Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Some social media comments from players seem to indicate Drue Hackenberg and Spencer Schwellenbach are headed to Rome. That Rome rotation is going to be interesting - lots of solid options.

I'd imagine Owen Murphy, Jhoncarlos Lara, Cade Kuehler and Lucas Braun would all start there, plus Schwellenbach and Hackenberg. So maybe a six-man rotation or they just piggyback some guys. You'd also guess Adam Maier would start there if he's truly healthy, but maybe they take it slow and start him in Augusta similar to how they left Schwellenbach there most of last year.
    I'm a little surprised Schwellenbach isn't in Mississippi. They have to make a decision on him vis-a-vis the 40-man after this season. With clvclv watching from the Great Beyond, I'm one of the few who thinks about that here on Terra Firma and maybe it's not that big a deal. I expect Schwellenbach to get moved up at some point.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I'm a little surprised Schwellenbach isn't in Mississippi. They have to make a decision on him vis-a-vis the 40-man after this season. With clvclv watching from the Great Beyond, I'm one of the few who thinks about that here on Terra Firma and maybe it's not that big a deal. I expect Schwellenbach to get moved up at some point.
    Yeah, I was surprised by that too. And again, it's just me seeing other players comment on their social media posts, so it could very well be wrong.

But he only got 13 inning in Rome last year, so maybe they view this as an AJSS situation, where he got moved up to Mississippi after only three starts. Hopefully he pitches well enough to justify the move because he turns 24 next month. We need to figure out what he is this season, not to mention the 40-man concerns you brought up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-02-2024)