Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Confication Watch

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Why shouldnt he have to pay the amount he saved by deceiving DB on the risk of his loans?
    DB didn't like his figure. They lowered it and both came to a mutual price.

You still mistakenly believe the government's assessment of value is the correct one. It isn't.
    Last edited by Garmel; 03-25-2024 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    DB didn't like his figure. They lowered it and both came to a mutual price.

Why did they include conditions on liquidity and maintaining a certain net worth? Trump lied to reach the threshold. Like saying his stake in Vornado was a liquid asset to help him reach the required amount of liquidity DB wanted. So while they did assume he was lying about some of his net worth it was also the liquidity which they didnt adjust to assume he was lying about. Theres no reason to think banks have special rules for Trump that apply only to him. If you have increased risk the bank raises the rates.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    You have to leave out so much context to get to that opinion. There is a whole business of appraising to determine current value. They determine value based on what similar properties sell for. Its an inexact science but just because someone pays a price doesnt mean that is its worth. If I sell my 94 Nissan Altima might be appraised for 2k value and if I sell it to someone for 100k its still worth 2k. Its not what one person could get for something its what the average transaction for that property would be. If 94 Nissan Altimas started selling for 4k all of a sudden in a whole bunch of transactions then you can make the argument its actually worth that because its the expected resale value.

Trump did get appraisals of several of his properties. He got to hand pick the appraiser and could have even gotten a second opinion if he wanted to. When it came time for Mazars to do his SCFs he lied to them that he didnt have any records or appraisals for those properties. That shows intent to deceive. If he had turned over those appraisals and said "I think they are actually worth X" then he would have an argument that its just a difference of opinion. With his apartment they showed in the trial that Trump/Weaselberg knew the real size when it was constructed. They showed that they had documentation for the real size handy to them. They showed they were informed by journalists that the size was being incorrectly stated and ignored it. Weaselberg pled guilty to lying about being informed of that fact. Only after that media released it publicly did they correct it. This isnt a case of difference of opinion on value of property, this is a case of grossly overinflating assets to reach a predetermined goal to get better terms on his loans with DB.
    That's Mazar's statement against his. That doesn't make it a fact.

Yes, they made an error in the square footage and corrected it.

Once they corrected the price was right in line with the other properties in NY. Trump's Mar-a-lago is right in line with the estimates.

The judge believes his judgment his better than a professional accountant who went through Trump's books.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Why did they include conditions on liquidity and maintaining a certain net worth? Trump lied to reach the threshold. Like saying his stake in Vornado was a liquid asset to help him reach the required amount of liquidity DB wanted. So while they did assume he was lying about some of his net worth it was also the liquidity which they didnt adjust to assume he was lying about. Theres no reason to think banks have special rules for Trump that apply only to him. If you have increased risk the bank raises the rates.
    Trump was actually below the threshold and DB did it anyway. He paid back the loan and nobody was hurt. Once again listening to that crank judge's word doesn't mean anything. The government's assessment was wrong.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Just like how you believed this 454 million bond wasn't excessive you keep buying into what you're being told.

If we took 100 lawyers off the street and asked them who is right in this case the vast majority would say I am.

About the only lawyers who buy into this Trump fraud nonsense being legit are the exact same ones who believe the insurrection act was self-executing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Mazars statement against his? It was in the contract that Trump signed that he was to turn over all records relating to those properties which includes appraisals.

It wasnt an error in square footage. It was willfully misleading. Trump made public statements at the time it was built with the correct square footage. You can say he forgot over time but this is a man who claims to have one of the greatest memories of all time. If he was a dentist maybe I buy that but he is literally a property developer. I find it hard to believe that a real estate developer forgets the square footage of his own apartment 5 years after he had it built. They showed in the trial that they had no interest in correcting the record when notified. Weaselberg had the correct information in his filing cabinet right outside his office. Never even bothered to look it up after notified. Only after the claim went public did they do anything about it.

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/file...p-decision.pdf

Here is the ruling by the Judge. Its very thorough. I suggest you read it because it goes witness by witness with the important details. This wasnt accounting errors or differences of opinion. This was a practice and pattern of deceitful accounting.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Just like how you believed this 454 million bond wasn't excessive you keep buying into what you're being told.

If we took 100 lawyers off the street and asked them who is right in this case the vast majority would say I am.

