Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts

1st current POTUS to be declared too incompetent to charge with a crime

The firsts keep coming
    Swanson sucks

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (02-12-2024), Garmel (02-12-2024), sturg33 (02-12-2024), Tapate50 (02-12-2024), thethe (02-12-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    lol

But we all knew that already
    Ivermectin Man

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    https://reason.com/2024/02/12/joe-bi...-very-bad-day/

"Right after I was elected, I went to a G7 meeting in southern England," Biden said last week at a Nevada political rally. "And I sat down and said, 'America is back!' and Mitterand from Germany—I mean France—looked at me and said, 'How long you back for?'"

Nice catch that Mitterand was French, not German! That's a save. But forgetting that Mitterand has been dead since 1996 and that today's French president is named "Macron" is not.

Later in the week, in New York, Biden twice attributed a supposed 2021 comment by then-German Chancellor Angela Merkel to Helmut Kohl, who held that position in the '80s and '90s and died in 2017.

He also appeared to forget the name of the Hamas terrorist group that attacked Israel while he was updating the press on the continuing conflict.

"At trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory," notes the report. "He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ('if it was 2013—when did I stop being Vice President?'), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ('in 2009, am I still Vice President?'). He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died."

Ouch. That's not where the White House team wanted this to go. The president himself bitterly responded in a press briefing where he welcomed the decision to not prosecute but denounced aspersions on his cognitive abilities, and insisted "my memory is fine." Then he took a question about Israel.

"As you know, initially, the President of Mexico, El-Sisi, did not want to open up the gate to allow humanitarian material to get in," he answered.

But Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is the president of Egypt.

—————

What a week, lol.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I’ll never stop saying that while I agree that Joe Biden is an old man who’s getting progressively less sharp, this simply isn’t something that doesn’t also apply to Trump. The fact that we will once again need to choose between which potato to put into office is deeply frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I’ll never stop saying that while I agree that Joe Biden is an old man who’s getting progressively less sharp, this simply isn’t something that doesn’t also apply to Trump. The fact that we will once again need to choose between which potato to put into office is deeply frustrating.
    Its not in the same stratosphere.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    You people are easy marks.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its not in the same stratosphere.
    I wholeheartedly disagree, Trump just has a communication style that doesn’t show it as much. He spouts off gibberish frequently but it’s said in such a way that people don’t notice it as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I’m just glad that border opened up from the dead guy in Mexico 30 years ago at the g7 to get the Israeli over reaction aid in
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I wholeheartedly disagree, Trump just has a communication style that doesn’t show it as much. He spouts off gibberish frequently but it’s said in such a way that people don’t notice it as much.
    The reason Biden is gone is because he can’t actually contain it anymore. He’s a vegetable while Trump is still golfing and doing 1 hour plus speaking events.

Not in the same stratosphere.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    They get Biden pumped up on all types of stuff to get a few minutes out of him. He’s barely holding on
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    They get Biden pumped up on all types of stuff to get a few minutes out of him. He’s barely holding on
    Yup - you see it in his eyes.

I’m not going to pretend that trump is in his prime but it’s an insult to try and pretend Trump and Biden are in the same physical/mental position.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    The danger is the decline can hit hard and fast. We’d be better off not rolling the dice on folks in their late 70’s or 80’s. You can be pretty confident projecting where a 50 year old will be cognitively five years in the future…someone 77, not so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    The danger is the decline can hit hard and fast. We’d be better off not rolling the dice on folks in their late 70’s or 80’s. You can be pretty confident projecting where a 50 year old will be cognitively five years in the future…someone 77, not so much.
    This is a valid point but we were seeing declines in Biden far worse than anything with Trump 10 years ago.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    This.

Trump is miles better than Biden, but he is in clear decline, and is hitting the age Biden was when he won in 2020. When it goes, it goes fast, as we have seen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    The Trump years showed the system runs even if the President doesn't.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You mean the Biden years?

Thats why you have no idea if legalization would happen. You didn't vote for whoever is in charge right now. They didn't campaign, they didn't have a platform.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    No I mean the Trump years, the vast majority of his Presidency watching Fox News, Golfing, and grifting at Maralago. As for legalization, exactly what I said would happen has happened so far. When it comes up in the general election and Biden says people need to vote for him so he gets a second term to get it done my prediction will be completely accurate. The move he did make was a stall tactic to pacify the legalization crowd. The NHS has already said no matter what they or the DEA recommend it will take an act of Congress. And the Biden admin spent the entire time they had the majority in Congress saying they were too busy. Even with the majority Democrats will hold the issue hostage to get reparations and wont vote for a straight legalization vote that would actually get decent support from Republicans.

It’s over."