Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: GDT 4/24/24: Braves vs Marlins - Lopez is our Tromp card

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Not that this needs to be said but Bonds never pitched.

I just don't see an argument that Ohtani isn't the single greatest baseball player ever.
    Because he has only 3 seasons with elite production. Hell, he has only 1 season with a bWAR over 10. From 01-04, Bonds averaged 10.8 WAR. And his 2004 season may have been the most impressive offensive season ever. In 04, his .609 OBP alone was actually higher than the total OPS of at least 4 starting players that season, and it was only 5 points lower than Mark Derosa's OPS with the Braves that season.

Now I discount Bonds total accomplishments because of the help of roids, but those roid seasons were just absolutely insane.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,867 Posts
    Its a fair argument then - Ohtani hasn't been able to stay on the field.

I just look at it that the difference between Bonds hitting ability and Ohtanis doesn't make up for hte fact that Bonds couldn't pitch and Ohtani is a top 20 starter currently.
    Except when you look at WAR Bonds more than makes up for it. At multiple points in his career.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,994 Posts
    I don't think we should or can make an argument. Ohtani will need to be good for way longer to be in the conversation.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    I'll give you that one. I started liking Snit over that infamous replay at the plate where he went off. He was all fired up and it was great. I too would like to see more of that.
    One time Hunter Wendelstedt was a rookie umpire (and 100 pounds lighter than he is now) and Chipper tagged a runner out at third and Hunter missed the call. After Hunter tried to defend the call, Bobby told him he "wasn't worth a pimple on his daddy's ass."

That was one of the 162.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-25-2024), mossy (04-26-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,742 Posts
    Some people cant handle the truth.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I will concede that I have an irrational dislike for him. I think he is completely unqualified but in the end he doesn’t prevent this team from succeeding. I think this team is really fun to watch. I just hate seeing acuna struggle like this and almost wonder if a quick 10 day vacation when Ozzie comes back might help him some.
    I disagree that snit isn’t preventing the team from succeeding. Sure, in the regular season his buffoonery doesn’t matter because this roster will win 100 games no matter what, so it doesn’t matter if he prevents the team from winning 105 games vs 100 games.

Where it really hurts is the brain farts in October when a single loss hurts much more. We have consistently seen Snit out managed by opposing managers, and the same exact mistakes made in the regular season are routinely made in the postseason.

This is a team trying to win a title. Pissing a game away in a 5 game series because the moron in charge can’t figure out when to pull a SP or PH with the platoon advantage is inexcusable. He makes this mistakes now, and they continue to happen in October. That’s not acceptable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-25-2024)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    Guillorme being allowed to face a LHP last night in a 3-1 games is objectively the wrong move, and Snit would have made the exact same mistake in October. It’s not ok. It’s not acceptable. It is inexcusable to make these types of tactical errors.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-25-2024)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    And the next thing out of a snit defender will be “but he’s so good at managing people”. That’s immediately after saying “how could he possibly convince Acuna to not be an idiot?”

If he can’t convince Acuna to not be an idiot AND he’s terrible tactically…what exactly does he bring to the table other than a sharpie?

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mad Dog Murph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    246 Posts
    You need a therapist

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad Dog Murph For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (04-25-2024), mossy (04-26-2024), Mrs. Meta (04-26-2024), UNCBlue012 (04-25-2024)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    The Dino-Snit apologists always have the same reaction, so it's not a surprise to read them over and over.

According to the apologists, criticizing Snit either means someone is too nitpicky/obsessed, or can't possibly understand all the complexities that go into managing a roster as if it is the sports equivalent of rocket science. So fine, no point in arguing with those people. If they can't see the mistakes, and understand how those mistakes have specifically hurt the team in recent Octobers, there's really no point in having an exchange.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    And the next thing out of a snit defender will be “but he’s so good at managing people”. That’s immediately after saying “how could he possibly convince Acuna to not be an idiot?”

If he can’t convince Acuna to not be an idiot AND he’s terrible tactically…what exactly does he bring to the table other than a sharpie?
    I may be way off base but I’d imagine the organization purchases the office supplies
    Ivermectin Man

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-25-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,531 Posts

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (04-26-2024), jpx7 (04-25-2024)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,372 Posts
    I disagree that snit isn’t preventing the team from succeeding. Sure, in the regular season his buffoonery doesn’t matter because this roster will win 100 games no matter what, so it doesn’t matter if he prevents the team from winning 105 games vs 100 games.

Where it really hurts is the brain farts in October when a single loss hurts much more. We have consistently seen Snit out managed by opposing managers, and the same exact mistakes made in the regular season are routinely made in the postseason.

This is a team trying to win a title. Pissing a game away in a 5 game series because the moron in charge can’t figure out when to pull a SP or PH with the platoon advantage is inexcusable. He makes this mistakes now, and they continue to happen in October. That’s not acceptable.
    my only rebutt to this is that he can be controlled much easier in the playoffs. you typically only play 2 games ever back to back and have many days off cooked in. The team of nerds should have a good enough script for him to follow come playoff time. He did a good job in 21 (obviously) and even last year, he wasn't the reason... but to your point.. him leaving Strider out there with oblique issues and his fastball getting down to 94, and not pulling him was colossal dumb.. him allowing Elder to face the stacked lefties a second time through because he was cruising.. also epic failure.. I think he even doubled down and put Lee in with bases loaded instead of using a high leverage guy and then using Lee when the bottom of the order came around.. But these things seem like teachable (I mean cue card) moments that help him through playoff games.

Could you guys imagine this team with someone like Bochy running the ship.
    Coppy

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    It's not even worth arguing on this because the other side will say "I knew you were going to say that and you're already wrong!"

Just chill and enjoy the team. This is like peak Braves. Just enjoy it dude!

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mad Dog Murph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    246 Posts
    The Dino-Snit apologists always have the same reaction, so it's not a surprise to read them over and over.

According to the apologists, criticizing Snit either means someone is too nitpicky/obsessed, or can't possibly understand all the complexities that go into managing a roster as if it is the sports equivalent of rocket science. So fine, no point in arguing with those people. If they can't see the mistakes, and understand how those mistakes have specifically hurt the team in recent Octobers, there's really no point in having an exchange.
    I’m not a fan of Snitker. But I don’t whine and cry about it in every other post. We get it already and there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it. Not even your teenage girl whining will do anything about it. But if it calms down your menstrual cramps to continue to post the same **** over and over, go for it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Dog Murph For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (04-26-2024)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Murph View Post
    I’m not a fan of Snitker. But I don’t whine and cry about it in every other post. We get it already and there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it. Not even your teenage girl whining will do anything about it. But if it calms down your menstrual cramps to continue to post the same **** over and over, go for it.
    If being under our control is the requirement for posting on this board there would be nothing posted ever. All we talk about on this board are things out of our control.

But kudos for the sexist insults. How very boomer of you.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Ohtani is hands down the best player of all time. What is even the argument against it other than longevity?

Its absurd.
    He's not in the top 20. Longevity counts.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to JCarbo76 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-25-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,994 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Murph View Post
    You need a therapist
    Enscheff isn't wrong, he's just... too much. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,742 Posts
    If being under our control is the requirement for posting on this board there would be nothing posted ever. All we talk about on this board are things out of our control.

But kudos for the sexist insults. How very boomer of you.

Again, literally every team swears their manager holds their team back. You are complaining that water is wet. You are welcome to complain, but doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over gets old after a while. We get it.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    The incessant Enscheff snitpicking has gone too far. And should be further studied in the future by academics on the effects of A.I.
    Forever Fredi