Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: GDT 4/7/24: Braves vs D-Backs - Feeling Sweepy

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    And Giles is still lurking in AAA. Imagine him replacing Bummer or whoever.
    Coppy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-07-2024)

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    And Giles is still lurking in AAA. Imagine him replacing Bummer or whoever.
    How’s he doing down there? I haven’t had a chance to look in on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,526 Posts
    The thing I took away from this series is that the DBacks aren’t very good…like at all. I was at these last two games. Their lineup consists of, like, 2-3 decent hitters and a lot of nothing burgers. They have two really good starting pitchers which curves the rotation grade on the whole. Their bullpen is mid, and their defense is absolutely fckn atrocious.

Not taking anything away from the Braves, because even without Strider they’re still the class of the league IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,526 Posts
    I’m on the road so I won’t be able to post the broom gif until later. Someone else can feel free to fill in for me.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    The thing I took away from this series is that the DBacks aren’t very good…like at all. I was at these last two games. Their lineup consists of, like, 2-3 decent hitters and a lot of nothing burgers. They have two really good starting pitchers which curves the rotation grade on the whole. Their bullpen is mid, and their defense is absolutely fckn atrocious.

Not taking anything away from the Braves, because even without Strider they’re still the class of the league IMO.
    I think they're decent, but the pen is a weakness. If they get a good year out of Montgomery and if EROD comes back from his injury okay, they'll have a solid rotation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I think they're decent, but the pen is a weakness. If they get a good year out of Montgomery and if EROD comes back from his injury okay, they'll have a solid rotation.
    I forgot about Montgomery and ERod (though he probably won’t be a factor).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-07-2024)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I’m on the road so I won’t be able to post the broom gif until later. Someone else can feel free to fill in for me.
    Yeah- I was wondering about that - Slippy doesn’t get credit for the win until the Elephant, Emma, and where applicable - the broom are posted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    513 Posts
    Took me a minute, I guess we haven't swept in a while

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    How’s he doing down there? I haven’t had a chance to look in on it.
    Don’t follow minors much anymore. But 3 inning in 3 games. 3K no walks and no runs. But what I saw in spring he looks like he could be valuable when he gets some reps.
    Coppy

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-07-2024), mossy (04-07-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,526 Posts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (04-08-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdat View Post
    Took me a minute, I guess we haven't swept in a while

You had one job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,709 Posts
    Our old friend julio tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,709 Posts
    Need to get Guillorme a start or 2 this week. Wouldn't mind finding wall a few PA this week also

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Need to get Guillorme a start or 2 this week. Wouldn't mind finding wall a few PA this week also
    You would think a stretch of 13 straight games would be the perfect opportunity to rest a few guys...but probably not. Snit will just run them into the ground until someone tweaks a hamstring and is forced to miss 10 days. Then the dino-apologists will claim there was no way to possibly avoid those injuries.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    You would think a stretch of 13 straight games would be the perfect opportunity to rest a few guys...but probably not. Snit will just run them into the ground until someone tweaks a hamstring and is forced to miss 10 days. Then the dino-apologists will claim there was no way to possibly avoid those injuries.
    Certainly seems like a trademark clown show move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    They just had 2 straight days off and we are one week into the season. They don't need a rest.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    One of your biggest contributions to this forum is comments cemented around facts. you know I completely align with you regarding twit and resting players, but it seems odd to attack him for potential injuries when I don't think there has been any studies correlating playing time with injuries. sure the more you play the more risk because of increased opportunities for injury..but does more rest decrease actual cases of tweaked hamstrings??

now do I THINK regular rest improves performance.. yes. That is why runners and weight lifters rest.. let muscles 'rest'.. I think baseball players don't really exert themselves quite like that, but rest can't be a bad thing. If nothing else a mental break... personally I would give a guy a complete day off, don't even show up to the park type day off or at worst, you will watch entire game on bench in uniform, but you will not play barring 5 injuries.

I think you caught TDS (twitner derangement syndrome) and like me, it can make you go crazy.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    One of your biggest contributions to this forum is comments cemented around facts. you know I completely align with you regarding twit and resting players, but it seems odd to attack him for potential injuries when I don't think there has been any studies correlating playing time with injuries. sure the more you play the more risk because of increased opportunities for injury..but does more rest decrease actual cases of tweaked hamstrings??

now do I THINK regular rest improves performance.. yes. That is why runners and weight lifters rest.. let muscles 'rest'.. I think baseball players don't really exert themselves quite like that, but rest can't be a bad thing. If nothing else a mental break... personally I would give a guy a complete day off, don't even show up to the park type day off or at worst, you will watch entire game on bench in uniform, but you will not play barring 5 injuries.

I think you caught TDS (twitner derangement syndrome) and like me, it can make you go crazy.
    Yes, I have spiraled into blaming Snit for injuries that haven't happened due to moves he hasn't made in games that haven't been played yet. It's supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek though.

Modern load management studies have already shown the benefits of resting guys. It's why boomers complain about the current NBA rest patterns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Yes, I have spiraled into blaming Snit for injuries that haven't happened due to moves he hasn't made in games that haven't been played yet. It's supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek though.

Modern load management studies have already shown the benefits of resting guys. It's why boomers complain about the current NBA rest patterns.
    Well to be fair, what the NBA has turned into is an absolute joke

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Well to be fair, what the NBA has turned into is an absolute joke
    it is what MLB is turning into. NBA rest guys not only because it helps come playoff time, but because over half the league makes the playoffs. MLB is almost the same, just the Braves somehow haven't figured out that busting it to win 105 games only gets you a participation medal and no real benefit to playoff style of play.
    Coppy