Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
I disagree that snit isn’t preventing the team from succeeding. Sure, in the regular season his buffoonery doesn’t matter because this roster will win 100 games no matter what, so it doesn’t matter if he prevents the team from winning 105 games vs 100 games.

Where it really hurts is the brain farts in October when a single loss hurts much more. We have consistently seen Snit out managed by opposing managers, and the same exact mistakes made in the regular season are routinely made in the postseason.

This is a team trying to win a title. Pissing a game away in a 5 game series because the moron in charge can’t figure out when to pull a SP or PH with the platoon advantage is inexcusable. He makes this mistakes now, and they continue to happen in October. That’s not acceptable.
my only rebutt to this is that he can be controlled much easier in the playoffs. you typically only play 2 games ever back to back and have many days off cooked in. The team of nerds should have a good enough script for him to follow come playoff time. He did a good job in 21 (obviously) and even last year, he wasn't the reason... but to your point.. him leaving Strider out there with oblique issues and his fastball getting down to 94, and not pulling him was colossal dumb.. him allowing Elder to face the stacked lefties a second time through because he was cruising.. also epic failure.. I think he even doubled down and put Lee in with bases loaded instead of using a high leverage guy and then using Lee when the bottom of the order came around.. But these things seem like teachable (I mean cue card) moments that help him through playoff games.

Could you guys imagine this team with someone like Bochy running the ship.