Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2024 Minor League Thread

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Twins purchase the contract of Kevin Maitán from the Charleston Dirty Birds.
    Maitán was playing independent ball after being released by the Angels following a 2023 season where he hit .192/.300/.256 with one homer in 53 games for Double-A Rocket City. The 24-year-old was considered one of the top international prospects in baseball when he signed with the Braves back in 2016. However, his contract was voided after a scandal involving Atlanta’s general manager John Coppolella and Maitán ended up with the Angels on a $2.2 million signing bonus. He never reached the majors and will now try again in Minnesota, starting at High-A Cedar Rapids.

Wow
    I did a search on Maitan the other day and he was really ripping in the independent league he was playing in. Twins also have Yunior Severino in AAA and he's striking out a ton and not hitting much. Curious where Maitan starts out. He really stunk up AA last season.

FCL Braves won their first game of the year (in extras) by the score of 7-6 and are now 1-8. They hit today, but managed to make 6 errors. Wasted a good start from 18-year-old RHP Luis Arestigueta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,722 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I asked him and he just responded. Said that is what happens when you pick last every year and graduate all your top prospects. Now shut up and enjoy the team.

Felt it was a bit harsh... he ignored my comment that I could get Harris on Ozempic if he wanted me too..
    Tell em to do better... I wanna enjoy the major league team for another decade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,996 Posts
    I thought Perdomo and Guanipa were assigned FCL but they havent had any at bats. Are they just listed there until DSL starts as a placeholder? Really bummed about the starts of Drake, Glod, and Benitez

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I thought Perdomo and Guanipa were assigned FCL but they havent had any at bats. Are they just listed there until DSL starts as a placeholder? Really bummed about the starts of Drake, Glod, and Benitez
    Perdomo and Guanipa are on the FCL roster and, like you, I don't know why they aren't seeing action. I'm guessing (perhaps inaccurately) that Perdomo is just working out there until the DSL starts, but Guanipa is a mystery seeing he played in the DSL last summer and did fairly well.

The word on Drake after being drafted is that he was going to take awhile. I was surprised he was in Augusta at the start of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in the FCL for an extended stint.