About the only lawyers who buy into this Trump fraud nonsense being legit are the exact same ones who believe the insurrection act was self-executing.

The didnt set a bond amount the bond amount is the judgement plus 20%. The bond is high because the fine was high. And I disagree about who lawyers would side with. You are just making **** up.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Trump was actually below the threshold and DB did it anyway. He paid back the loan and nobody was hurt. Once again listening to that crank judge's word doesn't mean anything. The government's assessment was wrong.

Trump was barely below the threshold. Which was the point of the deceit. No way they give out the loans at that rate if they knew he was significantly below the threshold. Trump knew he had to get to 2.5 billion in net worth and went about reverse engineering to get there.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Mazars statement against his? It was in the contract that Trump signed that he was to turn over all records relating to those properties which includes appraisals.

It wasnt an error in square footage. It was willfully misleading. Trump made public statements at the time it was built with the correct square footage. You can say he forgot over time but this is a man who claims to have one of the greatest memories of all time. If he was a dentist maybe I buy that but he is literally a property developer. I find it hard to believe that a real estate developer forgets the square footage of his own apartment 5 years after he had it built. They showed in the trial that they had no interest in correcting the record when notified. Weaselberg had the correct information in his filing cabinet right outside his office. Never even bothered to look it up after notified. Only after the claim went public did they do anything about it.

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/file...p-decision.pdf

Here is the ruling by the Judge. Its very thorough. I suggest you read it because it goes witness by witness with the important details. This wasnt accounting errors or differences of opinion. This was a practice and pattern of deceitful accounting.
    That's Mazar's POV. Reality could be different.

Yes, I've done some of the same thing with some of the square footage of my property due to typos that becomes reality. I committed fraud!!! lol

They corrected it after an article came out and then set the new amount to a correct assessment. Was it fraud? About impossible to prove but the fact they changed it without the government getting involved I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. There should be a fine of 100K or so but that's it. The accountant didn't believe it was done intentionally. Trump's memory is **** so i wouldn't expect him to remember the square footage.

You can do this to about any business out there and there will be a ton of errors in their books. You can also find disgruntled employees and with a corrupt judge and AG you can create a narrative that doesn't exist.

Sorry, this case won't make it through the appeals process.
    Last edited by Garmel; 03-25-2024 at 12:34 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Trump was barely below the threshold. Which was the point of the deceit. No way they give out the loans at that rate if they knew he was significantly below the threshold. Trump knew he had to get to 2.5 billion in net worth and went about reverse engineering to get there.
    You still mistakenly believe that the government's assessment is the correct one. That's why you're can't understand that you're wrong.

I can say for sure that Trump's apartment once corrected and Mar-a-lago seem to be fine. If there was this big conspiracy to deceive it's a bad one when two valuable properties are correct.

The judge saying Mar-a-lago's assessment was far off the appraiser's 18m-27m is a dead giveaway to this case. it's pretty hard to take the judge's opinion seriously after this. This judge also admitted that he makes rulings with his emotions. As i said this will be dead in appeals.
    Last edited by Garmel; 03-25-2024 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

2016 Republicans "lock her up! lock her up!"

2024 Republicans "A person running for office saying they are going to get a political opponent is wrong"

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    You still mistakenly believe that the government's assessment is the correct one. That's why you're can't understand that you're wrong.

I can say for sure that Trump's apartment once corrected and Mar-a-lago seem to be fine. If there was this big conspiracy to deceive it's a bad one when two valuable properties are correct.

The judge saying Mar-a-lago's assessment was far off the appraiser's 18m-27m is a dead giveaway to this case. it's pretty hard to take the judge's opinion seriously after this. This judge also admitted that he makes rulings with his emotions. As i said this will be dead in appeals.

What you arent getting is that is just a fraction of the case. This isnt about one example of fraud its about showing a persistent and pattern/practice of fraud. If Maralago never existed in this equation the case is still the same.

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

2016 Republicans "lock her up! lock her up!"

2024 Republicans "A person running for office saying they are going to get a political opponent is wrong"
    2016 Democrats: "A person running for office saying they are going to get a political opponent is wrong, a danger to democracy, and fascist"

2024 Democrats: "Lock him up! Stop at nothing. He didn't pay a contractor once, seize all his assets!!!! Make a countdown timer my voters can masterbate to!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    That's Mazar's POV. Reality could be different.

