Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Confication Watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    But he didn't lower the bar. He left her alone. One of his many failures

He admits he told his AG to go after her. He named a special prosecutor to probe the origins of the Russia investigation which he claims was a conspiracy by Hillary. That he was unsuccessful in finding a way to lock up Hillary doesnt absolve him of wanting and trying to. And since when are you for letting the rich and powerful be above the law? Trump is in no way shape or form a victim here.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    What Trump says to the masses and what he really wants are two different things.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...ed-2016-2022-3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Incorrect.

And cars do sell for well more than list price all the time. Particularly cars that were used in movie/tv shows. The value such things is determined by the market, as it should be.

A car used in a movie is not the same as a normal car. Its a unique item. The person isnt paying more for the car they are paying for the novelty value of the car being in a movie. Cars do sell for more than the listed price but not 10 times more. Maybe I can convince some moron to pay 10 times the real value but when that person then tries to resell it they arent going to get the price they paid. If I were to go to a dealership and say I want to sell my car to them and I paid 10k 2 months ago for it so I want that same price they will tell me I am a moron for paying the price not accept it as the real value.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Like I said, saying it was an accident depends on a person who claims to having one of the greatest memories of all time who works in real estate forgetting the square footage of his own apartment. Even if he didnt know shouldnt a veteran real estate developer be able to tell the difference between 11,000 and 33,000 square foot? Thats not a small difference. I am no real estate developer but I know my house aint 3,000 square feet and I dont know the square footage. Yeah they corrected the square footage when the claim went public but didnt give two ****s when they were made aware privately.
    For one, you're assuming an awful lot.

Secondly, Trump owns and has owned a lot of residences over his life. It would not be uncommon for someone who has owned as many residences as he has to not accurately recall the sqft of every place. In fact someone with as much money as he does probably doesn't pay one bit of attention to the sqft of a place when they buy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    What Trump says to the masses and what he really wants are two different things.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...ed-2016-2022-3

You dont even notice whats wrong with that. You think Trump waited almost 2 years after taking office to tell his AG to drop the Hillary emails ****? If he was telling anyone that it was Sessions.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts

someone with as much money as he does probably doesn't pay one bit of attention to the sqft of a place when they buy it.
    That's what underlings are for.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    You dont even notice whats wrong with that. You think Trump waited almost 2 years after taking office to tell his AG to drop the Hillary emails ****? If he was telling anyone that it was Sessions.
    He might have told Sessions that and he told Barr that. You really think that's some kind of gotcha?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    A car used in a movie is not the same as a normal car. Its a unique item. The person isnt paying more for the car they are paying for the novelty value of the car being in a movie. Cars do sell for more than the listed price but not 10 times more. Maybe I can convince some moron to pay 10 times the real value but when that person then tries to resell it they arent going to get the price they paid. If I were to go to a dealership and say I want to sell my car to them and I paid 10k 2 months ago for it so I want that same price they will tell me I am a moron for paying the price not accept it as the real value.

Oh a unique item.... may be like a residence, on the national historical registry, on rare beach front property in Miami, containing artistically rare items like Spanish tiles from the 1500's.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

Secondly, Trump owns and has owned a lot of residences over his life. It would not be uncommon for someone who has owned as many residences as he has to not accurately recall the sqft of every place. In fact someone with as much money as he does probably doesn't pay one bit of attention to the sqft of a place when they buy it.

If it was his golf course I would agree but this was his private residence. And he is a man who obsesses over the size and value of his own properties. As was shown in the case when presented with claims of its innaccuracy there was no concern looking into it until it went public despite easily accessible accurate information. I am assuming but like I told Garmel, this is one thing out of about 50. If this was the lone issue or one of two or three its easy to assume its a mistake. The case when looked at as a whole shows that these were a pattern and practice not mistakes. Please read the Judge's verdict with all the witnesses and examples. If you have read that and disagree fine but people who havent read the whole thing are not informed enough to argue it.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Oh a unique item.... may be like a residence, on the national historical registry, on rare beach front property in Miami, containing artistically rare items like Spanish tiles from the 1500's.....

Not a residence sir.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    He might have told Sessions that and he told Barr that. You really think that's some kind of gotcha?

So you believe Bill Barr? Even if you believe that there is still Trumps attempt to get Ukraine to announce an investigation into Biden so he could use it to help his campaign.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Also, the most expensive car ever sold was a 1968 Ford Gulf GT40, driven by Steve McQueen in the movie Le Mans. It sold for 11 million. You can currently by a regular Ford GT40 from the same year for around 200k. That's literally 55 times the price.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Not a residence sir.
    You can call it whatever you want. That doesn't change the uniqueness of it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Why did they include conditions on liquidity and maintaining a certain net worth? Trump lied to reach the threshold. Like saying his stake in Vornado was a liquid asset to help him reach the required amount of liquidity DB wanted. So while they did assume he was lying about some of his net worth it was also the liquidity which they didnt adjust to assume he was lying about. Theres no reason to think banks have special rules for Trump that apply only to him. If you have increased risk the bank raises the rates.
    Did the banks find at fault for this? Surely they must have been outraged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    You can call it whatever you want. That doesn't change the uniqueness of it.
    It has a unique value now after Trump used his Presidency to boost its value but the loans in question were from before he ran for President so present day value means nothing. Much of the unique things like the Spanish Wood was there when Trump bought it for 10 million. He added the beachfront property part and built it up a little bit but virtually everyone agrees it would have been worth more torn down and building 30 houses on the lots. Again, as I said, Marlago is one element out of 50 in this case. Nothing hinges on Maralagos value.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Did the banks find at fault for this? Surely they must have been outraged?

Do you think its in a banks interest to get boycotted by Republicans? Saying the bank isnt outraged while virtually having a gun held to their head isnt very convincing.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Do you think it's in a banks interest to get boycotted by Republicans? Saying the bank isnt outraged while virtually having a gun held to their head isnt very convincing.
    By helping trump, the banks took a chance of outraging the other side.

I think it's funny your side thinks a bank will let you list your own property values without checking the valuations themselves.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (03-25-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

I think it's funny your side thinks a bank will let you list your own property values without checking the valuations themselves.
    Cajun knows. He’s just a loon now.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    It has a unique value now after Trump used his Presidency to boost its value but the loans in question were from before he ran for President so present day value means nothing. Much of the unique things like the Spanish Wood was there when Trump bought it for 10 million. He added the beachfront property part and built it up a little bit but virtually everyone agrees it would have been worth more torn down and building 30 houses on the lots. Again, as I said, Marlago is one element out of 50 in this case. Nothing hinges on Maralagos value.
    It had uniqueness to it before Trump became POTUS. It was listed as a historical site back in 1969. Trump got it for so "cheap" because it was in a state of disarray (he also pulled some shady, yet completely legal tactics to drive the price down). They Post family had it listed for over 20 million at one point. According to wiki, the minimum acceptable bid had been $20 million, and the interior furnishings were appraised at $8 million. After Trump bought it, it contained more land and he completely refurbished the entire site, bringing even more uniqueness to the residence.

Acting like it's just another piece of property is being deliberately disingenuous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

So you are saying DB is lying when they said they didnt do their own appraisals? If they were going to do that why even ask for a SCF from Trump?

It’s over."