Thread: First inning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,742 Posts

First inning.

The 162 game season split in 9 is 18 games. So in terms of a season as a 9 inning game we just completed the first inning on the season. I have seen other places do this and I thought it was a good idea. The offense is booming. Every starting player is hitting well above average with Harris the lowly regular with the worst wRC at 119. Arcia and Kelenic are early season favorites of the BABIP gods. Arcia is the somehow the best defender in baseball according to Fangraphs defensive WAR. Riley seems to have taken another step forward in his defense. A lot of positive defenders at 3B so he still doesnt even rank top 5 defensively. Harris has been negative defender so far which baffles me. Acuna doesnt seem his usual self but still pacing to be a 6+ WAR hitter.

For pitching Reynaldo Lopez is our new ace. Sale has looked good and most importantly healthy. AA the best GM in baseball. We spent most of the offseason arguing about the rotation when Fried leaves and AA got two good SP locked up for 2 more years after 2024. The bullpen has been phenomenal outside of the Bum. I dont think anyone would have predicted the 13-5 start if I told them Strider was going to go down, Fried was going to pitch like crap, and Acuna lost all ability to hit for power.

Who would be your MVPs of the first inning on the season?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I’m not worried about Acuna. He will get hot and have another MVP season. Lopez has been amazing! Once again AA has shown why he’s the best. The way that AA has let Freeman and Swanson go and not skip a beat on offense or defense and for a 1/4 of the cost is crazy. My 2 MVP this far would be Lopez and Ozuna.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,371 Posts
    I would say wall is my mvp. Dude hasn’t gotten an out all season so far.
    Coppy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-20-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,529 Posts
    Arcia will obviously come back down to Earth and be a league averageish hitter like usual at season’s end. But the eye test matches what the defensive metrics say so far. I’m more interested in if Arcia can get a 2nd straight starting All-Star nod. That would be some ****.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (04-20-2024), jpx7 (04-20-2024)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts
    Arcia’s xwoba is going to revert up to his BABIP, and he’s going to win the batting title—- and if it weren’t for Ozuna hitting 74, he’d win the MVP you silly lads.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulavol For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-20-2024)