Yes, I've done some of the same thing with some of the square footage of my property due to typos that becomes reality. I committed fraud!!! lol

They corrected it after an article came out and then set the new amount to a correct assessment. Was it fraud? About impossible to prove but the fact they changed it without the government getting involved I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. There should be a fine of 100K or so but that's it. The accountant didn't believe it was done intentionally. Trump's memory is **** so i wouldn't expect him to remember the square footage.

You can do this to about any business out there and there will be a ton of errors in their books. You can also find disgruntled employees and with a corrupt judge and AG you can create a narrative that doesn't exist.

Sorry, this case won't make it through the appeals process.

Like I said, saying it was an accident depends on a person who claims to having one of the greatest memories of all time who works in real estate forgetting the square footage of his own apartment. Even if he didnt know shouldnt a veteran real estate developer be able to tell the difference between 11,000 and 33,000 square foot? Thats not a small difference. I am no real estate developer but I know my house aint 3,000 square feet and I dont know the square footage. Yeah they corrected the square footage when the claim went public but didnt give two ****s when they were made aware privately.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    lololol. Damn it, Sturg. You made me choke on my water.
    Last edited by Garmel; 03-25-2024 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    2016 Democrats: "A person running for office saying they are going to get a political opponent is wrong, a danger to democracy, and fascist"

2024 Democrats: "Lock him up! Stop at nothing. He didn't pay a contractor once, seize all his assets!!!! Make a countdown timer my voters can masterbate to!!"

Thats what happens when one candidate lowers the bar. Its no longer taboo. I was pro lock up Hillary the same as I am now pro lockup Trump. Democrats around here were a lot less whiny bitches about it.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I will accept whatever the end result is. Which you wont. Since you say it wont survive the appellate court I dont want to see you making the same lame excuses if he loses there.
    Except you never do.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Thats what happens when one candidate lowers the bar. Its no longer taboo. I was pro lock up Hillary the same as I am now pro lockup Trump. Democrats around here were a lot less whiny bitches about it.
    But he didn't lower the bar. He left her alone. One of his many failures

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    You have to leave out so much context to get to that opinion. There is a whole business of appraising to determine current value. They determine value based on what similar properties sell for. Its an inexact science but just because someone pays a price doesnt mean that is its worth. If I sell my 94 Nissan Altima might be appraised for 2k value and if I sell it to someone for 100k its still worth 2k. Its not what one person could get for something its what the average transaction for that property would be. If 94 Nissan Altimas started selling for 4k all of a sudden in a whole bunch of transactions then you can make the argument its actually worth that because its the expected resale value.

Trump did get appraisals of several of his properties. He got to hand pick the appraiser and could have even gotten a second opinion if he wanted to. When it came time for Mazars to do his SCFs he lied to them that he didnt have any records or appraisals for those properties. That shows intent to deceive. If he had turned over those appraisals and said "I think they are actually worth X" then he would have an argument that its just a difference of opinion. With his apartment they showed in the trial that Trump/Weaselberg knew the real size when it was constructed. They showed that they had documentation for the real size handy to them. They showed they were informed by journalists that the size was being incorrectly stated and ignored it. Weaselberg pled guilty to lying about being informed of that fact. Only after that media released it publicly did they correct it. This isnt a case of difference of opinion on value of property, this is a case of grossly overinflating assets to reach a predetermined goal to get better terms on his loans with DB.
    Incorrect.

And cars do sell for well more than list price all the time. Particularly cars that have cultural and historical relevance, such as cars used in movie/tv shows. The value of such things is determined by the market, as it should be.
    Last edited by Carp; 03-25-2024 at 01:12 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Like I said, saying it was an accident depends on a person who claims to having one of the greatest memories of all time who works in real estate forgetting the square footage of his own apartment. Even if he didnt know shouldnt a veteran real estate developer be able to tell the difference between 11,000 and 33,000 square foot? Thats not a small difference. I am no real estate developer but I know my house aint 3,000 square feet and I dont know the square footage. Yeah they corrected the square footage when the claim went public but didnt give two ****s when they were made aware privately.
    He should be able to but he's also up in years. It's common to include hallways and stairways so Trump might have thought that was where it was coming from. As I said it's hard to prove.