrection in my eye.

The only true insurrection we saw was the CHAZ stuff. Taking over cities blocks and declaring yourself a separate country qualifies.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Trump doesnt have to be involved in the civil case whatsoever. He chooses to. As for money, he has a net worth of eleventy trillion dollars according to the fantasy world of make believe he lives in. Maybe he should sell Maralago for the 20 quadrillion he claims its worth.
    His very livelihood in NY is being threatened by a corrupt judge. Of course he's going to be involved.

Where in the world do you get these crazy ideas from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Nope. With all of the Summer of Love burnings which included the burning of federal buildings they were not an insurrection in my eye.

The only true insurrection we saw was the CHAZ stuff. Taking over cities blocks and declaring yourself a separate country qualifies.

And you claim I deflect. Trump said Democrats not clapping at his state of the union address was treason. If the events of J6 were reversed Trump would be calling it an insurrection and everyone involved traitors and you know it.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    And you claim I deflect. Trump said Democrats not clapping at his state of the union address was treason. If the events of J6 were reversed Trump would be calling it an insurrection and everyone involved traitors and you know it.
    Maybe so but what Trump thinks isn't important. I matched your deflection with one of my own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    His very livelihood in NY is being threatened by a corrupt judge. Of course he's going to be involved.

Where in the world do you get these crazy ideas from?

His livelihood? Like he is some dude living paycheck to paycheck with 12 kids to pay for. Worst case scenario here he has to sell the companies assets which he claims are worth 3562562095 billion dollars and he pays a couple hundred million in fines out of it. He doesnt even do jack **** with his company anymore. And any judgement by the Judge would be halted pending the result of the appeal which he claims he will win easily. His temper tantrums sound like a guy who knows he is going to lose those appeals and not a person confident he will prevail. And the main reason he wouldnt be involved in the trial is because the worst thing you can do in a trial beyond taking a **** in the middle of the courtroom is antagonizing the Judge. All he has to say is "I think the Judge is wrong, we will appeal his rulings and we are confident we will prevail" then go about his life and let his lawyers handle it. Instead he acts like a petulant child who had his binky taken away.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Maybe so but what Trump thinks isn't important. I matched your deflection with one of my own.

I wish that was true. How is it unfair to treat actions Trump would call insurrection as insurrection? He agrees, just not when he is the one doing it.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    His livelihood? Like he is some dude living paycheck to paycheck with 12 kids to pay for. Worst case scenario here he has to sell the companies assets which he claims are worth 3562562095 billion dollars and he pays a couple hundred million in fines out of it. He doesnt even do jack **** with his company anymore. And any judgement by the Judge would be halted pending the result of the appeal which he claims he will win easily. His temper tantrums sound like a guy who knows he is going to lose those appeals and not a person confident he will prevail. And the main reason he wouldnt be involved in the trial is because the worst thing you can do in a trial beyond taking a **** in the middle of the courtroom is antagonizing the Judge. All he has to say is "I think the Judge is wrong, we will appeal his rulings and we are confident we will prevail" then go about his life and let his lawyers handle it. Instead he acts like a petulant child who had his binky taken away.
    I love it when you call yourself a libertarian and then try to defend the authoritarianism that's occurring here.

"Oh, he's got enough money. It won't hurt him"

No, he won't be on the streets but having the government forcing you to relinquish his businesses on bull**** charges is pretty damn sickening and paying a 250 million dollar fine on top of it is even more ridiculous.

And you're all for it.